Deadpool (2012) Marvel Comics Film Spinoff

AlbertV

Major news was revealed on Dark Horizons:

Robert Rodriguez is in active negotiations to direct the Deadpool spin-off film that will bring back Ryan Reynolds in the role of wise-cracking sword wielder Wade Wilson. Rodgriguez is currently at work on the fourth Spy Kids movie (don't ask) and if he accepts the offer, he will work on Deadpool after finishing Spy Kids 4.

Full story here

UPDATED: changed it to confirm that we're not talking the Dirty Harry film The Dead Pool LOL...Thanks Markgway and Dragonsword :) (seriously...Thank you)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ekisha

It's good to have a Deadpool movie but instead of Ryan i'd prefer Scott Adkins to play that badass character. Yes, that's not gonna happen.

A RR Deadpool film I could see really working - especially if he gets the tone of the character right.

Hopefully, at the very least, it'll wash away the taste of the awful portrayal of him in Wolverine: Origins!

If you're a DP fan, may I recommend the current Wade Wilson's War mini-series ('3 is out tomorrow), and give you all a heads-up on the upcoming DeadpoolMAX series that will be adults only and is looking superb.

Dark Horizons revealed that Swedish born commercial and video director Adam Berg is in contention to direct the movie.

Dark Horizons revealed that Swedish born commercial and video director Adam Berg is in contention to direct the movie.

this is one of the most dissapointing announcements ever on a forums.......i mean to go from Robert Rodrigez dirtecting a deadpool movie to....adam berg?

If Ryan Reynolds passes to make the other comic-book adaptation he's been offered, RIPD, the DP film probably won't happen.

Shame RR has passed - isn't it because he's busy with Spy Kids 4?

I know which film I'd sooner see him make!!

ShaOW!linDude
If Ryan Reynolds passes to make the other comic-book adaptation he's been offered, RIPD, the DP film probably won't happen.

Shame RR has passed - isn't it because he's busy with Spy Kids 4?

I know which film I'd sooner see him make!!

Me, too. This would be a great project for RR and RR to do together.

The film is being scripted by ZOMBIELAND writer Rhett Reese, who according to this SITE said that there will be three incantantions of Deadpool in the film - Wade Wilson, scarred Wilson becoming Deadpool, and then the masked warrior Deadpool.

According to Bleedingcool.com, there's meant to be a very funny gag in the DP script pertaining to his less-than-impressive final appearance in the Wolverine movie.

briannatalore

It's about time. I hope this turns out good because I have to shake off the Deadpool character of X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Here's an update on the DEADPOOL movie:

TotalFilm interviewed Lauren Shuler-Donner, who has said that they are still working out a few kinks before submitting the idea to the studio for greenlight status. Here are some news though: Ryan Reynolds is willing to return to the role of Wade Wilson and Tim Miller has agreed to direct if given the greenlight.

Shuler-Donner agrees with briannatalore, "Yes he was treated totally wrong in the Wolverine film and yes we will redeem him,” replied Donner.

TotalFilm

Deadpool has always been one of my favorite characters, so I am really glad to see he is getting his own movie. I just hope they do him more justice than they did in X-Men Origins: Woverine.

Can't Wait!:bigsmile:

Archived