Yuen Biu At Shaw Bros.

BaronK

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he worked at the Shaw studios like everyone else at the time. Looking at his filmography at the HKMDB you will see several SB productions listed among them, i can remember he also quite visible in To Kill a Jaguar for instance.

Yes him Sammo, Jackie and Yuen Wah all worked as bit parters at Shaw Brothers. Yuen Biao did quite a few round 76/77 I think. Have a list but on another computer.

Plus there are new 'discoveries' all the time. hkmdb.com is the place to learn more :wink:

Yes him Sammo, Jackie and Yuen Wah all worked as bit parters at Shaw Brothers. Yuen Biao did quite a few round 76/77 I think. Have a list but on another computer.

Plus there are new 'discoveries' all the time. hkmdb.com is the place to learn more :wink:

Apart from Come Drink With Me which is still debatable for most people can you list some of the other Jackie Chan Shaw outings? they might be blink and you miss parts so please enlighten those of us with fading eye sight :wink:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Yuen Biao (and a bunch of guys that would later become Golden Harvest regulars) can easily be spotted several times during the opening scene (post-credits sequence) of CHALLENGE OF THE MASTERS. He's one of the crew on the antagonist's team.

I listed to CCP's commentary a few months back and I "thought" she said that the one kid was not Jackie.

That he would have been too old (he was about 11/12 and those kids looked much younger.)

Apart from Come Drink With Me which is still debatable for most people

I listed to CCP's commentary a few months back and I "thought" she said that the one kid was not Jackie.

That he would have been too old (he was about 11/12 and those kids looked much younger.)

Hmm, i thought it was clear as soon as the celestial remastered version came out, that Jackie is NOT in this movie!

However, i don't think the age thing proves much though, as Mars (who was born the same year as Jackie) is clearly visible as one of the children :neutral:

Yeah guys that's why I used the word "debatable" because I'm not sure myself that that kid was Jackie.The lovely Pei Pei said it wasn't (did she know Jackie at that time?). Jackie himself is not admitting or denying it.It is said some sites mention Come Drink With Me as part of Jackie's filmography and by the way I haven't seen Golden Lotus.Guys please help with this dilemma!!!!!!!!

masterofoneinchpunch
Yeah guys that's why I used the word "debatable" because I'm not sure myself that that kid was Jackie.The lovely Pei Pei said it wasn't (did she know Jackie at that time?). Jackie himself is not admitting or denying it.It is said some sites mention Come Drink With Me as part of Jackie's filmography and by the way I haven't seen Golden Lotus.Guys please help with this dilemma!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure Jackie states he is in Come Drink With Me in his (auto/ghosted) biography. If I remember I'll look tonight. But I've looked over that film very carefully as well as that no one has posted a picture on HKMDB showing Jackie in that film. I think it is safe to say he does not appear on film. It is possible that he is part of a mass amount of people but if his face was visible someone would have a shot of it.

Chang Pei Pei's commentary info on the question is that she remembered the kids as coming from a different school than the one that Jackie, Sammo, et al attended, thus she thought it was unlikely that Jackie was in the movie. She could be misremembering things that happened 40 years ago, or perhaps the kids came from more than one source, so her comment might not be definitive enough to settle the question.

I'm personally in the 'no Jackie' camp, until someone comes up with something more concrete.

Archived