Kung Fu Box Sets

Gaijin84

thankyouforfu

Could someone give me some information on this supposed RARESCOPE box set DVD release?

It looks like most if not all these films made their way onto the Flicks with Kicks box set (which is fantastic, btw).

However, I've seen the box set pictured below on multiple sites yet no one has a copy in stock.

Is this just like the Flicks with Kicks 2 box set that was cancelled? Any information at all would be appreciated. Thanks!

BT-YYB1-787364771097.jpg

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin swords

I just saw one on amazon.com for $140 that was instock if your interested but I doubt no one is going to buy it for that price

Could someone give me some information on this supposed RARESCOPE box set DVD release?

It looks like most if not all these films made their way onto the Flicks with Kicks box set (which is fantastic, btw).

However, I've seen the box set pictured below on multiple sites yet no one has a copy in stock.

Is this just like the Flicks with Kicks 2 box set that was cancelled? Any information at all would be appreciated. Thanks!

BT-YYB1-787364771097.jpg

thankyouforfu
I just saw one on amazon.com for $140 that was instock if your interested but I doubt no one is going to buy it for that price

I emailed that person asking for pictures and to no one's surprise, HE CAN'T FIND IT.

Personally, I think it was never released, much like Flicks With Kicks 2. I think it was probably just absorbed into the Flicks pack and the Kung Fu Theater 20-Pack and perhaps what might have come out later if Rarescope hasn't folded.

thankyouforfu

I have to say that one of the best box sets I've ever purchased is the Eastern Heroes Collection Volume 1, as it contains:

- Snake Deadly Act

- Unbeaten 28

- World of Drunken Master

- 7 Commandments of Kung Fu

- Drunken Arts and Crippled Fist

I bought mine on ebay HERE by making an offer of $6 (free shipping)! The guy has more than 10 available and they are brand new! For $6, this is a major MAJOR score, as they're selling on Amazon for $25 or so, and individual DVDs cost like $10. I highly recommend you guys purchase this set ASAP, as Snake Deadly Act is worth the price of admission alone ($6!).

masterofoneinchpunch
I emailed that person asking for pictures and to no one's surprise, HE CAN'T FIND IT.

Personally, I think it was never released, much like Flicks With Kicks 2. I think it was probably just absorbed into the Flicks pack and the Kung Fu Theater 20-Pack and perhaps what might have come out later if Rarescope hasn't folded.

Warning speculation ahead:

I've been thinking about this and I think Morgoth might be right. I had bought all the Rarescopes as single editions so a set like that would not have interested me. But I seem to recall a set (mainly a flimsy box, much like the Best Buy exclusive for the Midnite Movies; I go to Best Buy a lot so I remember a lot of what I have seen there) which boxed those releases together.

Let's look at the release dates:

The Lost Swordship: February 14, 2006

Showdown at the Cottonmill: February 14, 2006

The Face Behind the Mask: May 23, 2006

NInjas and Dragons: May 23, 2006

So it would make sense that a box set would come with those four. But my memory may be playing tricks on me.

The Flicks with Kicks came out in April 22, 2008 (I have the Best Buy exclusive Rarescope and Kung Fu Theater 20 movie collection). This set would have made the four set obsolete. So I'm thinking that it either came out like I mentioned earlier or it was thought of and then ignored.

Here is a CDUniverse link on the boxset. Notice that the release date on the Amazon link states: March 13, 2007.

I like how overstock.com has it for sale available in 2037.

thankyouforfu
Warning speculation ahead:

The Flicks with Kicks came out in April 22, 2008 (I have the Best Buy exclusive Rarescope and Kung Fu Theater 20 movie collection). This set would have made the four set obsolete. So I'm thinking that it either came out like I mentioned earlier or it was thought of and then ignored.

Yeah, it seems as if their box sets essentially made most of their individual releases obsolete.

They had at least 3 box sets (one being Flicks With Kicks) that included 10 of their individual releases.

You mentioned the 20 Movie Collection, and there's also Rarescope Volume 1.

5181pJkP-dL._SS500_.jpg

61VaONz092L._SL500_SX300_.jpg

Kicks With Flicks contained 10 films, and shared about half of those films with Volume 1.

Volume 1 in its entirety was included in the Kung Fu Theater 20 Movie Collection.

Thus, since they put out roughly 16 of their individual releases as part of box sets, it seems unlikely that they ever made a separate box set for just those 4 releases (The Lost Swordship; Showdown at the Cottonmill; The Face Behind the Mask; & Ninjas and Dragons).

