Power Rangers: Samurai (2011)

AlbertV

This is only a temporary title, but many fans now know that the next Power Rangers series, which Haim Saban is producing himself after re-acquiring the Power Rangers from Disney (see http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10913&highlight=haim+saban), will adapt the 2009 Super Sentai series SAMURAI SENTAI SHINKENGER.

As of last week, the cast of the new series, tentatively titled either POWER RANGERS SAMURAI and POWER RANGER 2011, has been officially announced:

Official Cast, all newcomers:

Alex Heartman as Reese, the Red Samurai Ranger

Najee-De-Tiege as Baron, the Blue Samurai Ranger

Hector David Jr. as Parry, the Green Samurai Ranger

Brittany Pirtle as Ava, the Yellow Samurai Ranger

Erika Fong as Sadie, the Pink Samurai Ranger

Steven Skyler as Wesley, the Gold Samurai Ranger

Here's a pic of the new cast, courtesy of RangerBoard

PR2010i.jpg

Even more big news. Unlike the Disney Power Rangers series, which lasted about 20-30 episodes, POWER RANGERS 2011/SAMURAI will have a season of 40 episodes! Aside from Haim Saban, Tony Oliver, who wrote many of the original Power Rangers episodes and provided some voiceovers, will return to write episodes for the series.

Saban is even going as far at attempting to do what Toei did with Shinkenger and come out with a theatrical release down the road for the new Rangers.

Meanwhile, this fall, NickToons will air all 18 seasons of Power Rangers from Monday-Fridays and come weekends this spring, POWER RANGERS 2011 will air. Saturday, August 7, marked the final live performance of the Power Rangers at Walt Disney World in Orlando.

Shooting for POWER RANGERS 2011 to begin in Auckland, New Zealand, very shortly.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really glad I got a few shots with my kids and the POWER RANGERS on our trip to Orlando last year. Thanks for the updates.

There have been so many different Power Rangers TV shows with different names its hard to remember which ones were the best!

Here is the complete Power Rangers anthology:

1st Saban Era

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Zyuranger/Dairanger/Kakuranger) - 1993-1996

Mighty Morphin' Alien Rangers (Kakuranger) - 1996

Power Rangers Zeo (Ohranger) - 1996-1997

Power Rangers Turbo (Carranger) - 1997-1998

Power Rangers in Space (Megaranger) - 1998-1999

Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy (Gingaman) - 1999-2000

Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue (GoGo V) - 2000-2001

Power Rangers: Time Force (Timeranger) - 2001-2002

Power Rangers: Wild Force (Gaoranger) - 2002-2003

Disney Era

Power Rangers: Ninja Storm (Hurricanger) - 2003-2004

Power Rangers: Dino Thunder (Abaranger) - 2004-2005

Power Rangers: SPD (Dekaranger) - 2005-2006

Power Rangers: Mystic Force (Magiranger) - 2006-2007

Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive (Bokenger) 2007-2008

Power Rangers: Jungle Fury (Gekiranger) - 2008-2009

Power Rangers: RPM (Go-Onger) - 2009-2010

2nd Saban Era

Power Rangers: Samurai/2011 (Shinkenger) - 2011-2012

It is official: According to Saban's redesigned Power Rangers website, the new series is called POWER RANGERS SAMURAI.

According to Saban's Official Power Rangers Site, the names of the characters have changed:

"A new generation of Power Rangers must master the mystical and ancient Samurai Symbols of Power which give them control over the elements of Fire, Water, Sky, Forest, and Earth. Under the guidance of their all-knowing mentor and the aid of their devoted animal Zords, they battle the dark forces of the Netherworld and a mysterious Warrior bent on destruction."

Red Ranger is now Jayden (Alex Heartman)

Yellow Ranger is now Emily (Brittany Pirtle)

Blue Ranger is now Kevin (Najee-De-Tiege)

Green Ranger is now Mike (Hector David Jr.)

Pink Ranger is now Mia (Erika Fong)

Poster for POWER RANGERS SAMURAI

power-rangers-samurai-1.jpg

Find it weird in terms of the Blue Ranger, because he uses a bow and arrow in Shinkenger. Well, still looks cool.

