Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

Now I'm not really sure how many of you are Harry Potter fans but I really enjoy the movies so far and this one is no exception, it is by far the darkest of all the movies made to this point. Harry still has that inner demon that he must fight, and he feels at times like he is all alone, I like how you see all the characters grow up as each movie is made and how they are becoming very strong young Wizards, you can tell that in the near future Harry will have a final battle with Lord Voldemort and only one will be victorious. Harry Potter makes you feel like a Kid again maybe that is why it is so entertaining to all of us.

Plot Summary: In "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," Harry returns for his fifth year of study at Hogwarts and discovers that much of the wizarding community has been denied the truth about the teenager's recent encounter with the evil Lord Voldemort. Fearing that Hogwarts' venerable Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, is lying about Voldemort's return in order to undermine his power and take his job, the Minister for Magic, Cornelius Fudge, appoints a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher to keep watch over Dumbledore and the Hogwarts students. But Professor Dolores Umbridge's Ministry-approved course of defensive magic leaves the young wizards woefully unprepared to defend themselves against the dark forces threatening them and the entire wizarding community, so at the prompting of his friends Hermione and Ron, Harry takes matters into his own hands. Meeting secretly with a small group of students who name themselves "Dumbledore's Army," Harry teaches them how to defend themselves against the Dark Arts, preparing the courageous young wizards for the extraordinary battle that lies ahead.

phoenixos.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest morgoth

:rollin

Sorry to laugh Daisho, I will make this my only post on this thread. Hopefully the Harry Potter movies got better after the first one, cause I didn't even make it half way through the first movie.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

All the films are extremely good, and I have taken my family to see them all in the theatre. Last one we saw in the I-Max, and will probably see Order Of The Phoenix this weekend. Great films you can take everybody in the family to and all enjoy.

Hopefully the Harry Potter movies got better after the first one, cause I didn't even make it half way through the first movie.

First time Ive heard that from anyone.

Guest morgoth

Alright, I guess I will do one more post here. The movie was semi-enjoyable, but then they play this flying around game that seems like it has a lot to it, and then a special ball comes out and all of a sudden whoever gets this ball wins the game. WTF is up with that? Did the writer of the books just run out of ideas?

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I have no special love for this series, though I do find them entertaining, and I will be going to see this flick in I MAX.

but then they play this flying around game that seems like it has a lot to it, and then a special ball comes out and all of a sudden whoever gets this ball wins the game. WTF is up with that? Did the writer of the books just run out of ideas?

morgoth, you missed the premise of that scene. There's either a second ball sent by someone out to get Potter or it's just taken control of by said villians (I've seen the film once a few years ago but that scene is defintely simple enough for a child to understand, hence a children's movie). It's a magical world where spells and what not are everday happenstance.

It's understandable though, when someone already has some sort of dislike towards the concept of any given film, they're just not gonna either pay attention to it or get it.

Alright, I guess I will do one more post here.

Somehow, I doubt it. (Bob's discount furniture voice) :P

Guest morgoth

Human Lanterns, so am i wrong? I didn't really get your post. Whoever has this special ball wins, right? As far as I could see, there is no point to the rest of the game, just the end of it.

Guest jirpy100

Have to agree, I only watched the first 30 minutes of the first film, then I almost died. My one co-worker is obsessed with the Harry range of books & films though...

Guest morgoth

Alright, Human Lanterns, this may be my last post on this thread:p

I am sure the movies are not horrible, but I had to turn it off after they finished that game. It just seemd like it was a sloppy shortcut the way they finish it.

I really didn't like the first movie(and couldn't finish it), the director of the first movie was trying to get the Lord of the Rings, thank god he didn't get it!

My friend made me watch the one with Gary Oldman(3rd or 4th one?), and to my surprise I quite enjoyed it, I think as the kids grow up these films move from being kid movies to young adult, and Potter's getting it on with a hot little Asian girl now:lol You go man!

Guest Daisho2004

Well that is the thing with H.P. he is getting older as the movies go along so the stories are getting a more darker tone which is really geared towards Teens and Adults now. There leaving all the cute magic tricks for really dark and violent spells that could kill you now. I've enjoyed this series since day one and they just get better all the time and considering that this is the 5th. movie that really says a lot.

Guest morgoth

I saw a TV review of the new movie and it sums it up like you did Daisho. I will have to try and watch all the movies some day. I have seen LOTR about 150 times, so I really want to see some wizards and stuff again.

Guest sammofan

I never liked Harry Potter. I just find it all rather twee and gay (boarding school for wizards!)

I agree with morgoth. Quidditch is a stupid game. A game of football on broomsticks thats totally pointless cos all you have to do is win the side game of chasing after the little speedy thing.

The thing I find funny is that whenever a new film come out all the critics says it's alot better than the last one. Hopefully I might actually like the 10th one or whatever as its bound to be alot better than the previous ones.

Guest Stuntman Jules

My honest opinion on the Potter flicks:

PRISONER OF AZKABAN is great, a masterpiece.

ORDER OF THE PHOENIX is really good and very entertaining.

SORCERER'S STONE and CHAMBER OF SECRETS are pretty bad and bland.

GOBLET OF FIRE is just plain terrible. A real chopped up mess of a great book.

So yeah, I really liked ORDER OF THE PHOENIX. That and Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) is the cutest piece of underage jailbait ever.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Just saw The Oder (I mean order) Of The Pheonix, actually this was an adult oriented film and the film was highly entertaining. Though there are some major pitfalls in the plot. I'm told that's the directors fault for poor condensing of the storyline. The 3D version in Imax was pretty cool I must say.

Archived