Wu Jing

daisho2004

TibetanWhiteCrane

We'll se how Wolf turns out. Legendary Assassin wasn't that great, but it wasn't AS bad as everyone said. And I think Nicky Li should also share some of the blame.

I thought Legendary Assassin was decent entertainment, although Nicky Li botched the fight between Ken Lo and Wu Jing. Too many wires and not enough bad-*ssery from Ken.

Legendary Assassins was OK i guess...not horrible...

Invisible Target was good!

i really liked Wu Jing in Shaolin...i wish he would do more of those type of roles...havn't seen some of his other stuff

I've lost hope in him. Every time he gets a lead role he gets stuck with a terrible script and poor fight choreography. I don't see him starring in a big HK film like Ip man either, he just doesn't have the screen presence for it. I think he's best suited to sideman roles where he lets his martial skills do the talking.

Noelle Shadow Kick

I agree, I want to see more of him! I think he's really talented and had been so looking forward to more movies with him when he first popped up, but there's been so few.

Also his role in Shaolin is small, and I would have liked to see him fight more. He is very good in the role though. It's also a good movie regardless, so it's worth checking out.

But yeah, I want some more Wu Jing in my life.

also where's Zhao Wen Zhou!?!

Vincent Zhao, as he is now called, returned with True Legend and was originally supposed to fight Donnie Yen in Special ID, but let's just say major s**t hit the fan between Yen and Zhou, causing all sorts of legal matters. He did do one film last year, Wu Dang, which was okay, but Zhao IMO lacks charisma when he has a lead role.

OpiumKungFuCracker

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no noo no no no no noo no no noo no noo no on nononon no no no noo nn no onoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

emma-stone-no-no-no-no-no-gif-bgod.gif

• Administrator

Oh man, that's terrible news. :sad: Poor guy. I hope the surgery helps him to get back to normal.

You never know if these types of injuries are going to really stop someone though. So many people in the industry have had serious injuries, but kept on going and often got even stronger. Look at these examples: Bruce Lee's back injury, which I think was before he made any of his (classic) films. Jet Li hurt his foot/ankle making his first film! Look what he went on to do. Jackie Chan broke open his skull and almost died in 1986. I know Scott Adkins has had serious injuries to his leg and back as well. M

Well-trained martial artists can often overcome the pain to build their strength or injuries back up. I wish Wu Jing a fast and complete recovery.

Wu Jing joins the long list of previous stars with severe injuries. It was most common in the 80's before Health & Safety considerations, probably doesn't happen so much these days. I hope he makes a full recovery, I think he's awsome. Pity he never got the same break Jet, Jackie and Donnie had. There's still time....

Did he at least finishing shooting SPL 2, the most highly anticipated film in over a decade?

Yes the film is now in post...principle photography had been completed

Who would have thought that after the rocky starts (financially speaking) of Tai Chi II; The Legend of Zu; and Drunken Monkey, that Wu Jing would end up showing up in the two highest-grossing Chinese movies of all time.

https://us.yahoo.com/entertainment/china-box-office-somebody-powers-071007565.html

@Moderation Team, @SMK and @One Armed Boxer - We don't have a Wu Jing thread in the Martial Arts Actors & Actresses forum. Could we repurpose this one?

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
7 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Who would have thought that after the rocky starts (financially speaking) of Tai Chi II; The Legend of Zu; and Drunken Monkey, that Wu Jing would end up showing up in the two highest-grossing Chinese movies of all time.

Interesting to see that this became a self-fulfilling prophecy from a post he made on wu-jing.org in 2011 - 

On 1/14/2011 at 5:01 AM, Pai Mei said:

So, I've decided to return to my homeland, to seriously ponder things over. I don't wish to live my life behind a certain fixed front, even if I trained myself till I'm swarthy and lanky, so what? Farewell, pale face scholar, I want to see, if I could summon a primitive impulsive deep within my heart, could I be a soldier?

Full interview from earlier post - 

7 hours ago, DrNgor said:

We don't have a Wu Jing thread in the Martial Arts Actors & Actresses forum. Could we repurpose this one?

Done!

• Like 2

On 11/22/2021 at 8:49 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

So, I've decided to return to my homeland, to seriously ponder things over. I don't wish to live my life behind a certain fixed front, even if I trained myself till I'm swarthy and lanky, so what? Farewell, pale face scholar, I want to see, if I could summon a primitive impulsive deep within my heart, could I be a soldier?

Well, that has paid off.

Wu Jing has beat himself out for the highest-grossing Mainland film of all time.

https://us.yahoo.com/entertainment/china-battle-lake-changjin-overtaking-152835091.html

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer

Ahead of the release of 'The Meg' sequel, I decided to take a look back at Wu Jing's rise from being seen as "the next Jet Li", to being the poster boy for China's military might, and everything in between! Check it out via the link over at COF -

https://cityonfire.com/wu-jing-from-hong-kong-hopeful-to-mainland-hero-feature-bio-the-meg-2-the-trench/

wu-jing-2.jpg.0e105f322211965999d46b2bcc04a0f0.jpg

• Like 1