For those who missed the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the new Power Rangers appeared in NYC today!!!!!

I saw'em. When is the show supposed to start? Will it be syndicated or on a network?

The show will premiere this Spring on Nickelodeon. From what I understand, they will air the show on Saturdays.

For those who missed the Thanksgiving Parade

BLq-SKFKnBg

First official teaser for the series:

tSgGpde0uMs

Looks like instead of the "Shodophone", they are gonna use the Origami to become the Power Rangers...but IDK

DeathFuMaster

Been seeing the trailers on TV! I'm really looking forward to it, although I must admit it looks a little childish. I'm glad that Saban is back behind it though.

I mean come on you couldn't get better writers with the dialog? And the Actors well, from the previews they look weak! I would've got some Kids from Disney or Nickelodeon. I mean this is 2011!

Guest Yi-Long
I mean come on you couldn't get better writers with the dialog? And the Actors well, from the previews they look weak! I would've got some Kids from Disney or Nickelodeon. I mean this is 2011!

Well... as long as the studios keep thinking all kids are complete morons, which they've been thinking for years, they'll keep churning out this kind of poorly written crap. Sadly.

Opening sequence...premiered Monday night and new episodes will be on Sundays at Noon on Nickelodeon...and yes...Bulk himself returns for the new series.

Why do I have the feeling "Spike" is later going to become the 6th Ranger, the Gold Samurai Ranger? He is dressed exactly like Genma, the original ShinkenGold.

aUKQWZeJtC0

Funny you mentioned that because when Disney took over the PR series, they actually had casted some of their stars from their made for TV movies.

WENDY WU: HOMECOMING WARRIOR's Sally Martin and Anna Hutchison played the female Power Rangers on respectively, NINJA STORM and JUNGLE FURY.

JOHNNY KAPAHALA: BACK ON BOARD's Rose McIver played the Yellow Ranger on Disney's final PR series, RPM.

YOU WISH!'s Ari Boyland played the Blue Ranger on RPM.

So in some way, Disney did pull it off....as for the Nick series and Saban running the show again, maybe he feels there should be some brand new blood.

Okay, I saw the first episode yesterday on demand. I am very excited because unlike the other series, this is truly one of the most faithful adaptations of a Super Sentai Series. They even credited the Japanese writers in the credits.

Episode 1, "The Team Unites", was adapted from Episode 3 of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.

Here are the notable differences between PR Samurai and Shinkenger:

-In PR Samurai, Red Ranger Jayden is truly a man of teamwork from the very beginning where Shinkenger's Red Ranger Takeru seems more distant to begin with before eventually warming up to the others.

-Added scenes with the returning Eugene "Bulk" Bulkmeyer attempting to train his nephew Spike in martial arts.

-When the Rangers on PR Samurai call for their Zords, they are given new battle style armor.

Other than that, the stories are more faithful to the original show so far and it is a diverse cast as well so it helps.

I'll keep watching it.

Have to update this thread to announce some more casting:

Rick Medina joined the cast as Deker, a half-Samurai warrior, half-Nighlok who is based off of the character of Fuzou on Shinkenger. Medina is a PR veteran, playing Red Ranger Cole on POWER RANGERS WILD FORCE. He looks the same except he now sports a goatee.

I have to agree with Marc on this one! The Gold Samurai Ranger made his debut last week but what was so annoying was that Antonio (the new Ranger) kept referencing "gold" in his lines. It got quite annoying. What was great though was that Isaac Florentine is now serving as a consultant on the series!!!

February 18, 2012 at 12 noon will mark the premiere of POWER RANGERS: SUPER SAMURAI, season 2 of Power Rangers Samurai.

PRSS-poster.jpg

The series will adapt the 2nd half of the SHINKENGER series with newcomer Kimberley Crossman eventually joining the cast as Jayden's sister, who harbors a dark secret involving her brother. Also, Jason Narvy is returning to guest on 1 episode as Skull.

Archived