Looking for two JimmyWang moive on DVD

bearpower

I am looking for two Jimmy Wang movie on dvd one is The one armed boxer made in 1971

The ploit is beaten Hook gang members return to Chao and tell him how Tien and the Ching Te school beat them for no reason. More importantly, the Hook gang lies and tells Chao that Tien had disrespected their group. This infuriates Chao enough to go to the Ching Te dojo and challenge Tien's master, Hang Tui, to a fight. Hang Tui quickly defeats Chao, leaving him even more humiliated.

Chao plans his revenge by hiring a group of mercenary martial artists from Shanghai. This group consists of two karate experts and their teacher, a Judo master, a Taekwondo expert, two Thai boxing fighters, a Yoga expert, and two mystic Tibetan lamas (who are later revealed in the sequel to be students of an Imperial Assassin). With this group, Chao easily destroys the Ching Te school and all of their businesses, leaving everyone dead except for Tien Lung who loses his right arm. Tien Lung vows revenge and begins his training to destroy anyone and everyone who stands in his way. And Knight Errant made in 1973 three Japanese brothers, (one is of course played by Yasuaki Kurata), and their squat & sturdy auntie is teaching them tough killer kung-fu to avenge the death of their parents. Their father committed hari-kari from the shame of losing a war prisoner during a prison break and now the harsh midget auntie, (Tse Gam Guk), works to poison the boys with hatred and revenge.

Cut to Taiwan and Jimmy Wang Yu is a taxi driver who lives with his father, little brother and sexy blind sister. Jimmy's a righteous man with a quick fist who tends to get into fights. Unfortunately after every fight Jimmy must pay for his victim's medical bills by dipping into a fund for his sister's operation. Still Jimmy's quite a guy, stopping the `sneak thieves' by chasing them in a loader from an empty shipyard and saving his supermarket clerk girlfriend from lecherous advances.

It turns out that Jimmy's dad helped sneak the war hero out of the Japanese prison and now the vengeful brother's have arrived in Taiwan to make him and his family pay. The story is just a set up for the audience to view innumerable fight sequences between the killer brothers and various family members but especially with Wang Yu.Do anybody know where I can get these 2 on dvd?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knight Errant

http://www.amazon.com/Knight-Errant-Yu-Wang/dp/B0007GP7HS/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1279723405&sr=1-1

One Armed Boxer is knocking around as a Panmedia bootleg,may have had a german release,not sure.i have the japanese release but it's expensive,english dub option but no english subtitles

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KIBF-486

One Armed Boxer

Hi bearpower

The best version, and only official release, of 'One Armed Boxer' with the English dub is the Japanese version, available here -

http://www.yesasia.com/global/one-armed-boxer-collectors-dvd-box-dvd-first-press-limited-edition/1004920142-0-0-0-en/info.html

This is the version I have, it comes with a couple of limited edition books and the original movie poster, a superb package, or you can just buy the DVD by itself here -

http://www.yesasia.com/global/one-armed-boxer-collectors-edition-dvd-normal-edition-japan-version/1004920145-0-0-0-en/info.html

The best version of 'Knight Errant' is the US region 1 release by Pathfinder, available from hkflix.com here, or all the other usual retailers (amazon.com etc.) -

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.539116/qx/details.htm

Why are Japanese pressings so bloody expensive? I remember buying Bruce Lee in G.O.D. years back for about £36! Then HKL put the footage on the Game of Death 2 disc edition...doh! I wouldn't do that again!

Why are Japanese pressings so bloody expensive? I remember buying Bruce Lee in G.O.D. years back for about £36! Then HKL put the footage on the Game of Death 2 disc edition...doh! I wouldn't do that again!

I hear you. I bought the FS/JS One Armed Boxer DVD, and I'm still angry about the price! It's probably the best the film will ever look, however, with no Eng. subs, it's an incomplete release.

They could have put the damned subs on the damned disc! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

There is a German edition of OAB but not sure if it's uncut. I believe it has the english dub too.

There is a German edition of OAB but not sure if it's uncut. I believe it has the english dub too.

Thanks no more for me on this film.

It's probably the best the film will ever look, however, with no Eng. subs, it's an incomplete release.

I'm happy with the film, not the price I paid. It's so much fun.

:tongue:

Archived