Which Drunken Master DVD?

blue_skies

I've just discovered my mum doesn't have this DVD (yes my mum who's nearly 70 loves martial-arts cinema!:bigsmile:). Anyway I'm just trying to find the best overall version and wondered what the differences were. I've just discovered that there are two UK Hong Kong Legends DVDs and a new 2008 Sony release. How do these compare? Are they all anamorphic? Which has the best picture? Do they have an English dub (she prefers English dubbed versions but it's not absolutely essential). How other region DVDs compare? Extras aren't really important.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

version although containing an English dub its NOT the classic dub that was on the Made in Hong Kong VHS!

However I believe there are some fan made DVD versions that DO contain that dub

DeathFuMaster

The Sony version is fine and includes a dub, although its not the original as Jackie dubs himself.

version although containing an English dub its NOT the classic dub that was on the Made in Hong Kong VHS!

However I believe there are some fan made DVD versions that DO contain that dub

Man i have forever been scarred loosing my original Made in Hong Kong VHS, the dubb on that is classic.

When i replaced it with the DVD version (cant remember which one - the picture on the case was half ref half black and Jackie was holding the big wine pot) i was so outraged! It damn near ruins the film for me:sad:

To this day i have a search around in the hope i put it in another VHS case, but no luck.

I long for the made in hong kong version dubb ....

Archived