Forbidden Kingdom Opening Credits

Votan

Hey guys,

I have been reading some trivia on this movie, most of it stuff anyone particularly versed in Shaw Brothers movies would recognize, and came across a few claims that in the opening credits it shows the Venoms Mob.

I've looked through the credits a few times, and I see Bruce Lee, Lau Kar Leung, Gordon Liu, Ti Lung, Cheng Pei-Pei, Chen Kuan Tei, and a few others I can't really place. However, I did not see any of the Venoms mob in there. Are the claims that they are present in the opening mistaken, or am I blind? If you see the Venoms in the credits, could you give me a timestamp on the dvd or describe where you can see them? Thanks for any help you can give, I appreciate it.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noelle Shadow Kick

This is something I want to know too. I recognize certain people in the opening as well, but there are many I do not. I would love to know who the people are in the opening credits, and if the venoms are there or not. If someone could help that would be great!

I think I remember from the commentary that the opening was a kind of spur-of-the-moment idea from the graphics guys, and that they pulled it together pretty quickly. Thus, who is or isn't shown might have more to do with what images they could find easily, rather than some sort of attempt to show each and every screen icon-level actor.

Has anyone ever done a full list of who's shown, perhaps with the titles the poses are from?

Nobody here can find the Venoms or name all the Shaw actors in the opening? I thought it would be no sweat for some of the knowledgable experts around here.

I just watched it again, the venoms arent there. Wang Yu, Hsiao Hou, Fu Sheng, Kara Hui Yueh Hua and Wong Yue are a few names you missed.

wudangimmortal

could anyone help identify the posters shown? or which posters the art shots were taken from? id like to get some for my wall. thanks in advanced!!

Come Drink with Me

Mad Monkey Kung Fu

The Monkey Goes West

Legendary Weapons of China

The Flying Guillotine

One Armed Swordsman

36th Chamber of Shaolin

The Bruce Lee pics looks like various posters of just Lee

I kind of halfass watched this last night while cooking dinner, beyond the opening credits(I think I saw LKL in there,) this was one of the worst pieces of crap I ever seen, and I went into it with zero expectations.

Is anyone else getting tired of seeing the wire-cgi twisting/rolling(whatever you want to call it) flying sword attack, it's got to be the most overused maneuver in the last 20 years!

Guest WuxiaFan
I kind of halfass watched this last night while cooking dinner, beyond the opening credits(I think I saw LKL in there,) this was one of the worst pieces of crap I ever seen, and I went into it with zero expectations.

Is anyone else getting tired of seeing the wire-cgi twisting/rolling(whatever you want to call it) flying sword attack, it's got to be the most overused maneuver in the last 20 years!

Completely agree with you on all accounts, Tosh!

:khi7m:

Archived