Bruce Lee & I (aka His Last Days, His Last Nights) (1976)

GoldenFist

This movie kinda made me mad. I highly doubt Bruce Cheated on his wife, but I do got to give it to the guy playing Bruce, I was impressed with that, but besides that Does anyone know what Linda Lee Thought of Betty?

- Goldenfist

Guest Markgway

It's extremely likely Bruce DID cheat on his wife and that she knew about it.

Danny Lee played Bruce and went on to become one of HK's most popular actors.

I can well imagine what Linda thought of Betty. None of it nice.

LLC is a very wise woman, and was even years ago when Bruce was wiling aroung HK with the wealth of beauties at his becking call. No one ever questioned why Lee fired then attorney Adrian Marshall, but it's interesting he, (Marshall) engaged in a 10yr hidden relationship with her, shortly after The Little Dragon's demise.

And there's no account of how much he made off Lee's name post representing "The Estate".

Now on to what she may have thought of Betty?

With roles being reversed; What in the hell would you think of the man rumoured to be having an affair with your wife, both seen around town publicly, for the past year and a half, and your wife is found dead in his apt?

:l

Just asking.

Guest Yi-Long

It's highly likely that they were having an affair, although I'm not sure.

I've also been friends with other women while in a close relationship, without cheating. I've never cheated in my life and not planning on it either.

So yeah, it IS possible that Bruce never cheated on Linda, mother of his 2 children and the woman who has always stood by him in the worst of times.

We are so used to hearing about people, and celebrities, cheating and fucking around, that we kinda EXPECT them to do it. Obviously, not everytime you are nice to another woman, or go out with another woman, does that mean you 2 are having a sexual relationship as well.

But ofcourse, the tabloids sell more copies when you insinuate that.

So again, I'm not sure, and there's no way of knowing for sure unless a homevideo of the 2 comes out.

Just a quick question: If you ARE going to cheat on your wife, why do it with Ugly Betty instead of with a stunner like Nora!?

In that 2.5yr window when he took HK by storm, that man had more poon tang than North Korea has missles. Stirling Siliphant spoke about Lee when he visited HK with his newly wed wife in early '73. Lee told him they were set for the afternoon with "two of the most beautiful Chinese women I'd ever seen!" Stirling backed out mentioning his wife and met up with Lee a day later. "Boy what you missed!", was Lee's remark to him after spending the afternoon with the women by himself.

Doesn't get any clearer than that.

doug maverick

its almost common knowledge that bruce and betty were lovers. sorry to burst your heroic bubble of bruce lee. talking to the OP.

If you ARE going to cheat on your wife, why do it with Ugly Betty instead of with a stunner like Nora!?

To each of their own (as much as I don't think highly of this woman, I gotta admit that I can't deny her great looks and attraction, but I reckon you meant her personality? If so then I'm with that) but if that was so then Betty wouldn't have been known today. Besides, can you blame Bruce for his attraction to her? It all speaks for itself.:angel:

As for Betty having an affair with Bruce, it's been researched to death and the very same woman has even admitted it publicly so it's already known and been accepted by society.

dionbrother

Betty gave Bruce's running pants to Stephen Chow. That tells you all you need to know.

Bruce was also rumored to have slept with Malisa Longo, among others. Some have said he was sleeping around even in Hollywood in the 60s.

Chinatown Kid
In that 2.5yr window when he took HK by storm, that man had more poon tang than North Korea has missles. Stirling Siliphant spoke about Lee when he visited HK with his newly wed wife in early '73. Lee told him they were set for the afternoon with "two of the most beautiful Chinese women I'd ever seen!" Stirling backed out mentioning his wife and met up with Lee a day later. "Boy what you missed!", was Lee's remark to him after spending the afternoon with the women by himself.

Doesn't get any clearer than that.

To go more in depth, Silliphant's story is that in private after he first introduced his Thai wife to Bruce, Bruce told Silliphant to get rid of her because oriental women can't be trusted. He was implying that she was a golddigger. Later he propositioned Sterling to join him and the two beautiful Asian ladies for an evening of fun and games. Silliphant told him no thanks he was a happily married man. When he saw Lee later, Bruce told him "Man what you missed!" Sterling said "this told me something about the curious morality of the man." Now of course this is Silliphant's story and I have know idea if it's true.....

Guest Markgway
Betty gave Bruce's running pants to Stephen Chow. That tells you all you need to know.

Lol... what does it tell us?

Bruce was also rumored to have slept with Malisa Longo.

Well, wouldn't you?

