The Avengers (2012)

AlbertV

ShaOW!linDude

Got to take a matinee of this yesterday and......Holy Beatdown, Batman!!!!!!

This movie rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) There is never any lag time throughout the film.

2) The dialogue is fantastic. This movie is hysterical in places. Great sight gags, too.

3) The f/x are superb. What else can I say?

4) Loki was a freaking awesome villain!...even better here than in Thor.

5) Whedon has done an unparalleled and outstanding job with this. He has yet to agree to direct the sequel and already I'm worried about who could possibly do it to the degree he did.

6) The cast! What can you say? The cast is just spot on! The chemistry, the repartee....it's all there! And it comes through in the characters, especially at the end when they fight together as a team, just little stuff, like Ironman banking a repulsor blast off of Cap's shield to knock out some aliens.

7) But most importantly......the fights/action. It was better than I'd dared hope for. These were no little skirmishes or slap fights like what we usually get just so the director and producer can say they paid homage to comic history. No, these were freaking throwdowns!!! They were so good.......I feel like I still owe Whedon some money.

I could watch this movie every single day!!!!

Having said that, there was 1 thing I was disappointed in about the film.....but I don't want to spoil it for others. I mean it's understandable why it was done, but I wish something else would've transpired. I know that's cryptic. Sorry.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Dragon
... Having said that, there was 1 thing I was disappointed in about the film.....but I don't want to spoil it for others. I mean it's understandable why it was done, but I wish something else would've transpired. I know that's cryptic. Sorry.

There are some who believe it to be a set up for a future Avenger. I don't know his background so I can't explain why, but you may google the character... PM me and I'll let you know who.

Btw, did you stay through the absolute end credits?

Two treats were made available.

:nerd:

daisho2004

There was one scene at the end with The Hulk that I wish he would have done which I think would have blown everyone away, when all the Aliens were firing on him on the roof top I wanted to see him do his sonic clap! That would've been freaking Awesome!

The Dragon
There was one scene at the end with The Hulk that I wish he would have done which I think would have blown everyone away, when all the Aliens were firing on him on the roof top I wanted to see him do his sonic clap! That would've been freaking Awesome!

The director was doing so well with everything, I bet he forgot, simple as that.

OpiumKungFuCracker

If the Hulk can fly, how come he doesn't have a cape??? Shouldn't that be a rule in Super-Hero Universe???

If the Hulk can fly, how come he doesn't have a cape??? Shouldn't that be a rule in Super-Hero Universe???

Hulk doesn't fly, he just has a really powerful jump that sends him to the air, so it's almost just as effective. And he can kick-jump from planes, mountains, etc.

AVENGERS was pretty good, but not phenomenal. I think Robert Downey Jr. makes the movie. With that said, I still prefer the standalone Iron Man movies. Toward the 3rd act, I started drifting off from the film's peak. I mean, it is a long movie.

As far as an ensemble superhero flick, I don't think it can get better than this.

Mark Ruffalo comes in 2nd as the film's highlight. Always liked his performances. Check out a movie of his called RESERVATION ROAD. Very powerful.

Now, bring on Prometheus and Amazing Spider-man and I can live the rest of my summer in peace.

Anybody see Battleship? I felt like i was watching enough "Battleship" in Avengers. lol

OpiumKungFuCracker

Thor vs Hulk was my favorite of the fights... The sucker punch by the Hulk was funny, lol... I really think Black Widow and Hawkeye are very underrated of the Avengers team meaning I would love to see a standalone of those two... Tony Stark and Bruce Banner worked great together, should be in their own standalone movie...

daisho2004

The Avengers has grossed $1 Billion dollars world wide so far making it the highest money making movie of all time!

ShaOW!linDude

Saw an article this weekend that stated that Avatar reached the $1 billion mark in 17 days. The Avengers did it in 19 days. Still, that's pretty great.

OpiumKungFuCracker

If you take out the super-heroes and the special effects in this movie, then what do you have???

Please respond in a snark manner like Tony "Snark" Stark....

ShaOW!linDude

A movie the likes of which would never be seen.....by anyone.

If you take out the super-heroes and the special effects in this movie, then what do you have???

A highly entertaining action-comedy.

Guest Yi-Long

Scarlett Johansson in tight leather and 6 guys: what do you think would happen!?

OpiumKungFuCracker
Scarlett Johansson in tight leather and 6 guys: what do you think would happen!?

LOL, should be a standalone movie.. The other girl was pretty hot, she was in How I met your mother, I forgot her character in the movie butt DAMN!!!!:tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker

Oh I wanted to point out when Captain America said to to Tony Stark, about take away your suit and armor and what are you?? Stark's reply was Billionaire/Genius/Philanthropist.. That was the joke I was trying to make with my last comment, no???

The Dragon

In the words of that old guy speaking to Banner: "Well then son, you've got a condition."

:bigsmile:

massa_yoda
LOL, should be a standalone movie.. The other girl was pretty hot, she was in How I met your mother, I forgot her character in the movie butt DAMN!!!!:tongue:

Yeah, Scherbatsky (Cobie Smulders) was awesome. Nice surprise I wasn't expecting.

Archived