Shaw Brothers Us r1 dvd commentaries

Battousai

Im aware of the late linn haynes involvement in the heroes two disc but are there any other dvds with commentaries from the various studio's? im asuming that the DD discs have them.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fang Shih-yu

First, the other Shaw reissue by Media Blasters featuring a commentary track is The Brave Archer, done by critic Brian Camp. The last Dragon Dynasty Shaw to have it is The Five Deadly Venoms, and with Bey Logan's return, there's a chance the up-coming Eight Diagram Pole Fighter might include Bey!:bigsmile: Image DVDs of Shaws have no commentaries, but a few have booklets included. (The Water Margin and Black Magic have these, the latter one with notes by Linn Haynes.) Shaw reissues by Well Go USA and Funimation have none at all!:tongue: Hope this helps!:wink:

First, the other Shaw reissue by Media Blasters featuring a commentary track is The Brave Archer, done by critic Brian Camp. The last Dragon Dynasty Shaw to have it is The Five Deadly Venoms, and with Bey Logan's return, there's a chance the up-coming Eight Diagram Pole Fighter might include Bey!:bigsmile: Image DVDs of Shaws have no commentaries, but a few have booklets included. (The Water Margin and Black Magic have these, the latter one with notes by Linn Haynes.) Shaw reissues by Well Go USA and Funimation have none at all!:tongue: Hope this helps!:wink:

That indeed helps me no end, thank you very much :)

masterofoneinchpunch

Here is all of them I believe:

Heroes Two (TS1): Linn Haynes

The Brave Archer (TS5): Brian Camp

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (DD11): RZA of Wu-Tang Clan and film critic Andy Klein

King Boxer (DD12): Quentin Taratino and film scholars David Chute and Elvis Mitchell

The One-Armed Swordsman (DD13): film scholars David Chute and Andy Klein. Notes

My Young Auntie (DD14): film critics Andy Klein and Elvis Mitchell

Come Drink With Me (DD27): Cheng Pei Pei and Bey Logan. Notes

Heroes Of The East (DD28): Bey Logan

The 5 Deadly Venoms (DD38): Bey Logan

Archived