Frankenstein Conquers the World

Guest Tosh

I only remember seeing this once when I was younger, even though I've seen Gargantuas many times(I guess they played this one more when I was a kid?), I've been wanting to buy this and never got around to it, so when I seen they had it at my local videostore, I rented it right away!

This movie has to have one of the most ridiculous, absurdly entertaining premises of any movie ever, the Nazis have Frankensteins live still beating heart, when they fall to the allies they send it to Hiroshima Japan, just in time for the bomb to drop, 15 years later a Frankenstein boy is running around eating peoples pets, and he's growing, enter another giant monster(Baragon) tunneling under Tokyo, all hell breaks lose.

I found the alternate giant octopus ending on youtube, Honda said it went against logic so it was cut out, went against logic?:lol I found it interesting originally he was to take on Godzilla, Now to find War of the Gargantuas!

207.jpg

frankvsgodzillaconcept.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Daisho2004

I haven't seen this movie since I was a little kid, from what I remember it was OK. As far as him fighting Godzilla PLEASE! Godzilla would've kick his Ass plain & simple!

Guest monwobobbo

FCTW is a really fun toho monster romp. the recently released dvd has the alternate ending as well as 3 versions of the film. frankie was only like 30' tall so godzilla would have just stepped on him and that would have been it. WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS isn't out on dvd in the US but is in japan. supposedly it will be released here sometme soon though.

Guest will91XingYu

I though Barugon was pretty cool, i prefered War of the Gargantuas, there was supposed to be Godzilla vs the Gargantuas in the early 80s but it never happened. Also Godzilla was supposed to fight Gigan, Ghidorah and Majin which sounded pretty cool i think.

Guest froffeecoffee

Love all the Toho Kaiju flicks. Frankenstein is one of the best. It's cool that a lot of the Toho flicks are getting these remastered releases by people who love them also. Just got Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster on sale for 9.99 today.

I think it was supposed to be Godzilla instead of Baragon. There were a lot of ideas for Godzilla's comeback in the 80s. There was a Godzilla vs. Godzilla, vs. The Devil, vs. Space Godzilla (that was made obviously), and a slew of other ideas.

Archived