Kung-Fu Master (Yuen Biao) (2010)

mpm74

Anyone know the real title of this film? Coming from Lionsgate this October...

Detailed Synopsis:

One man is faced with a life-altering choice when he is approached with the greatest honor. Realizing that innocent lives would be lost by his acceptance, he declines, forcing him to destroy the Kung-Fu Master alliance that once wanted him. Through endless obstacles and death traps, he will rise to the ultimate challenge to protect his people.

Cast: Yuen Biao, Bryan Leung, Ji Chunhua, Yang Lu, Yuan Wu, Gao Jia, Chuchu, Sha Zuezhou, Yao Jieyuan, Zhange Wei, Pan Yuanjia, Fu Jujun, Bai Yue, Wang Xiaolong, Chen Ke, Dai Tian, Xu Xiang Dong

Director: Dou Xiao

http://www.cityonfire.com/ShawDVDCovers/031398126430.jpg

yep another tv condensed into a movie, worth getting though, good kung in the series and the eagle claw man from champions is great in this.

Guest Yi-Long

Damn, that's just horrible. Why don't they just sub the whole series and release it here!? Most martial arts fan would probably lap it up, including me.

If all the fights are intact....I'll pick it up to watch Yuen Biao fighting again. That said, why is Tai Seng not releasing the entire TV series? Come on!!

Come on guys...

This mainstream world strives on AVATAR on KARATE KID REMAKES; releasing it in its entirety is against the average public.

This is why I'm down for bootlegs when it comes to cases like this.

Guest Yi-Long
Come on guys...

This mainstream world strives on AVATAR on KARATE KID REMAKES; releasing it in its entirety is against the average public.

This is why I'm down for bootlegs when it comes to cases like this.

So you think the average public is now going for this Yuen Biao 'movie'!?

I think not.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Questions...

Are these the same thing, and are they all related?:

SHAO LIN SI CHUAN QI (Episode : 1 to 24)

SHAO LIN SI CHUAN QI II (Episode : 1 to 50)

SHAO LIN SI CHUAN QI ZHI LUAN SHI YING XIONG (Episode : 1 to 22)

I had heard that there were three seasons of the show. Is that right?

And is Yuen Biao in all three?

Picked up this movie haven't had a chance to watch it though, but I agree with everyone why not just release the entire TV Series with English subtitles?

ShaOW!linDude

daisho2004 ---- I reviewed this in my thread not to long ago. Watch it before you read it or you can read it before your watch it. Whatever helps you, dude.

ShaOW!linDude

Here's a mini-review I posted almost 4 yrs ago. Hope it helps.

KUNG FU MASTER (2010)

Stars: Yuen Biao, Bryan Leung, Ji Chunhua, and Leung Kar Yan (at least I think it's him). Mandarin and English dubs with English subs. Running time ---- 95 mins.

Warning: Some spoilers may appear.

Yuen Biao plays Tan Zong, a Buddhist monk of great repute in martial arts. How great? His chi gung makes him impervious to blades. He is called to the Grand Commandant (LKY) to become the drill instructor for his troops. This is a false pretense as the GC wants to destroy the Shaolin's monastery.

Zong arrives in town with his dimwitted, fat pupil and is immediately lured to a section that is a ghost town. There his pupil is kidnapped and he is attacked by all manner of assorted assassin clans. (There's an assassin using a coffin; a deadly seductress; assassins using clawed gloves; a musician with a spear-wielding student; an assassin clan using bladed umbrellas; and black potato sack masked assassins.) This is all in the 1st half hour.

From there he goes to rescue his pupil from the last group of assassins and their green demon masked leader.

Then on arriving at the GC's, there's a pile of benches in the courtyard. 60 soldiers (I counted) pick them up and then attack him in a variety of formations. In a 2nd courtyard he must cross a catwalk constructed of benches. Then he has to cross a hallway the walls of which are lined with skulls from which spears shoot out. Finally in a 3rd courtyard he meets the GC. They engage in foot fu so that Zong can prevent him from stepping on an ant. He then graciously refuses a challenge to duel with the GC and instead does so with General Renza in an armory. (I thought this might become reminiscent of the Yoeh/Ziyi duel in CT/HD but it did not.) After passing all the tests he is then jailed for politely refusing the position to train the GC's troops which are sent under Gen. Renza's command to assault the monastery.

A handful of monks escape and go to the GC's palace and rescue Zong. They then face innumerable soldiers but mow them down (literally).They in turn assault the palace which leads to another confrontation with Gen. Renza and finally a big fight between Zong and the GC.

I was impressed with the amount of action in this movie. I'm not kidding when I say it was nonstop. Let me put it this way: there's more fighting than there is talking and that's no lie. Having said that let me qualify it with this..........there's a good deal of wire work (actually there's a great deal of it). This picture is really in the wuxia vein. I'd compare it to Jet Li's OUTIC series but the story's not as good. It's great to see Biao in action again but it is painfully obvious that he's being doubled for a good portion of his fights though it is difficult to tell sometimes just when. Still, there's a lot of good kung fu on display here. If they make a 2nd one...........I'd watch it. (And I'm not a big fan of wuxia stuff.) It's definitely better than some of his films such as "Deadful Melody" and "The Peacock King" and it absolutely smokes "Millennium Dragon". If it's not something you care to purchase, it's surely worth a rental.

One Armed Boxer
On 7/13/2014 at 9:05 PM, luckystars said:

Opinions on this condensed version?

Just in case you're still looking for opinions 8 years later, here's one more in addition to @ShaOW!linDude's :tongueout - 

https://cityonfire.com/kung-fu-master-2010-review-yuen-biao-a-legend-of-shaolin-kung-fu-ii-thirteen-cudgel-monks/

• Like 3