Chan Shen in a non Shaw Brothers movie?

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

I just watched He Has Nothing But Kung Fu, and noticed Chan Shen in the movie. Before seeing this I didn't think he had any roles outside of SB. Can anyone name anymore? Looking at hkmdb the only one I saw was Shaolin vs Wutang, but I've heard that is at least partly a SB movie.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Chan Shen's awesome. One of my favorite actors. Don't know of him strayin from Shaws though...

TibetanWhiteCrane

He Has Nothing But Kung Fu and Shaolin VS Wu Tang was the only ones outside of Shaws, I believe. And then a couple of early flicks before he joined SB. I always felt like he was in a lot of indies and so forth, but I guess I had him mixed up with someone else, or he just has one of those faces!

Guest ekisha

Chan Shen was a talented and underrated actor. Well at least he played better than most supporting stars. Does anyone know anything about him? About his life or the reason of his death?

Morgoth Bauglir
Chan Shen was a talented and underrated actor. Well at least he played better than most supporting stars. Does anyone know anything about him? About his life or the reason of his death?

I'm listening to the commentary on Disciples of the 36th Chamber and Bey Logan says he died from a brain hemorrhage. He also says that Shen was married to Shirley Yu. They had a big argument in the registry office during the wedding and she walked outside and tore up the marriage certificate.

Morgoth Bauglir
Maybe the indies weren't offering enough rapist roles to get him to stray?

You must be right. That's actually the role he plays in He Has Nothing But Kung Fu.

I'm listening to the commentary on Disciples of the 36th Chamber and Bey Logan says he died from a brain hemorrhage. He also says that Shen was married to Shirley Yu. They had a big argument in the registry office during the wedding and she walked outside and tore up the marriage certificate.

Another Hong Kong Kung Fu actor to die from brain complications???

:neutral:

thankyouforfu
I just watched He Has Nothing But Kung Fu, and noticed Chan Shen in the movie. Before seeing this I didn't think he had any roles outside of SB. Can anyone name anymore? Looking at hkmdb the only one I saw was Shaolin vs Wutang, but I've heard that is at least partly a SB movie.

Morgoth, what were Chan Shen's best films?

Morgoth Bauglir

I like him in Shaolin Intruders. He gets to play a good guy, but he still has that crazy look in his eyes.

Archived