What's This Movie and other eThaiCD Titles

kungfusamurai

kungfusamurai

This looks like a mainland chinese flick, but I can't figure out the name of it. The actor on the cover looks familiar

http://ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=45830

I also noticed when browsing their titles, they also had Shaolin Vs Lama and Disciples of The Shaolin Temple to name a few interesting titles. No indication of Eng subs, on Thai subs, but they do say they have chinese audio.

Has anyone bought any of those? I'm curious about the quality. I think Disciples is listed as 2.35:1, but Shaolin Vs Lama is 4:3.

KFS

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kungfusamurai

Thanks for the info guys, I will order it and the other movies I mentioned just to see what they're like.

KFS

thundered mantis

kung fu samurai, don´t order Shaolin vs Lama. I ordered that thai version just in case it would be letterbox, as the thais have surfaced some lbx prints before, and, not, it is the same cropped fullscreen version that is out there everywhere.

I still can´t believe we had the chance of getting that gem lbx and didn´t achieve! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

kung fu samurai, don´t order Shaolin vs Lama. I ordered that thai version just in case it would be letterbox, as the thais have surfaced some lbx prints before, and, not, it is the same cropped fullscreen version that is out there everywhere.

I still can´t believe we had the chance of getting that gem lbx and didn´t achieve! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

i just found on a chinese website (which doesnt sell outside china) the 35mm ,pity that it seems damaged (at least from the description) O_O

edit: found a complete set with also the script and booklets O_O it's very very expensive

kungfusamurai

Thanks for the heads up. I'll scratch Shaolin vs Lama off that list!

What about the VCD in the link below. The title is Shaolin Daboh, which I can't find any AKA for. It looks like a mainland film too. Anyone got any ideas what it is?

http://ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=4290

KFS

Thanks for the heads up. I'll scratch Shaolin vs Lama off that list!

What about the VCD in the link below. The title is Shaolin Daboh, which I can't find any AKA for. It looks like a mainland film too. Anyone got any ideas what it is?

http://ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=4290

KFS

it's dubbed so what the use of buying it?

kungfusamurai

Many of us collectors will get a movie no matter what language it's in, if it's the only way to get it. If I already have it, then I won't get it, but I don't know the film name.

KFS

kungfusamurai
that Shaolin Daboh is master of zen

Thanks for the ID. I see it's already available elsewhere, so I'll hold off on this one.

KFS

Archived