Kung Fu Box Sets

Gaijin84

thankyouforfu

WU-TANG CLAN PRESENTS: KUNG FU PUNISHERS on Amazon.

51DD4XbqMmL.jpg61BxuVYrssL.jpg

Includes The Stomp, 18 Fatal Strikes, and Shaolin Chastity Kung Fu.

Looks to be in fullscreen with English dubs, identical to their individual releases.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thankyouforfu

WU TANG FURY at Amazon.

$(KGrHqN,!iEE2JCwCo7(BNs9mND8LQ~~_35.JPG?set_id=89040003C1$_35.JPG

- Wu Tang Clan: Da Mystery of Kung Fu

- Legend of the Liquid Sword

- 36 Deadly Styles

- 7 Commandments of Kung Fu

Likely similar to other releases from the Wu-Tang Clan Collection, which means a mediocre fullscreen picture with English dubs.

Morgoth Bauglir

Here's the info on Wu Tang Fury-

Legend of the Liquid Sword- Chinese language and wide 1:85.

36 Deadly Styles- English dubbed and looks a little wider than 1:85.

7 Commandments- English dubbed and badly full screen, meaning it's not the worst I've seen but too much of the picture is missing for me to be comfortable with it.

Da Mystery of Kung Fu- this documentary is basically a clip show and Wu Tang (without RZA) cuts in to talk about about money and other topics. I don't remember exactly what they are talking about but I did learn that I need to do whatever it takes to get that money. The highlight is when they cut back to the Wu after showing a clip and ODB seems to be putting his pants back on.

Picture quality is decent. I might even say slightly above average. 36 Deadly Styles looks the worst of the 3 movies. I like this set a lot. Liquid Sword has Gordon Liu vs batman!

Secret Executioner

51yVpTvLHQL._SX425_.jpg

Contains 9 films on 2 DVDs:

Honor (no clue what this is, but it's said to be "from the director of Bloodsport and Kickboxer" - last time I checked, these films were directed by different people...)

One Down Two To Go

L.A. Street Fighters

Laser Mission (stars Brandon Lee)

Terminal Rush (stars Don "The Dragon" Wilson)

Fist Of Fear, Touch Of Death (one of the worst Bruceploitation movies ever)

Bruce Lee Fights Back From The Grave (Korean movie called The Stranger redubbed into a Bruceploitation and sometimes said to be directed by Umberto Lenzi)

Blind Fist Of Bruce (stars Bruce Li)

The Image Of Bruce Lee (stars Bruce Li)

Saw this very recent set (came out in October 2014) on yesasia and double-checked on amazon for more info.

Jackie Chan: The Classics (7 Discs)

Jackie Chan: The Classic collection features 6 enduring martial arts classics;

The Young Master (1980)

Project A (1983)

Police Story (1985)

Armour Of God (1986)

Project A 2 (1987)

Police Story 2 (1988)

51yVpTvLHQL._SX425_.jpg

Contains 9 films on 2 DVDs:

Honor (no clue what this is, but it's said to be "from the director of Bloodsport and Kickboxer" - last time I checked, these films were directed by different people...)

[

This was a 2006 martial arts action film. David Worth was actually the cinematographer on Bloodsport but co-directed the original Kickboxer with Mark DiSalle. This one starred Jason Barry, Russell Wong, Remy Bojansky (former K-1 Champion), Roddy Piper, Masakatsu Funaki, HIGH KICK GIRL director Fuyuhiko Nishi, Rener and Rorion Gracie, and Don Frye.

It was a mixed bag IMO when I first saw years ago. I will have to give this another view.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

sets1.png

Got these two yesterday.

Even though I believe I have seen EVERY one of these movies, its like seeing an old friend again after many years.

Paid $14.99 at FYE.

GD Y-Y

De Ming Li

Two weeks ago I went to an Asian movie store and bought this DVD, it has 10 movies most of which I believe is low budget productions, a couple of Bruceploitation ones in there and a few Japanese ones. So far I've watched Rumble in Hong Kong which casts Jackie Chan as a villain with a huge mole on his left cheek, I must say this was a really poorly made film and easily one of worst of the genre I've seen so far. Today I watched Deadly Buddhist Raiders starring Chen Kuan Tai as a long haired Japanese villain, more impressed with this one than Rumble in Hong Kong. The movies in this pack I believe are all dubbed in English which is something I don't really like as they often sound cheesy and of course things can get lost in translation. Still, I'm really interested to see what the other eight films have to offer.

post-33251-144191904677_thumb.jpg

post-33251-1441919049_thumb.jpg

Secret Executioner

Kinda liked Rumble In HK, though I gotta say it could be one of the worst Jackie Chan movies I've seen (no worse than Thunderbolt, the horrid Rush Hour trilogy or the POS Shanghai Knights films though)

Got Image Of Bruce Lee, Laser Mission and Fist Of Fear, Touch Of Death on a DVD set, but haven't seen them yet.

FOF,TOD (USA, 1980) is known as one of the worst things to come out of Bruceploitation. From what I read, it's a pseudo-documentary on Bruce Lee with re-dubbed B&W footage from a Wu Xia Pian supposedly being footage of his youth and re-dubbed Bruce Lee interviews (that were originally in English)

Laser Mission (USA/Germany/South Africa) is a 1989 Brandon Lee film (apparently it's not too bad).

