Revenge of the Drunken Master (1982)

AlbertV

Hey guys,

I scoured through my vintage VHS kung fu collection and Sunday morning, got to watch this Asso Asia Films flick. It looks to be one of those Korean films that Godfrey Ho got credited as director. While they correctly credited Eagle Han (who played bounty hunter Silver Cop) and Bruce Cheung (who played the villain), the one name that strikes me the most is the star of the film, Johnny Chan.

He kind of looks like Jackie Chan with a chubbier face. Does anyone have any more information on this guy? He looks to be a pretty good martial artist. It is just relaly bugging the heck out of me LOL

Overall, I liked the movie. The late Eagle Han does a tremendous job with his kicking notably against a group of samurai hired by some old pervert who is pissed that his "girl-slave" is in love with Han and constantly follows him. The ending is a bit weird, kind of has shades of Dreadnaught and some weird move that looks like it could come out of a supernatural kung fu film.

Plus love the UK box art...has a drawing of Billy Chong from one of his flicks.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJ2JZmKcAfw-0xYBgdcVT7MdGpq2ir9p80uHR5QqpT64n5GHs&t=1&usg=__oY9wvTfANFqcLPLCQp_Oa_rsIbw=

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also like this movie very much, i`m glad that someone share my opinion, Eagle is badass in this film like in many other i really like his stile and kicking. I was also wondering what the hell happened to Johnny Chan, i like his way of fighting, only thing that i know about him is that he also starred in movie Golden Dragon, Silver Snake along side Dragon Lee, after that he just desapired. I hope i helped you, if anyone know any more info about Johnny i would also like to hear it.

Chan does a bit of drunken style in the opening of the film, where he takes on the Blood Ninjas. However, it is mostly regular kung fu and taekwondo kicking mixed with some acupuncture like thing because Chan's character, named The Drunken Kid, is a novice acupuncturist.

Archived