To go more in depth, Silliphant's story is that in private after he first introduced his Thai wife to Bruce, Bruce told Silliphant to get rid of her because oriental women can't be trusted. He was implying that she was a golddigger. Later he propositioned Sterling to join him and the two beautiful Asian ladies for an evening of fun and games. Silliphant told him no thanks he was a happily married man. When he saw Lee later, Bruce told him "Man what you missed!" Sterling said "this told me something about the curious morality of the man." Now of course this is Silliphant's story and I have know idea if it's true.....

It was also written one of the bio's on Bruce, that he kept a secret file on Siliphant's wife-photos and what not, allegedy he knew her prior to Siliphant marrying her. (Apparently this is the real reason he told Sterling to "get rid of her".)

Chinatown Kid
It was also written one of the bio's on Bruce, that he kept a secret file on Siliphant's wife-photos and what not, allegedy he knew he prior to Siliphant marrying her. (Apparently this is the real reason he told Sterling to "get rid of her".)

Exactly Dragon, that info can be found in either Unsettled Matters or Fighting Spirit, can recall which at the moment. Also read that Betty Ting Pei bore a striking resemblence to Amy Sambo who was Bruce's first love in the U.S. before Linda.....

wrewdedededewdedewdedwed
This movie kinda made me mad. I highly doubt Bruce Cheated on his wife, but I do got to give it to the guy playing Bruce, I was impressed with that, but besides that Does anyone know what Linda Lee Thought of Betty? -

Which movie is that?

karaokequeen

The 1960's actress/starlet Thordis Brandt wrote about her romantic fling with Bruce Lee, after they met on the set of 'The Green Hornet' tv series.

You can read about this affair in the 2007 book: 'Glamour Girls of Sixties Hollywood', which is still available from Amazon and eBay.

http://cinebeats.blogsome.com/2007/11/04/glamour-girls-of-sixties-hollywood/

Apart from the film 'Bruce Lee and I, His Last Days and Nights' Betty has also admitted the affair on Hong Kong television and radio, and is in the process of a kiss-and-tell biography based on her side of the Bruce Lee story.

karaokequeen
Exactly Dragon, that info can be found in either Unsettled Matters or Fighting Spirit, can recall which at the moment. Also read that Betty Ting Pei bore a striking resemblence to Amy Sambo who was Bruce's first love in the U.S. before Linda.....

Both these bits of information are to be found in 'Unsettled Matters'.

Guest Markgway
Which movie is that?

The thread title is for the US dubbed release. You're better off seaching under the original title: Bruce Lee & I.

wrewdedededewdedewdedwed
The thread title is for the US dubbed release. You're better off seaching under the original title: Bruce Lee & I.

Ok thanks.

karaokequeen

Is the DVD version of this movie still available?

I notice that most Eastern DVD sites are taking pre-orders for a re-release, and I have not seen any on e-bay.

So simply is this film still available?

Guest Markgway

Is there an uncut version with the footage cut by Celestial restored?

I believe there's a couple of mins censored from the current DVD.

Yeah, it was said Betty Ting Pei "bared-all" in this flick, but from what I've seen of it, it's a body double. ... and if Celestial did vut out the good stuff, WHY?!

P.S. ...

What did Bruce see in that chick?! I mean she had a nice rack and all, but there were far more beautiful starlets in HK at that time! Ching Li, or Li Ching,:bigsmile: from Shaws, for example.

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/images/people/thumb/BloodBrothers-ChingLi_49bc570634b5058e2ed99f45b55e3bcd.jpg

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/images/people/thumb/humanliching_06a7c2ac6887351c08484bca3c20d70b.jpg

I'm pretty sure he shagged Nora Miao and Maria Yi. If he didn't, then he's no longer the legend in my book. =D

Guest Markgway

Betty used a body double to protect her integrity. :tongue:

But some of the nude stuff was cut from the DVD. :sad:

Any of the dub freaks on this forum know if the US release was uncut?

I'm pretty sure he shagged Nora Miao and Maria Yi. If he didn't, then he's no longer the legend in my book. =D

I'm with you on that!

Hey!!! Shagging The Dragon! A new tell-all book-soon to be a movie, produced by Betty Ting Pei! :xd:

Betty used a body double to protect her integrity. :tongue:

But some of the nude stuff was cut from the DVD. :sad:

Any of the dub freaks on this forum know if the US release was uncut?

I have the an Eng. dub, VHS, Bruce Lee: His Last Days, His Last Nights, with German/Dutch credits?! :neutral:

Alas, the nudity was cut from it as well.:sad:

Guest Markgway
I have the an Eng. dub, VHS, Bruce Lee: His Last Days, His Last Nights, with German/Dutch credits?! :neutral: Alas, the nudity was cut from it as well.:sad:

Bugger! Sounds like English audio was dubbed over a cut German print. Happens all too often.