samurai movie box sets

shaolin swords

shaolin swords

i am going to buy a box set but dont know wich one to buy so i just wanted to know if some one can recomend me 1 of these box set wich one has the most swordplay action the box sets that i been looking at are........shogun assassin...........sleepy eyes of death.....the ultimate samurai.........the mute samurai 1-6 disc dvd box set episodes 1-12................lone wolf and cub collection 1............wich ones have the most swordplay action thanks

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin swords

i want to double check on something with every body now the lone wolf and cub movies are the same as the shogun assassin movies.......and the shogun assassin box set is the same as the lone wolf in cub box set just got different names.the lone wolf and cub box set cost a lil more then the shogun the assassin box set what do you get different with the lone wolf and cub movies that you dont get with the shogun assassin movies.just asking this is because i found the lone wolf and cub box set for a good price on amazon.com.thanks for any info

Lone Wolf and Cub (Baby Cart series):

Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance (1972)

Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx (1972)

Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart to Hades (1972)

Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart in Peril (1972)

Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart in the Land of Demons (1973)

Lone Wolf and Cub: White Heaven in Hell (1974)

The original film series. Japanese audio with English subs only.

Shogun Assassin (First two Baby Cart movies cut together with English dub (12 minutes from the first, and most of the second).

The other Shogun Assassin movies are just English dubbed versions of Baby Cart movies 3-6).

Shogun Assassin supposedly has it's virtues (the other Shogun Assassin movies can be dismissed), but unless you have to have an English dub you're better off getting the Lone Wolf & Cub box.

shaolin swords

tdb thanks for the info on that because i was getting king of confused with all the different names for the same movie........i think im either going to go with the lone wolf and cub box set or the sleepy eyes of death box set the only thing i dont like dealing with amazon.but cduniverse has the sleepy eyes of death for a good price............

Sleepy Eyes is good too, but if you're mostly interested in action, you're probably better off getting LW&C.

shaolin swords: As far as action goes nothing comes close to "Lone Wolf & Cub" series. But get the Japanese box set that was remastered by AnimEigo. "The Sleepy Eyes of Death" series is an awesome series as well, and does have some really good action scenes. "The Mute Samurai" is another title that is totally off the hook trust me on that!

shaolin swords

i think im going to go with the lone wolf and cub box set.im going to buy it from amazon.com because they have it for a good price just hope its no bootleg.

shaolin swords: Post the link to the box set with the image and we can tell you if is a boot box set.

shaolin swords

whats up daisho2004 i would post a link but i dont know how to post links and images and stuff like that..............if some one can go to amazon.com and then type in lone wolf and cub box set and it will pop up and tell me if its bootleg or not i will appreciate it

thanks

shaolin swords

daisho thats the same box set that was on amazon.com so i guess its legit.but just to be on the save side i think im going to buy it from animeigo.its only 10 dollars more then the one on amazon is $65 the one on animeigo is $75........do you know how much shipping cost over at animeigo thanks..........

shaolin swords: If you're buying direct from Amazon.com and not any other seller than it is going to be a legit box set. But sometimes AnimEigo does have sales also but I haven't seen anything post from them about sales.

shaolin swords

i just bought the lone wolf and cub box set from animeigo got free shipping and $5 off on my order.thanks for every bodys advice i appreciate it........

I just posted this for Miyamoto Musashi 5-movie set, but this is a good location to post it as well. AnimEigo has a sale going right now on for its samurai dvd box sets, including Lone Wolf and Cub ($50), Sleepy Eyes of Death ($40), Shinobi no Mono box set #1 ($35), and Toshiro Mifune collection ($50). The sale is only for a limited time.

More info here: http://www.animeigo.com/other/special-sale-items

OpiumKungFuCracker

Anybody still looking for an awesome box set of the Lone Wolf Cub series, Eureka released their version and it looks pretty fucking awesome... I just bought mine today, and like most of you I have an all region bluray/dvd player since this is a UK version, check it out!!!

the-complete-lone-wolf-cub-box-set.jpg

Here is the AmazonUK link below!!!

http://tinyurl.com/24fwnga

Archived