Soylent Green

Guest teako170

Guest teako170

Didn't see this posted when I did a search (but then the EZBoard search is whack).

Caught the tail end of this on the tube the other day. If you like Sci-Fi, then this flick is for you. I first saw it in the theaters as a kid way back in '73 and man, its still good.

B00009NHBM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hkpyanfar

I agree. I liked it better now when I saw it on dvd than I did when it first came. There is dated stuff in the film, but I think that the ideas have aged well and become even more relevant.

Guest froffeecoffee

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that the ideas have aged well and become even more relevant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's why their doing a remake. Rather I heard it's going to be a reimaging/sequel/whatever they call it.

Haven't heard lately what the progress on this is, but with so many remakes being announced and made, it's hard to keep track of what's what.

Guest THESHAWMAN

This is one of my favorite movies,always loved it,one i can re watch over and still enjoy today....

Why does hollywood insist on doing remakes>:

whats the point.? will they never learn.? the original is best and always will be:) ...we dont need any Crappy remake thankyou.

Guest teako170
Why does hollywood insist on doing remakes
I agree. It does show lack of creativity but its not just Hollywood .. or films for that matter.

Remakes or retellings have been going on for a very long time.

Some good. Some bad.

Some years ago, there was this Italian poet who wanted to write a book.

However, he had to face many critics who said...

that his tale had already been done by this Greek guy many years prior.

The Italian though didn't seem to mind and he wrote his book anyway.

His name was Virgil and the book was called "The Aeneid."

Oh, if anyone was sleeping during their Classic Lit course...

the Greek was a chap named Homer and his book was called "The Iliad."

But again I agree, there's only one Soylent Green.

Guest Dion Brother

Remember an SNL sketch from about 16 years ago where a producer was interviewed about the various sequels he made to SOYLENT GREEN? SOYLENT PURPLE, SOYLENT YELLOW...a great excuse for Phil Hartman to do his Heston impersonation and a perfect reason why a remake or sequel wouldn't work. It's sort of a shaggy dog joke.

Archived