I have to say that one of the best box sets I've ever purchased is the Eastern Heroes Collection Volume 1, as it contains:

- Snake Deadly Act

- Unbeaten 28

- World of Drunken Master

- 7 Commandments of Kung Fu

- Drunken Arts and Crippled Fist

What's the A/V quality like for this set? I'm sure I've seen this one before, but I can't remember...

thankyouforfu
What's the A/V quality like for this set? I'm sure I've seen this one before, but I can't remember...

The Easter Heroes Collection is in widescreen and is English dubbed (so far, as I haven't watched all 5 films yet). The audio is very good (as in clear and you don't have to turn the volume up all the way to hear it). The video is solid, and I'd rate it a 7 out of 10, with Celestial being a 10 and VideoAsia being about a 4 most of the time. The picture here is clear, though occasionally dark, but this is absolutely watchable and enjoyable to say the least. I would go to Amazon to check out the exact specifics, but again, you really can't beat the price, especially if you check out the ebay link I posted. I had originally looked to buy Snake Deadly Act by itself, but it was selling for around $15 on its own, so I bought this box set for $6 total and I couldn't be happier.

Overall, I'd rate the A/V an 8/7 compared to a beautiful Celestial print, but if you were to compare it to the tons of kung fu films most of us have watched that include crappy prints, bootlegs and whatnot, I'd rate it a 10/9.

*Note: I went and checked out some of the Amazon reviews for World of Drunken Master, as I'm currently watching it at the moment, and people complained that the Eastern Heroes (Ground Zero) version is fullscreen. However, I am watching it in widescreen, though when I mess with the format I can understand where they're coming from, because it's fullscreen in "auto" but the picture is clearly smooshed together in 4:3... Point being, it looks fantastic in 16:9 so I can't fathom what exactly they're talking about. I guess it's possible that if you have an older TV that does not allow you to change the format, the film might be in 4:3, but again I'm currently watching it in widescreen.

thankyouforfu

This would have been cool if it had been released:

Shaw Brother's Triple Threat

14 Amazons, Shaolin Hand Lock, Opium and the Kung-Fu Master

B003WVJ63G.jpg

Found here.

thankyouforfu

Found on Amazon:

Iron Fist Frenzy - 50 Movie Collection

Ironfist-209x300.png

Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1

Number of discs: 13

Studio: Mill Creek Entertainment

DVD Release Date: June 10, 2014

Run Time: 4362 minutes

"Taken from mill creek's website listing for their 100 pack of martial arts movies.

The titles from the previously released Martial Arts 50 movie pack have been removed.

Titles in brackets indicate that the movies are also found on the set of that name from Mill Creek Entertainment."

• Big Boss 2 (1978) <Great Impersonators 12 Movie Collection>

• Blind Warrior (1987) [Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike 12 movie set]

• Bravest Fist (1974) [Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike 12 movie set]

• Bruce: King of Kung Fu (1982) <Great Impersonators 12 Movie Collection>

• Bruce vs. Iron Hand (1979) <Great Impersonators 12 Movie Collection>

• The Cavalier (1978) {Kickin' it Shaolin Style: 12 Movie Set }

• The Challenger (1980) [Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike 12 movie set]

• Crane Fighter (1979) *Flying Fists of Kung Fu: 12 Movie Set*

• Crazy Couple (1979) <Great Impersonators 12 Movie Collection>

• Crazy Horse, Intelligent Monkey (1982) *Flying Fists of Kung Fu: 12 Movie Set*

• Drunken Tai Chi (1984) *Flying Fists of Kung Fu: 12 Movie Set*

• Dynamite Shaolin Heroes (1977) {Kickin' it Shaolin Style: 12 Movie Set }

• Enter the Game of Death (1978) <Great Impersonators 12 Movie Collection>

• 18 Fatal Strikes (1978) *Flying Fists of Kung Fu: 12 Movie Set*

• 18 Shaolin Riders (1980) {Kickin' it Shaolin Style: 12 Movie Set }

• Fist From Shaolin (1993) {Kickin' it Shaolin Style: 12 Movie Set }

• 5 Kung Fu Daredevil Heroes (1977) [Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike 12 movie set]

• Five Pattern Dragon Claws (1983) *Flying Fists of Kung Fu: 12 Movie Set*

• Great Hunter (1975) <Great Impersonators 12 Movie Collection>

• Heroes Tears (1979) [Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike 12 movie set]

