White Light / Black Rain the destruction of Hiroshima...

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I heard the interview with the director of this film on WBUR radio a few weeks ago and just had to pick this film up when it became available.

This is a documentary on the destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by nuclear detonation. There are interviews with survivors and recently available archival footage from Japan and America in this film. The hardships these ssurvivors and all those who died, either instantly vaporized, crushed and burned to death, or later with radiation poisoning is absolutely devastating. It is accounted that when these two atomic bombs were detonated there were winds of 9000 degrees exeeding 1000 miles per hour. It is so sobering when a film maker decides to remind people of historical events that have changed the future of humanity so drastically.

Anyone who thinks they've had it bad this life should see what it really means to suffer. My heart goes out to all the victims of this terrible act of war. I love the Japanese, their culture, their nature, and their perception of life. i wish these two horrific events never happened to them.

This documentary is a must see.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived