The Avengers (2012)

AlbertV

Hey guys

Here is an update on the superhero ensemble flick THE AVENGERS, from Marvel Studios coming out in 2012.

Signed on officially:

-Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury

-Chris Evans as Captain America/Steve Rogers

-Chris Hemsworth as Thor

-Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man/Tony Stark

-Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow

Sadly, this weekend and official confirmation from the man himself: Edward Norton will NOT be reprising his role of Bruce Banner, who becomes The Hulk. Marvel executive Kevin Feige made the announcement this weekend after negotiations fell through. While Norton's agent was upset at the comments made by Feige, Edward Norton took it upon himself to make his own announcement and confirmation on Facebook.

Crazy news: According to CHUD, Joaquin Phoenix was offered the role of Bruce Banner. Personally, I hope this is only a rumor. I cannot see him play Banner. No way no how!!!

Joss Whedon looks to replace Jon Favreau as the director of the film. Favreau, who has schedule conflicts at the time, will stay on board as producer.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly didn't think Eric Bana who played the Hulk in Ang Lee's wasted Hulk movie was bad at all. They shoulda let him reprise his role as the Hulk.

Edward Norton will NOT be reprising his role of Bruce Banner, who becomes The Hulk.

This is stupid. I mean you plan out an entire series of movies that will all come together with The Avengers and you decide to replace major characters, destroying all consistency. Norton was fine as Banner. I don't see why they couldn't have worked something out.

Joss Whedon will do a great job with this film. He's a great filmmaker and deserves a chance to do a big movie like this.

-Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury..

ok i'm stuck with 70-80-90s comics but... Nick Fury was white back then (and also during the 60s)!!

well, after the black kingpin i can expect a black Nick Fury (dont get me wrong, i'm k with black ppl but if u make a movie based on a comic at least use the correct "color" :xd: )... -_-

ok i'm stuck with 70-80-90s comics but... Nick Fury was white back then (and also during the 60s)!!

well, after the black kingpin i can expect a black Nick Fury (dont get me wrong, i'm k with black ppl but if u make a movie based on a comic at least use the correct "color" :xd: )... -_-

But its okay for him to be black because thats how he is in the ultimate comics and they based his new look on Jackson so it makes sense. Kingpin was a different situation because he was never black period but I think it worked out in the movie. But, its understandable how you feel because of the comics you grew up on.

But its okay for him to be black because thats how he is in the ultimate comics and they based his new look on Jackson so it makes sense. Kingpin was a different situation because he was never black period but I think it worked out in the movie. But, its understandable how you feel because of the comics you grew up on.

ahh so Nick is black in the Ultimate series? lol

Well, time pass for everyone ^^

ahh so Nick is black in the Ultimate series? lol

Well, time pass for everyone ^^

Yes, thats why it was so important for Samuel L. Jackson to play him. Because he basically "is" Nick Fury.

Mark Ruffalo (WINDTALKERS, SHUTTER ISLAND) is apparently in talks to replace Edward Norton as Bruce Banner in THE AVENGERS

Full story on NY Daily News

Mark Ruffalo: is apparently in talks to replace Edward Norton as Bruce Banner in THE AVENGERS

Sorry not feeling him! Again Eric Bana shouldve been given the chance to redeem himself with a better script as BB.

Sorry not feeling him! Again Eric Bana shouldve been given the chance to redeem himself with a better script as BB.

Well, at Comic Con yesterday, Robert Downey Jr. came out with the all-star cast of The Avengers and Mark Ruffalo was there. He has signed to officially play Bruce Banner and THE HURT LOCKER's Jeremy Renner is getting the role he has talked about for ages, that of Hawkeye.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Well, at Comic Con yesterday, Robert Downey Jr. came out with the all-star cast of The Avengers and Mark Ruffalo was there. He has signed to officially play Bruce Banner and THE HURT LOCKER's Jeremy Renner is getting the role he has talked about for ages, that of Hawkeye.

I was a little pissed that this is how I found out I wouldn't be playing Hawkeye, but I'm sure Renner will be great in the part. :xd:

Speaking of J. Renner, I just saw him recently in an old episode of HOUSE M.D. as a burnt out punk musician! He was great. Was anyone else a big fan like us of the cancelled cop series THE UNUSUALS that he starred in? Can't believe total shit like JERSEY SHORE, HOUSEWIVES OF (wherever), and THE BACHELOR keeping filling the airwaves, but they got rid of THE UNUSUALS. :neutral:

I think Ruffalo will make a fine Banner.

I was a little pissed that this is how I found out I wouldn't be playing Hawkeye, but I'm sure Renner will be great in the part. :xd:

Speaking of J. Renner, I just saw him recently in an old episode of HOUSE M.D. as a burnt out punk musician! He was great. Was anyone else a big fan like us of the cancelled cop series THE UNUSUALS that he starred in? Can't believe total shit like JERSEY SHORE, HOUSEWIVES OF (wherever), and THE BACHELOR keeping filling the airwaves, but they got rid of THE UNUSUALS. :neutral:

I think Ruffalo will make a fine Banner.

I saw Renner's first film a while back, NATIONAL LAMPOON'S SENIOR TRIP as lead character Dags and he did some good comedy and he proved his mettle in the acting department IMO when he played the title role in DAHMER...yes, he played Jeffrey Dahmer. I can definitely picture him as Clint Burton/Hawkeye.

More photos, from Dark Horizons and Entertainment Weekly

cover-ew-1175_300.jpg

(Mark Ruffalo sporting the Blue Steel Look!!! LOL)

the-avengers-pic05_slideshowbig.jpg

the-avengers-pic02_slideshowbig.jpg

the-avengers-pic04_slideshowbig.jpg

the-avengers-pic01_slideshowbig.jpg

the-avengers-pic06_slideshowbig.jpg

the-avengers-pic03_slideshowbig.jpg

More photos, from Dark Horizons and Entertainment Weekly

cover-ew-1175_300.jpg

(Mark Ruffalo sporting the Blue Steel Look!!! LOL)

the-avengers-pic05_slideshowbig.jpg

the-avengers-pic02_slideshowbig.jpg

the-avengers-pic04_slideshowbig.jpg

the-avengers-pic01_slideshowbig.jpg

the-avengers-pic06_slideshowbig.jpg

the-avengers-pic03_slideshowbig.jpg

Man sweet pics. I can't wait to see The Avengers already i'm liking this movie.

Archived