Far East Flix ? Shaw films ?

DAJIZZARIZZA

DAJIZZARIZZA

can anyone tell me about the quality of ANY of these Shaw Bros. movies selling there ?

LOVERS BLADES

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

SHADOW GIRL

THUNDER CLAP

CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS

BLACK ENFORCER

thanks

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DAJIZZARIZZA
You expect someone replies you in 6 minutes:squigglemouth:

no i did not ,..lol

i did that as a joke,.. i guess it was not funny Blood Sword :neutral:

OpiumKungFuCracker

I've actually bought some dvds from them before... If you buy a whole bunch you can just email the guy and he'll give you a special rate discount on your order purchase.. The quality is not bad considering it's a custom made dvdr... Mostly all his titles are english dubbed with trailers as the bonus content....

odioustrident

They are most likely the same quality as what you might see from these films on youtube.

There aren't a wide variety of prints out there for these films right?

I will say I bought a copy of The Warrior II from them and it was unwatchable due to a loud background noise during the whole film (broken VHS during recording?). Probably not a common problem, but maybe ask them before you buy.

I spent tons of $$ on VHS tapes from them back before the internet made ordering dvds so easy. They always took good care of me and the made up for any problems I might have had. Great catalog too.

can anyone tell me about the quality of ANY of these Shaw Bros. movies selling there ?

LOVERS BLADES

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

SHADOW GIRL

THUNDER CLAP

CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS

BLACK ENFORCER

thanks

The LOVER'S BLADES is from Korean tape, I think. Need to look at it again. The others are from Chinese VHS. BLACK ENFORCER is the best out of the bunch image wise in my opinion. Not sure where it comes from, but it doesn't have that Kings Video (?) stamp in the corner and the colors are a bit better. The others are the same versions that have been floating around for years.

DAJIZZARIZZA

thank you OpiumKungFuCracker, odioustrident and kngfu for the info on what to expect when dealing with him,.. i too heard he has a good reputation of doing good business,.. and i propbably will cntact him,.. i did not think of that.

and thanks venom5 for the info you gave,.. it really gave me an overal picture in my mind what to expect.

i wanted a lil beter than vhs quality,.. but what can you do when its the only avalible print ?

i'll mostlikly grab the too ,.. i really wish to see

LOVERS BLADES

SHADOW GIRL

i already have thunderclap , probably same print.

i wish he had screen shots for an example.

The THUNDERCLAP disc is the FLK with the fake widescreen added to it.

The quality on these is middle ground. It's better than the previous boots of LIFE GAMBLE, NAVAL COMMANDOS (english and subbed wide) and 7 MAN ARMY english dupe with arabic subs, but far less so than the average Fortune Star dvd. They're watchable for the most part.

If you've seen any of the Korean Shaw tapes, the quality on LOVER'S BLADES is the same. CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS and the others are about average to me, although BLACK ENFORCER is easily the most colorful of the bunch. I don't have the SHADOW GIRL one, but I can do some grabs if you haven't gotten any yet. I think I posted some caps here already for that one.

DAJIZZARIZZA
The THUNDERCLAP disc is the FLK with the fake widescreen added to it.

The quality on these is middle ground. It's better than the previous boots of LIFE GAMBLE, NAVAL COMMANDOS (english and subbed wide) and 7 MAN ARMY english dupe with arabic subs, but far less so than the average Fortune Star dvd. They're watchable for the most part.

If you've seen any of the Korean Shaw tapes, the quality on LOVER'S BLADES is the same. CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS and the others are about average to me, although BLACK ENFORCER is easily the most colorful of the bunch. I don't have the SHADOW GIRL one, but I can do some grabs if you haven't gotten any yet. I think I posted some caps here already for that one.

man that would be toooooooooooooo helpful.,.. many thanks!!

i'm not a quality junkie,.. i'm more into the movie,.. but for the price they are asking,.. i would need it to be as quality as possible.

for average quality films , price should be between $5-$7 i don't care how "rare" they are.

DAJIZZARIZZA
Joker, I have Shadow Girl, email me.

sent email fella !!! love to see screen caps,.. thanks

DAJIZZARIZZA

that's the best of the bunch ? wow:neutral:

thanks for the caps ,.. those dvds should not cost the price he's selling at,.. i know it's a business ,. but if i would had purchased that ,.. i would had been very angry.

he needs to really clearify how bad the hard to find prints are.

i'm scared to buy from him,.. it feels like a hit or miss.

thanks again you saved me about $50 - $60

that's the best of the bunch ? wow:neutral:

thanks for the caps ,.. those dvds should not cost the price he's selling at,.. i know it's a business ,. but if i would had purchased that ,.. i would had been very angry.

he needs to really clearify how bad the hard to find prints are.

i'm scared to buy from him,.. it feels like a hit or miss.

thanks again you saved me about $50 - $60

You're welcome.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the quality, nor the price considering some of the movies I've bought in stores from companies like Ground Zero and Crash. Whether it be bad sound, bad pic quality, terrible authoring, or simply shit media. Compared with other Shaw rares I have owned where it was either far too bright, or too dark to make out much, subs beneath the screen, etc, these look fine. The others are in the same ballpark, just the colors are stronger on BLACK ENFORCER.

I guess it all depends on whether you are regularly a buyer, or a trader. Many people that post here, don't buy anything anyways. It's all a part of collecting and how bad you want to see something regardless of what the pic quality is. Some individuals have bought rare kung fu movies for a lot more than $10 with quality far below a Celestial restoration. So again, it all boils down to the individual and what you want. Most people email with questions before they buy in the first place. That usually saves on being a dissatisfied customer later.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Just my two cents- Far East Flix has always provided me with excellent service, tapes, and later on discs. I'd recommend them to anyone.

but for the price they are asking,..

price should be between $5-$7 i don't care how "rare" they are.

It would indeed be nice if bootlegs were only five bucks per disc but if you think their prices ($10 a piece) are expensive you're in for a surprise. Actually $10 is around half the price most bootleggers charge. And their postage fee is a flat rate of $6. That's actually very cheap compared to other bootleggers.

I havent ordered from him in years but he used to do custom lables and dvd box covers for all his movies.

I havent ordered from him in years but he used to do custom lables and dvd box covers for all his movies.

He still does the custom labels/box covers. Also custom menus where applicable and also fixes the mistakes on the discs put out by other custom DVD producers.

The Silver Fox

I have to chime in regarding FarEastFlix. I've only bought a couple of discs from them, but both have come with cases,nice artwork on cover and very professional looking,printed discs. Yes they are DVD-rs but they look very good and the FarEastFlix 'Invincible Armour' is the best version out there.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I think FLK and Far East Flix ar different.

Totally!

Silver Fox- did you mean to say "FEF"?

Archived