Invasion Of Astro Monster 1965

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I just picked this film up yesterday and upon viewing it last night was very pleased. There's really not a lot of action, though there are some very cool destruction scenes, the miniture sets in this film are great. Also, the remastering of the picture and audio is fantastic. I like this original title even though Godzilla vs Monster Zero is a cool title as well. I put off watchin these films for so long for these very releases and I was so entertained upon viewing Invasion Of Astro Monster that I picked up Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster for tonight.

Now if they'd only step up with releasing Rodan, Yog Monster From Space, and Mothra, in this series of remasters I'd purchase them instantly. I'm pretty sure I'll be scoopin up, Godzilla vs Mothra, and Godzilla vs The Sea Monster, by months end maybe even Godzilla Raids Again. In fact I have to get Gojiro pretty soon as well.

Any fan of the Monster Zero is missing out if they haven't picked this up yet.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Stuntman Jules

Yeah, MONSTER ZERO is my personal favorite Godzilla sequel. It's so crazy and wonderful. I love the Planet X uniforms and yeah, the destruction scenes are great. It's really probably Eiji Tsuburaya's finest FX job and Nick Adams is so wonderfully over the top in the film.

YOG is out on DVD in pretty nice quality, from Media Blasters, btw.

Guest Megaloman

MONSTER ZERO is the original US title of the movie, and one of the coolest titles ever. it's a great movie.

RODAN is supposed to be released next year, and the YOG disc is good, though missing the superior AIP dub from Titra Studios it got over here in the States.

David

Secret Executioner

Gotta love that part of the movie:

Godzilla_Dancing.gif

(out of this, and on a more serious note, it's a really enjoyable movie with 3 of the greatest Toho monsters)

Since some were mentionning Rodan The Flying Monster, I was wondering which release was the best. The one that could be found in the 5-DVD set called The Ultimate Godzilla Collection (with Godzilla, King Of Monsters, Godzilla vs Mothra, Godzilla's Revenge and Terror Of Mechagodzilla) - though the films are also available separately -

51EHMW5F11L._SY445_.jpg

or the one that comes in a double feature set with War Of The Gargantuas ?

611D7nKdoJL._SX342_.jpg

Secret Executioner

Yeah, that one sounds like an obvious better choice - unless it can't be found or if the other one is much cheaper (which doesn't seem to be the case, from what I've seen).

Archived