PLeaseHelp me Name this Supernatrual Kung Fu Flick

runforever SHAW

runforever SHAW

Hey, everyone! I was wondering if anyone possibly knows of this movie I'm looking for. The problem is, I don't know the name of it, but I can try to describe some specific things. I saw this scene a long time ago in a documentary of "kung fu" back when I was 6 or 7 (I'm 20 now), and the scene was so different and memorable that it's stuck with me ever since, and I've been trying to find out what it is for YEARS!!!

Anyways, this movies dates anywhere from the 70s to early 80s, it's described in the documentary as "One of the first Supernatural/Occult Swordplay films".

A scene in particular I remember was a man with a katana in the dark, cautiously walking around with his sword gripped tight in both hands, then randomly, out of the blackness jumps down, a masked demon dressed all in white that laughs in a constant high pitched tone. It fights with some sort of decorated rod, while standing with only it's front towards the camera (looks like it's pressed against a narrow cliff). Suddenly the white figure gets hit, and from his back detaches his other half, which is all black with a bright red tongue that hangs down to it's chest, this one laughs with a deeper more sadistic tone. The hero ends up hitting the black half back, and defeats the white one, knocking it on it's back...

I know it's extremely vague, but this is all that it showed in the documentary, and the narrator of the documentary says the name but I don't have the VHS anymore... or even does the documentary sound familar to anyone?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Souds familliar, could be a clip in "the Deadliest Art" a really cool doc with some great scenes from Golden Harvest (and others) movies.

Reel Power Stunts

Yes indeed, sounds like "Dreadnaught". The documentary "Best of the Martial Arts" was called "Deadliest Art" in some territories.

runforever SHAW

Thanks thats the movie, and THATS THE DOCUMENTRARY !!!!!! when you said john Saxson I nearly jumped out my seat, I remeber him as the narroator THANKS A BUNCH !!!! time to go to amazon and make a purchase :)

Archived