Research - Ong Bak 3 Bootlegs get it all wrong. Stop the piracy and save your $$ now

VenomsFan

The bootleggers are making a killing. Yes, even the malay release.

Some cheap fan sub job was made over last weekend. The translation is not even close. It hurt not only the true experience of the film (the timing is off, words not even closely translated) it completely KILLS the story and plot elements. This is the eng sub put on the DVDs you are paying money for!

Some examples from my research:

1. They literally typed anything in the subtitle program. Check out my comparison. the smaller is stills from the online boot (that you guys are paying money for). They got the Crow villian saying "Luck is on my side", when in the eng sub trailer he says "There is no one who can stop me"

Your $14 boot's translation that was just downloaded from the internet ahh dat bastards

ob3-boot2.jpg

Actual

ob3-actual2.jpg

2. The show stopper of the year. The scene in the temple "Tien's Revelation" the subbers put some messed up translations by "guessing" what was said by looking at the picture. When in actuality it is a scene of flashback dialogue from Ong Bak 2! Including Chernang's dialogue and unseen footage/dialogue of a young Tien with the monk.

Your $14 boot's translation that was just downloaded from the internet ahh dat bastards

ob3-boot.jpg

Actual Referening KEY Chernang Dialogue crucial to the film's plot point.

ob3-actual.jpg

The comparison's are endless. As mentioned earlier, don't by the boots. The only known release is the Thai un-subbed Region 3. I have created DEFINITIVE ENGLISH SUBTITLES - with some extra goodies HERE for anyone interested.

Cheers.

Yes I know, had to go Fansite on them taking it back to the old VenomsFilms Ground Zero vs. German Release projects of yesteryear.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

I despise when someone throws out lackluster subs that haven't been translated properly. I have a downloaded copy of "Ong Bak 3" but have yet to watch it. Now I feel I'll be missing a lot.

Honestly if these Countries realize that we over here in the US love these movies and put out a legit release right away it would cut down on the piracy altogether. But when you have to wait almost a Year sometimes to see a movie that everyone is talking about then I can see where piracy becomes really big.

• Administrator

So... even a copy- thought to be an official release- bought from Sensasian.com is going to be bootleg bullshit?! I thought they were legit releases only? :ooh:

So... even a copy- thought to be an official release- bought from Sensasian.com is going to be bootleg bullshit?! I thought they were legit releases only? :ooh:

Sadly no. Sensasian sell a lot of bootlegs, including whole anime series. You can easily spot them, they usually put a whole 26 episode series on 3 discs in a gatefold pack. It's in malaysia & singapore that most boots are manufactured.

The bootleggers are making a killing. Yes, even the malay release.

Some cheap fan sub job was made over last weekend. The translation is not even close. It hurt not only the true experience of the film (the timing is off, words not even closely translated) it completely KILLS the story and plot elements. This is the eng sub put on the DVDs you are paying money for!

Some examples from my research:

1. They literally typed anything in the subtitle program. Check out my comparison. the smaller is stills from the online boot (that you guys are paying money for). They got the Crow villian saying "Luck is on my side", when in the eng sub trailer he says "There is no one who can stop me"

ob3-boot2.jpg

Actual

ob3-actual2.jpg

2. The show stopper of the year. The scene in the temple "Tien's Revelation" the subbers put some messed up translations by "guessing" what was said by looking at the picture. When in actuality it is a scene of flashback dialogue from Ong Bak 2! Including Chernang's dialogue and unseen footage/dialogue of a young Tien with the monk.

ob3-boot.jpg

Actual Referening KEY Chernang Dialogue crucial to the film's plot point.

ob3-actual.jpg

The comparison's are endless. As mentioned earlier, don't by the boots. The only known release is the Thai un-subbed Region 3. I have created DEFINITIVE ENGLISH SUBTITLES - with some extra goodies HERE for anyone interested.

Cheers.

Yes I know, had to go Fansite on them taking it back to the old VenomsFilms Ground Zero vs. German Release projects of yesteryear.

The sad thing is now bootleggers will steal those subs and use them.. but thank you very much for doing this for us.:bigsmile:

I completely agree us fans shouldn't buy these bootlegs taking money away from the real producers and future productions.

• Administrator

I'm really bummed about Sensasian selling me (and Gorhama) bootlegs. :squigglemouth: I purposely bought from them instead of an eBay bootlegger, and what do I get? Twice as expensive, three times the wait for shipping, and the same fucking DVD I would have got from the bootleggers. :neutral: Thanks for nothing Sensasian! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

I'm really bummed about Sensasian selling me (and Gorhama) bootlegs. I purposely bought from them instead of an eBay bootlegger, and what do I get? Twice as expensive, three times the wait for shipping, and the same fucking DVD I would have got from the bootleggers. Thanks for nothing Sensasian!

See that's my point! You think a company is legit when they sell overseas DVDs and you end up with the same DVD you coulda got off eBay!

Archived