Help me remember a film title?

TheDenizen

trying to help out a guy I know on another forum, here's the description he gave:

"it's an old-school (1973-84) Hong Kong kung fu that takes place in the modern day.

The main character is an amazing kicker (but it's not Hwang Jang Lee) who is framed for a murder he didn't commit. The whole time, he is attacked by various gangs as he seeks to prove his innocence and uncover the real culprit. I also recall he has a girlfriend of some sort that helps hide/protect him at one point."

I know that's a bit vague but I figure someone here will probably know....modern day/triad stuff from that era is one of the few kung fu subgenres I don't know a ton about.

Thanks in advance for any help. :bigsmile:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"it's an old-school (1973-84) Hong Kong kung fu that takes place in the modern day.

The main character is an amazing kicker (but it's not Hwang Jang Lee) who is framed for a murder he didn't commit. The whole time, he is attacked by various gangs as he seeks to prove his innocence and uncover the real culprit. I also recall he has a girlfriend of some sort that helps hide/protect him at one point."

The plot reminds me Meng Fei's Young Tiger, altough he's not an amazing kicker.

it's neither one of those films, but thanks for the input guys.

If it's any help, he watched the movie on Netflix, so it shouldn't be anything too obscure.:tongue:

I'm the guy who posted asking about this film.

One other piece of information I remember is that the protagonist often wore a cap, similar to the one Charlie Bronson had in some of his pictures.

I'm the guy who posted asking about this film.

One other piece of information I remember is that the protagonist often wore a cap, similar to the one Charlie Bronson had in some of his pictures.

Meng Fei wears a cap in Young Tiger. Probably that's the movie you're looking for.

Meng Fei wears a cap in Young Tiger. Probably that's the movie you're looking for.

Yeah, you might be correct, then.

Thanks a lot, dude.

If it's any help, he watched the movie on Netflix, so it shouldn't be anything too obscure.:tongue:

Young Tiger is on Netflix Instant Watch, so that fits too...

Archived