Lee Hoi San

inframan

9 hours ago, paimeifist said:

This is awesome. I’ll definitely be checking this out later, thanks for digging this up brother.

Thanks for the video! Lee Hoi San looks shredded in those posing pics. I know our modern definition of "body builder" is skewed by the rampant use of anabolic steroids & growth hormone and while, Lee Hoi San is no Bolo Yeung, he looks like it could compete today in natty fitness tournaments with that physique. I don't see a big pot belly or sagging arms on him now, so he's obviously still in very good shape for his age.

• Like 4

Omni Dragon
On 3/26/2020 at 2:35 PM, DragonClaws said:

Your man Bey Logan was the one who described him as a bodybuider, I think it was during his Magnificent Bodyguards audio commentary?. Before I listened to that commntary, I didnt think Lee Hoi-San was a Bodybuilder. It was Logan opinion that changed my viewpoint. I'd only seen him in Tower of Death at the time. This all changed when I watched Kung Fu Genuis, and lo and behold Bey Logan was right afterall.

Odd Couple?

• Like 2

DragonClaws
13 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

Odd Couple?

I never picked up the Odd Couple DVD release containing the Audio Commentery by Logan. It was on either Magnificent Butcher or The Young Master release by Hong Kong Legend's.

Thanks for posting/up-loading that audio clip @Silver and Gold Dragon.

Edited by DragonClaws

On 3/27/2020 at 12:44 PM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

No it wasn't.

Agree on that. While strong body this vid more proof than movie roles.

• Like 1

On the subject of bodybuilders in kung fu films, anyone have any info on the background of prolific actor, Lee Chun-hua? He's been in a ton of movies and most capitalizing or highlighting his impressive physique. Probably most famous for his role as Gorilla in Drunken Master. He always caught my eye as a Bolo lite.

• Like 4

DragonClaws
3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

On the subject of bodybuilders in kung fu films, anyone have any info on the background of prolific actor, Lee Chun-hua? He's been in a ton of movies and most capitalizing or highlighting his impressive physique. Probably most famous for his role as Gorilla in Drunken Master. He always caught my eye as a Bolo lite.

2 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Weren't they workout partners or something?

He was also Bolo Yeungs body/stunt double, the picture posted by @TibetanWhiteCrane was originally posted online by Bolos eldest son David Yeung.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

I remember Lee Hoi San as the sadistic Pak Chung Tong in John Woo's Last Hurrah for Chivalry. 

Lee-Hoi-Sang-appears-as-the-villain-Pak-Chung-Tong.jpg

Edited by morpheus
  • Like 4