Likely SB DVD Cancellations - Iron Bodyguard & Mighty Peking Man

Shaolin Patriot

I just spoke to the folks at Well Go USA, and unfortunately Mighty Peking Man has been cancelled/put on hold. This is the ONLY Well go release to be cancelled - Everything else on pre-order will be coming out & and they have plans to put out MANY more Shaw films. Mighty Peking Man fell victim to some contractual stuff and that's why it's not coming out. Like I said, all other Well Go DVDs are slated to come out as planned. Hopefully, they'll add some audio comentaries and stuff to the upcoming discs. If people have suggestions for improvements, drop me a line & I'll pass them along.

- I think Iron Bodyguard might have just been delayed.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fang Shih-yu
Mighty Peking Man fell victim to some contractual stuff and that's why it's not coming out. Like I said, all other Well Go DVDs are slated to come out as planned....I think Iron Bodyguard might have just been delayed.
It's reassuring to know it's not all bad at Well Go USA, though MPM may have been lost in the process!:sad: I'm also hoping IB is experiencing a delay like the other Shaw reissues by MB/TS of recent! As it goes, they're worth the wait!:bigsmile:

DAJIZZARIZZA

mannn !!! I love you guys ,.. keep up the great work,.. i don't understand this blah blah about bootlegs i'm reading here .

your a company , i'm sure your careful cause it means your business.

so again,.. your site rocks ,.. i order from you here and there ,.. people always talk like they know everything ,.. keep doing what you do. if it were not for you guys ,.. i would not have so many Shaw Bros. films ,..

thanks again.

Hiya guys,

We update our site daily and you can be assured that the information we post is the latest and most accurate available from the studios and distributors.

We're not perfect....but I'm confident we are a heck of a lot more accurate than the A site. 99.99% of the time.

And just so you know we tell the studios/distributors about what is being written here and on other forums--it helps that there are so many passionate fans on KungFuCinema.

Michael Scott

While the HK Flix site is great, the blatent selling of bootlegs is awful, which is why i never buy from them. As has been stated, especially in the USA by supporting these bootleg companies its stopping legitimate releases geting made.

There are better and worse companies than HK Flix. Yeah it kind of sucks they sell bootlegs. Even Xploited, the paragon of DVD mailorder in many /most people's eyes, they sell/sold bootlegs (or as we polite people like to call them 'grey market editions') :kiss: too. I have only ever ordered from Flix when they were having a sale but I always walked away pleased. Quite frankly it seems to me heavy bootlegging always has been and always will be a part of the kung fu scene. (as society moves away from physical media who knows)

It's confirmed - Iron Bodyguard has been delayed indefinitely. Hopefully, a new date will be announced in the next few weeks.

Archived