WTF Moments (contains spoilers)

inframan

one armed boxer - lung fei actually had fangs as teeth i know he was good at karate but...:bigsmile:

writing kung fu - bolo and crew were chasing a father and daughter, father is ahead and his daughter falls, the father just looks back and keeps running..nice father.

hot cool vicous. why is tommy lee character called "the living pluto" walks with a limp but kicks perfecty and speaks with an echo,

miracle fighters/taoisam drunkard,exciting dragon etc... - nuff said.

it is this sort of random stuff makes me love these movies forever

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SunChien

• Iron Boat

• Morgoth Bauglir

• The Dragon

As strange as Battle Wizard is, its when the Gorilla comes busting through the wall I burst out laughing everytime, then Danny Lee rips his arm off:xd:

-How is it that the Scorpion could throw two darts in a crowded courtroom and no one saw who did it in 5 venoms?

-When Yuen Shun Yi and Chan Lung made San Kuai's hunchback go to his chest by smashing it with a hammer in Buddhist Fist,lol.

-That waiter in Mystery of Chess-Boxing, is it a man or a woman?

• Administrator
-How is it that the Scorpion could throw two darts in a crowded courtroom and no one saw who did it in 5 venoms?

Even more mysterious since each dart hits the Toad from opposing sides! :smile: So the Scorpion was on the west side of the room, managed to secretly throw the dart in a crowded room, then within seconds had made his way to the east side of the room where he managed to inconspicuously throw the second dart. :xd: He's just that good.

-When Yuen Shun Yi and Chan Lung made San Kuai's hunchback go to his chest by smashing it with a hammer in Buddhist Fist,lol.

-That waiter in Mystery of Chess-Boxing, is it a man or a woman?

Right, KFB...

... And have them strike on opposite sides of Lo Mang's head, at the same time no less, in his ears?!:ooh::bigsmile:

In the Buddist Fist Siu Ming - is best friend to Au Chang and a monk is exposed as the bad guy in a climactic battle takes place between the two friends, with Siu Ming the monk pulling a potentially fatal punch in the end and letting Au Chang kill him

ThreeSectionStaff
In Shaolin Temple (Jet Li's) when he accidentally killed the dog.....and all the monks proceeded to eat it.

Don't forget the eldest monk is eating his daughter's dog!

I love watching the scene dubbed with how they will only refer to the dog's

meat as "this" to skirt around it.

The scene at the beginning of the third film where Jet Li just starts ripping snakes apart

for cooking like they're tissue paper is not anywhere near as bizarre but still a bit wtf.

I'd like to nominate the main character having a chicken/bird/goose squirt crap on to his

face during the intro of Goose Boxer(I think they even freeze frame it for extra enjoyment?).

If Phillip Ko was not in the movie I don't think I would have ever made it pass that part.

Sammo as Count Dracula in The Victim also catches me off guard still.

Morgoth Bauglir
I watched Four Riders yesterday, and I registered a shock when Lily Li got taken out by a dart to the eye!:yociexpress06: As for the "Ohh, yeah!" moment, she looked sexy in hot pants!:yociexp56:

I haven't seen Four Riders. Have to check it out. Lily Li pretty much always makes a movie worth seeing. Her #1 WTF moment for me comes at the end of The Challenger. Also her final scene in Deadly Breaking Sword is extremely shocking.

I haven't seen Four Riders. Have to check it out. Lily Li pretty much always makes a movie worth seeing. Her #1 WTF moment for me comes at the end of The Challenger. Also her final scene in Deadly Breaking Sword is extremely shocking.

Deadly Breaking Sword is among the strangest swordplays I've seen, the mood, tone, pacing, lack of a musical score, Fu Shengs acting, all odd for a Shaw Film.

The Invincible Super Chan - Many moments including the hero surfing on a flag and making a dude eat a rock.

Nine Demons - They're fighting on top of a lake and end up on bamboo scaffolding in the sky.

The Warriors Two reference made me think of another f-d up GH movie ending that suddenly goes supernatural: Last Hurrah For Chivalry. When that guy start flying around and stuff, like he was some kind of vampire ghost, that definitely left me scratching my head. Where the hell did that come from?!!

KFS

Wasn't it cause he had the moon sword technique or some shit like that, I really thought that fight was anticlimactic, all the fights leading up to and including Lee Hoi San was brillant, except the sleeping swordsman, that was also a wtf moment:xd:

Yes agree with both the above

Also

Bolo Disco dancing!! Can’t remember the film but seen a clip on a trailer

Mystreious Footworks – the guy starts to scream when mud lands on his clothes (WTF!)

Some more..

One of HJL films one of the characters collects pee in a bucket- that could (and should) easily have been edited out

The Sedan Chair fight in Snake Crane Secret

The Remote control cave in unbeaten 28

Giant Flying birds you can hitch a lift on (film escapes me atm)

A good one is the silent fast forward scene in the Challenger ( I know its divisive but it cracked me up especially the first time I saw it)

Feng Ho-An dying and coming back as one of one of the henchmen of the Four Champions at the end in Boxer from Shantung. I mean they didn't even try to hide the fact it was the same guy.

whats the film where there is a giant preying mantis killing everyone is it shaolin mantis or something like that,thats a strange 1!

whats the film where there is a giant preying mantis killing everyone is it shaolin mantis or something like that,thats a strange 1!

I forget the name also, I think Dean Shek is the main bad guy in that one. It was hard to watch this one.

Another one that I noticed was during the film Vengeance was when David Chiang killed the guy who was sleeping in his brother's wife's bed, he blinked his eye after dying,lol. Had to rewind it to make sure I saw that.

Also in "Lion vs. Lion", the two guys who were trying to kill Lo Meng, but before that they wanted to shave his eyebrows,lol, wtf.

Shaolin Drunken Munk, Gordon Liu's very uncomfortable to watch love scene with some girl in a cave.

Ti Lung & David Chiang enjoying each others company a lil too much in NOAS.

Shaolin Drunken Munk, Gordon Liu's very uncomfortable to watch love scene with some girl in a cave.

Ti Lung & David Chiang enjoying each others company a lil too much in NOAS.

Definitely a "get a room" moment for them!

:nerd:

Also:

... Dolph and Brandon lee, in Showdown in little tokyo ...

The cringe-moment when Brandon ""admired" the endowment of Dolph Lundgren's package!:ooh:

I was done with him after that $hyt!...

... It took him dying while making The Crow to make me forgive him for that one.

Ripping out the veins in that Yuen Shin Yi's granddad's arms and apparently tearing out his tongue so he couldn't talk either. Why not just kill him if you didn't want him in the way? Of course Lee Hoi San (aka Big Small Feet) took care of that later on.

Those two guys with the super long tongues in Shaolin Invincibles who had control over the aforementioned Kung Fu Gorillas.

The title is a WTF.

:nerd:

Speaking of WTF titles, try:

Point the Finger of Death (the original title's not much better:

One-Armed Chivalry Fights Against One-Armed Chivalry)

The Six Directions Boxing

Half a Loaf of Kung Fu!

A Slice of Death (but not a whole loaf)

The Brave in Kung Fu Shadow ("The Brave" WHAT?!?)

All those "Wu-Tang" video titles ("Ho's, Thugs and Scrillah?")

Titles that promise ninjas and/or Shaolin and give neither