What is the difference between these 2 companies?

daisho2004

What is the difference between these 2 companies? They both have put out the same movie in less than 2 years.

Did one company go out of business and the other took over?

51K%2BonpK9-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51r%2BSviGDOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fang Shih-yu
...the Funimation cover art compared to BCI's is crap.
The reversible DVD sleeves BCI did are ornate! The one for Life Gamble (with the inside one replicating an original poster...all that pink) is one I'll treasure the rest of my days!:tongue: At the very least, Funimation did include English dubs for the re-reissued LG and OatKFM, which improves on BCI's DVDs by this action!

Fang Shih-yu

BCI's Life Gamble had only the Mandarin dub with non-removable English subs, plus the "extras" of trailers and interviews.:angel:

Sentswordsman

"He's gotta kick the habit before he can kick ass" (Funimation box cover)

Haha what a joke

Okay I see Funimation Prod. is putting out some cool classic S.B. movies this is a legit company right? And has anyone ordered from them yet? If so how is there DVDs?

Okay I see Funimation Prod. is putting out some cool classic S.B. movies this is a legit company right? And has anyone ordered from them yet? If so how is there DVDs?

For what it's worth, Funi is currently the largest anime company (distributor) in the States. They're owned (a subsidiary or something) of Navarre, I think. You could order from them, but they haven't got anything on their site you can't order from Amazon, etc...

The quality of their discs is generally pretty good, though people have bitched (rightfully) on and off for years about some of the English subs for their anime. I know the English subs for 14 Amazons were substandard at best.

The Silver Fox

So far, I've got Hong Kong Godfather and Invincible Shaolin from Funimation, bare bones but transfers are very nice . I like the way they seem to be just rolling out the releases-on time and no fuss. I already have Opium and Life Gamble from BCI so I'm not gonna double dip on those.

Just for sticking to their relese schedule i think they should be applauded as it seems alot of companies can't seem to get the basics done properly . I'd rather have the movie come out on it's release date than to have to wait months past the due date,and for what? A couple of mediocre special features?

Just give me the movie with a nice widescreen transfer,in as many languages as possible with Eng subs and I'm happy.

Morgoth Bauglir

WIth how good the English dub sounds on Golden Arm, and how well written the subtitles are, it was worth the wait. But damn it was a long wait:sad:

Both BCI titles had extras, whilst their 'Opium' DVD had the Cantonese soundtrack (unlike Funimation's Mandarin).

Funimation did include the English dub for 'Life Gamble' (unlike BCI, to which I don't think they were provided with one by Celestial).

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I was extremely disappointed with Funimations, Invincible Shaolin's english dub remaster. Terrible, terrible job right there. Entirely unecessary.

I don't know what site BCI titles are available to order from, DeepDiscount.com does carry Funimation's titles and DeepDiscount doesn't sell any boots or copies. I want to order some of the classic's.

Archived