Blades Of Blood (2010)

David Rees

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That movie had a mild success in Korea, however the director's previous film

was highly popular (The King And The Clown).

David: I already had a thread on this movie but its under a different name: The Moon That Escaped the Cloud (Korean Zatoichi) I don't know why it was changed but if you scroll down you'll see the thread.

That movie had a mild success in Korea, however the director's previous film

was highly popular (The King And The Clown).

He's made several films inbetween including Sunny and Happy Life.

I saw this. There's a lot of potential in the production, but the film is not that great. Some nice fights, no plot development, the subs are unreadable in parts because of white subs on white backround. The Zatoichi clone is an acupuncturist, not a masseur. He's the best part of the movie.

Great characters. This is a nice samurai flick. Acting is solid. What I like best about the Korean movies is they stay away from flying and strings, leaning towards more realistic fights, especially the samurai battles. This is no exception.

Trying to remember the last time we've seen a good Samurai flick. This is definitely one of them!

OK I got to watch this movie last night and I loved it, great movie. Hwang who played the Blind Zatoichi type was great he made the movie, without giving away any plots, I just wish he had some more fight scenes instead of the one big one in the movie. Definitely a must own movie. Great storyline and Great action scenes!

Finally watched this (on Youtube) and I liked it more than I thought.

The lighthearted music early on was a bit cheesy and there was some melodrama but otherwise it was pretty good. I liked the metaphor relating to the mind of the cloud or the moon.

I've yet to be disappointed by any Korean movies I've seen.

Archived