shaw brother studio demo on TVB

irongut

Much like these 2 and the Adam Cheung/Andy Lau one from his thread, I remember 2 others as well. One had Leung Kar Yan and a ton of people. He did a live set with another guy with a horse leg cutter and others did demo sets as well. Then there was one with my man Tong Gaai and even Kuo Chui in there as well. Spears were involved.

Those live performances were always impressive. Like the Eastern Condors one.

Maybe, someone has them and can bring them back to life.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah, would love to see the Tong Gaai one again - that's the one on like an awards show-looking stage in front of a big audience, right? IIRC Tong Gaai gets hit in the leg or catches his weapon on another's leg or something similar... some sort of unavoidable mishap, but he styles it alright, carries on unfazed. What happened to that vid?

Morgoth Bauglir
I agree! The man is ridiculously fast.

There's a video Franky posted on youtube (I don't know if it's still up) that showed him around the year 2005 and he's still so fast that it's a blur onscreen!

Last footage I saw of LKL was from the very end of 2008 doing a private forms demo. He absolutely canes it, speed, power, snap, etc. mind-blowing. Untouchable. Wish I could share it, alas it's not my footage to share. He recently had a lung infection over Chinese new year and was in hospital, so I don't know how fighting fit he is at the mo, but the guy's hard as nails. Still putting everyone else to shame!

Morgoth Bauglir

True, not anybody around these days doing movies, or even in the past that show the combo of amazing speed, power and perfect technique that Lau shows. Now that I think about it the video that Franke posted may have been around the year 2007, I can’t remember for sure. I just have an image in my head of him doing some outrageously fast stuff for a man his age. Is the video you have outdoors? I remember it had a song playing and I had to press mute it didn’t fit the video.

Hopefully he makes a comeback, maybe not directing or choreographing but at least an appearance onscreen to show off his skills again before he is too old.

Is the video you have outdoors? I remember it had a song playing and I had to press mute it didn’t fit the video.

No the video I have is filmed indoors with him doing a private forms demo for one of his students & his disciples; I wouldn't want to presume I could make it public. Given time...

Is the vid you're thinking of taken from the time of this footage? LKL from 10 secs in:

This is turning into an awesome thread of live demos of traditional kung fu goodness! Keep it flowing with LKL & other shaw brother greats!

Thank you for that Hsiao Hou and Kara Hui video. That kind of reminds me of the play at the beginning of Mad Monkey Kung Fu.

KFS

Yeah. Glad to see that dug out again. Cheers! Some pressure on that kid. That's Ching Chu next to Hsiao Hou... be interested to know more on that guy, CC, get the impression he did quite a bit behind the scenes stuff with LKL; would love to know his martial background.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Can't believe I hadn't seen this thread before... Some awesome vids with the Pops. Thanks!

True, not anybody around these days doing movies, or even in the past that show the combo of amazing speed, power and perfect technique that Lau shows.

So true... I would go as far as to say nobody. LKL was the shapes king on screen. I don't think any other actor ever performed with as much precision, strenght and fluidity in kung fu movie history. He was it. Too bad he didn't allow himself more screen time...

It's heartbreaking that the "Shaw Bros. studio demo on TVB" video has been removed. This is a very sad thing. But thanks again to rdenn for posting it, and I was lucky to see it several times before it was taken down.

:yociexpress09:

here you go , adam cheng had been cut out of this footage hopefully this will turn up one day in mint qual, peringaten i will have a look for that other lau kar footage.

qrVJ1WKa6PM

I really wish TVB didn't go after every little TVB property so aggressively on youtube.

Yes, i do find that extremely weird. Is it their material? Yes. But it's a friggin tv segment from '83. Unless they are selling a best of '83 tv segment dvd package, I don't get the dick moves over material most people on the entire planet didn't even know existed, to this very day.

If only more of their older series had English subs, or even non VCD releases. Shoot i'd buy the hypothetical best of promo disc without them. :bigsmile: But it would have to include Adam Cheng. Poor Adam, always getting the short end of the stick. I want some Chor Lau-heung damn it.

Chor Lau Heung video, but thai dubbed... well, at least the images worth the pain! :smile:

Do_cb-T1L2c

Alexandra

Alexandra

If someone wants the first Pops and Crew posted by Rdenn and erased by YouTube I kept a copy of this video.

MarsHarmony
If someone wants the first Pops and Crew posted by Rdenn and erased by YouTube I kept a copy of this video.

Dear Alexandra! Please, please email me a copy of this, oh please.

:songhua2:

Dear Alexandra! Please, please email me a copy of this, oh please.

:songhua2:

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!

:laluot_08:

The video is 45MB weight! I don't know how to divide it in three parts for send it via email!

Hells!

Archived