Welcome All/Question...

Mai Chi

Greetings! After many years of watching from the sidelines, I've decided to log on. First off, thanks for the wealth of information I've receieved from here over the years. Second, I have a "what if" question. Regarding the SB Bad Ass Thread, I've always wondered, what if Johnny Wang was the Scorpion in 5 Deadly Venoms? I thought about since the first time Wei Pai said "might even be that judge who tortured you." Would've been interesting...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like this film ended prematurely, The final fight should of been against the judge, he was true evil not any of the venoms per se.

I feel like this film ended prematurely, The final fight should of been against the judge, he was true evil not any of the venoms per se.

I also came away thinking that they could have been more thoro with the vemons film.. It felt like they said "Oops we hit time mark, lets wrap this baby up".. or maybe it's just that when your watching a good movie it's always too soon when it ends..

I also came away thinking that they could have been more thoro with the vemons film.. It felt like they said "Oops we hit time mark, lets wrap this baby up".. or maybe it's just that when your watching a good movie it's always too soon when it ends..
I think that's exactly what happened, they hit a time wrap and called it a day, otherwise why leave such a big plot point unresolved? Why hire Wang Lung Wei in a non combat role? Anyone could of played a non combative judge.

If Dragon Dynasty had actually decided to use the Johnny Wang Lung-wai interview that I shot...that talked about Five Deadly Venoms amongst numerous other films...then you'd have got to hear his discussion about the film, and how he felt he was being punished by Chang Cheh by not being allowed to fight...

Sadly despite using snippets of interviews previously, so much stuff that was shot including numerous interviews for Five Deadly Venoms feedback by Philip Kwok, lo Meng, Leung Ting, Wang Lung-wai and others resides in their vault with no real word as to why they havent used them

Crazy....sounds like deja-vou, same as the great stuff you did for HK Legends not being used, will we ever get to see that Wong Jang Lee interview?...

Who knows...

The Philip Kwok interview on the Hardboiled DVD is from the same session we did where we covered his other work includin the Shaws movies, so its not as if the interview wasnt usable....

The Hwang Jan-lee interview is i think long gone, i had to send the tapes to HKL from Korea as it was needed so urgently and then they did nothing with it, the special editions of Snake & Drunken Master were never made....despite repeated requests i was never even given dupes of the interview...then Soulblade supposedly had licensed it for their Secret Rivals releases...and then the interview seemed to vanish.....

Morgoth Bauglir
Who knows...

The Philip Kwok interview on the Hardboiled DVD is from the same session we did where we covered his other work includin the Shaws movies, so its not as if the interview wasnt usable....

The Hwang Jan-lee interview is i think long gone, i had to send the tapes to HKL from Korea as it was needed so urgently and then they did nothing with it, the special editions of Snake & Drunken Master were never made....despite repeated requests i was never even given dupes of the interview...then Soulblade supposedly had licensed it for their Secret Rivals releases...and then the interview seemed to vanish.....

The HJL interview would have been so easy to use on so many DVD releases, yet it didn't happen. That sucks real bad if they lost the tapes.

3a38543fb33c.gif

Damn, sorry to hear Mike. I would have loved to see what they all had to say about their respective films.

kungfusamurai

It would have been nice watching Wang Lung Wei unleash his fists of fury, but it wasn't meant to be. So I just accept the film for what it is: a crime mystery with a few fight scenes.

KFS

Archived