shaw brother studio demo on TVB

irongut

Hi guys/gals,

I'm trying to look for a youtube video of what looked like some old footage of some of the shaw brother actors/actresses doing a kung fu routine demo on Hong Kong TV. I can't seem to locate the youtube vid any longer. It was an awesome demo with the likes of fu sheng, Lau Kar Leung,Kara Hui Ying Hung,Gordon Liu, & others.

As per "Peringaten", it looked to be an upload from vhs & parts of the tape were worn out, but it was still a great demo with lots of great energy from our favorite stars! LKL was extremely sharp! It was nice seeing Fu Sheng & Kara Hui did a nice double edge sword routine! I figured TVB or HK TV brass probably took it down.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

-Pat

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys/gals,

I'm trying to look for a youtube video of what looked like some old footage of some of the shaw brother actors/actresses doing a kung fu routine demo on Hong Kong TV. I can't seem to locate the youtube vid any longer. It was an awesome demo with the likes of fu sheng, Lau Kar Leung,Kara Hui Ying Hung,Gordon Liu, & others.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

-Pat

O5brdVxZDh0&p=3082DF3FFB9BE9E8&playnext=1&index=7

That's not it. Not on youtube anymore, think it was on rdenn's old account that got closed. Hey rdenn, could you re-up it? I'd like to see this again. IIRC the video really wobbled at LKL's section - you can tell that bit got the most rewinds.

Had a trawl through TR's channel before I posted, couldn't see it, must have been rdenn I guess. Great vid, also had Fu Sheng's brother & Yang Jing Jing iirc... Shame it seems to be gone; think rdenn also had that clip of LKL interviewing stuntmen after arriving in a rolls royce - would love to see that again too. Started saving vids since I realised these could vanish!

here you go , adam cheng had been cut out of this footage hopefully this will turn up one day in mint qual, peringaten i will have a look for that other lau kar footage.

qrVJ1WKa6PM

Fang Shih-yu
here you go...hopefully this will turn up one day in mint qual...
Marvelous footage, at any rate! Nice to see Fu Sheng, Kara Hui, Gordon Liu and Lau Kar Leung in action!:bigsmile: Thanks for putting this up!:yociexpress01:

Thank you @rdenn & @peringaten for reviving this!

Great display of traditional KF routines as opposed to modern fluffy wushu. Loved how Lau Kar Fai aka Gordon Liu walked out with the thrusting of his weapon after completing his tiger fork form!

Loved LKL's comp of mantis,monkey, & hung kuen at the end.

Was that Lau Kar Yung performing the kwan dao at the end?

Thanks again guys! This brought back some memories. I've got to save this!

here you go , adam cheng had been cut out of this footage hopefully this will turn up one day in mint qual, peringaten i will have a look for that other lau kar footage.

qrVJ1WKa6PM

What a treasure. So great to see so many great stars. FU SHENG is in there with them, he, Hsiao Ho and Gordon Liu got to display twice!!!! And Cheung Chin Pang. Thank you soooo much for sharing this. aaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee!

This photo must have been taken at that time, he's wearing that cool t-shirt!

post-1078-144191888203_thumb.jpg

:yociexpress06:

What a treasure. So great to see so many great stars. FU SHENG is in there with them, he, Hsiao Ho and Gordon Liu got to display twice!!!! And Cheung Chin Pang. Thank you soooo much for sharing this. aaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee!

This photo must have been taken at that time, he's wearing that cool t-shirt!

I thought that was Yuen Tak, not Hsiao Hao, that performed twice. Awesome awesome footage

I thought that was Yuen Tak, not Hsiao Hao, that performed twice. Awesome awesome footage

I could be wrong for sure!:khi1b:

Those t-shirts are hand-written by LKL to denote his martials, if you look at start of Drunken Monkey -

- they're wearing them; my Si Fu learns from Lau family & has one. That pic of Fu Sheng could be from any time not necessarily that filming.

Order is:

Lau Kar Wing - rope dart

Hsiao Hou - axe

Yuen Tak - double knives

Fu Sheng - monk's spade

Lau Kar Fei - tiger fork

Adam Cheng - cut out!

Robert Mak - spear

Yuen Tak - double hammers

Kara - straight sword

Lau Kar Fei - snake spear

Yuen Tak - baton

Cheung Chin Pang - pole

Fu Sheng - double hook blades

Ching Chu - chain whip

Hsiao Hou - shield/blade

Yang Jing Jing - double blades

Lau Kar Wing - kwan do

Lau Kar Leung - badassary.

Thank you for all that super information, Peringaten -("Lau Kar Leung - badassery" - awesome, heheheheeee).

Lau Kar Wing! Awesome!

I get so excited when I see something like this that I never even knew existed.

Great footage, thanks so much for posting it.

That is a marvel. A treasure. A jewel. Lau Kar Leung is a genious. I was very happy watching Alex in this footage and of course Chan Peng and the other great martial artists... Thanks for keep this footage, for share it with us. I have not words, I feel very touched.

Thanks.

Alexandra

Thanks for the list peringaten! I wonder what routine Adam Cheng did in the video. He's an amazing martial artist in his own right!

Fang Shih-yu
some more lau kar leung
More arresting footage! The other clips that can be accessed from this one are equally great, including the one with Lau Kar Leung, Lau Kar Wing and Gordon Liu! I swear, no one has the grace and speed of LKL! The best of his students come only so close to his level!:bigsmile:

Archived