IOBL (HK, 1978) is a Bruce Li movie, though I have no idea if it's any good - however, it seems to involve counterfeiters, which sounds ironic seeing the hero is a Bruce Lee-like here. :tongue:

I also have The Dragon's Showdown (HK/South Korea, early 1980s), it is a Dragon Lee movie distributed by Asso Asia Films and isn't that great (as often with this company I must say).

DragonClaws
Kinda liked Rumble In HK, though I gotta say it could be one of the worst Jackie Chan movies I've seen (no worse than Thunderbolt, the horrid Rush Hour trilogy or the POS Shanghai Knights films though)

Got Image Of Bruce Lee, Laser Mission and Fist Of Fear, Touch Of Death on a DVD set, but haven't seen them yet.

FOF,TOD (USA, 1980) is known as one of the worst things to come out of Bruceploitation. From what I read, it's a pseudo-documentary on Bruce Lee with re-dubbed B&W footage from a Wu Xia Pian supposedly being footage of his youth and re-dubbed Bruce Lee interviews (that were originally in English)

Laser Mission (USA/Germany/South Africa) is a 1989 Brandon Lee film (apparently it's not too bad).

IOBL (HK, 1978) is a Bruce Li movie, though I have no idea if it's any good - however, it seems to involve counterfeiters, which sounds ironic seeing the hero is a Bruce Lee-like here. :tongue:

I also have The Dragon's Showdown (HK/South Korea, early 1980s), it is a Dragon Lee movie distributed by Asso Asia Films and isn't that great (as often with this company I must say).

Fist Of Fear, Touch Of Death is the worst of the set GHW. Image Of Bruce Lee isn't too bad and also stars Han Ying Chieh, Wei Pin-Ao & Bolo Yeung. The film features a dodgy cover of Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song during one sequence. Ive not watched Laser Mission for year's so cant really comment on it much. The version I owned was called Solider Of Fortune.

Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike - 12 Movie Collection on Amazon.

6544711.JPG

Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1

Number of discs: 3

Studio: Mill Creek Entertainment

DVD Release Date: June 17, 2014

Run Time: 1039 minutes

Which movies on this set are fullscreen/widescreen? Subbed/dubbed? Thanks.

BlurayStation3

I just ordered the Iron Fist Frenzy 50-pack (better than buying each of the smaller 12-pack sets) and Drive-In Cult Cinema 200-pack (seems to contain nearly all of the Martial Arts 50-pack films, plus 150 other films). I also got:

Dragon Dynasty 5 Movie Collection

0001313263632_500X500.jpg

Contains Born To Defense, The Defender, The Legend 2, Once Upon A Time In China And America, and From Beijing With Love.

Released on October 6th 2015.

I didn't even know Dragon Dynasty was still around. I think their last release was in 2012? I just found out about that set while looking for the other two. 

Secret Executioner

I just ordered the Iron Fist Frenzy 50-pack (better than buying each of the smaller 12-pack sets) and Drive-In Cult Cinema 200-pack (seems to contain nearly all of the Martial Arts 50-pack films, plus 150 other films). I also got:

Dragon Dynasty 5 Movie Collection

0001313263632_500X500.jpg

Contains Born To Defense, The Defender, The Legend 2, Once Upon A Time In China And America, and From Beijing With Love.

Released on October 6th 2015.

I didn't even know Dragon Dynasty was still around. I think their last release was in 2012? I just found out about that set while looking for the other two. 

How are the films in this ? I remember not being thrilled by the plot of Born to Defense, but I don't think I heard of the others (save OUATICAA).

BlurayStation3

I picked up this last week at FYE.  Luckily they have Cantonese tracks.

Are they anamorphic? Do they have any extras?

I used to have Born to Defense and The Defender in a crappy Videoasia set and the US version of The Legend 2 only dubbed.

How are the films in this ? I remember not being thrilled by the plot of Born to Defense, but I don't think I heard of the others (save OUATICAA).

The Legend 2 is Fong Sai Yuk 2 (1993), it's quite good, though I think Fong Sai Yuk (1993) is better.   From Beijing With Love (1994) is an hilarious Stephen Chow spy/Bond spoof.

While reading through this thread, it came to my attention, that the Kung Fu Movie box-set is getting rarer?. The last bootleg collection I recall hearing about on the forums, was the MillCreek Horror inspired set.

Have I just been missing some of the more recent box-set releases, or are companys simply not releasing them as much now?.

54604_3l.png

On 12/25/2014 at 5:35 PM, QueMuchita said:

Jackie Chan: The Classics (7 Discs)

Jackie Chan: The Classic collection features 6 enduring martial arts classics;

The Young Master (1980)

Project A (1983)

Police Story (1985)

Armour Of God (1986)

Project A 2 (1987)

Police Story 2 (1988)

Anyone know if these are all the HKL versions?

Not sure if this one have already been posted as some pics are not showing.

IVL 8 DVD set.

e63pna.jpg  6704s0.jpg

Not sure if this one have already been posted as some pics are not showing.

IVL 8 DVD set.

e63pna.jpg  6704s0.jpg

This is an awesome set! I still need to get Executioners from Shaolin, 5 Shaolin Masters, and Martial Arts of Shaolin!  Where did you find this?

Archived