• Kingfisher the Killer (1981) [Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike 12 movie set]

• Kung Fu Genius (1980) <Great Impersonators 12 Movie Collection>

• Kung Fu Warrior (1980) <Great Impersonators 12 Movie Collection>

• The Magnificent (1979) {Kickin' it Shaolin Style: 12 Movie Set }

• Mantis Under Falcon’s Claws (1983) *Flying Fists of Kung Fu: 12 Movie Set*

• Marvelous Stunts of Kung Fu (1979) <Great Impersonators 12 Movie Collection>

• Mighty 4 (1980) [Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike 12 movie set]

• Mission for the Dragon (1981) <Great Impersonators 12 Movie Collection>

• Ninja Avenger (1982) [Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike 12 movie set]

• Nine Deaths of the Ninja (1985) EXPLOSIVE CINEMA 12 MOVIE SET

• Ninja Fists Of Fire (1974) *Flying Fists of Kung Fu: 12 Movie Set*

• Phantom Kung Fu (1979) *Flying Fists of Kung Fu: 12 Movie Set*

• Rage of Wind (1973) [Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike 12 movie set]

• Rebel Of Shaolin (1977) {Kickin' it Shaolin Style: 12 Movie Set }

• Return of the Red Tiger (1978) <Great Impersonators 12 Movie Collection>

• Ring of Death (1980) [Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike 12 movie set]

• Scorpion (1986)

• 7 Steps Of Kung Fu (1979) *Flying Fists of Kung Fu: 12 Movie Set*

• Shaolin Brothers (1977) {Kickin' it Shaolin Style: 12 Movie Set }

• Shaolin Death Squad (1977) {Kickin' it Shaolin Style: 12 Movie Set }

• Shaolin Invincible Guys (1978) {Kickin' it Shaolin Style: 12 Movie Set }

• Shaolin Kung Fu (1974) {Kickin' it Shaolin Style: 12 Movie Set }

• Shaolin Super Dragon (1982) {Kickin' it Shaolin Style: 12 Movie Set }

• Showdown at the Equator (1978) <Great Impersonators 12 Movie Collection>

• Stranger from Shaolin (1981) {Kickin' it Shaolin Style: 12 Movie Set }

• Tai Chi Shadow Boxing (1979) *Flying Fists of Kung Fu: 12 Movie Set*

• Tiger At The Top (1975) *Flying Fists of Kung Fu: 12 Movie Set*

• Triple Impact (1992) [Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike 12 movie set]

• Woman Avenger (1980) [Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike 12 movie set]

• Wu Tang Magic Kick (1977) *Flying Fists of Kung Fu: 12 Movie Set*

thankyouforfu

100 Greatest Martial Arts Classics Collection on Amazon.

[100 Greatest Martial Arts Collection is a cardboard sleeve with the new Iron Fist Frenzy collection and the previous Martial Arts 50 Pack.]

616DKEaOzNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Number of discs: 26

DVD Release Date: June 10, 2014

Run Time: 8585 minutes

Includes:

• Big Boss 2 (1978)

• The Big Fight (1972)

• Black Cobra (1987)

• Black Cobra 2 (1988)

• Black Cobra 3 (1990)

• Black Fist (1975)

• The Black Godfather (1974)

• Blind Warrior (1987)

• The Brave Lion (1978)

• Bravest Fist (1974)

• Breakout from Oppression (1978)

• Bruce: King of Kung Fu (1982)

• Bruce vs. Iron Hand (1979)

• The Cavalier (1978)

• The Challenger (1980)

• Chase Step by Step (1974)

• City Ninja (1986)

• Crane Fighter (1979)

• Crazy Couple (1979)

• Crazy Horse, Intelligent Monkey (1982)

• Day of the Panther (1988)

• Deadly Duo (1971)

• Drunken Tai Chi (1984)

• Dynamite Shaolin Heroes (1977)

• Enter the Game of Death (1978)

• 18 Fatal Strikes (1978)

• 18 Shaolin Riders (1980)

• Fighting Mad (1971)

• Fist From Shaolin (1993)

• 5 Kung Fu Daredevil Heroes (1977)

• Five Pattern Dragon Claws (1983)

• Four Robbers (1987)

• Four Shaolin Challengers (1977)

• Great Hunter (1975)

• The Guy from Harlem (1977)

• The Guy with the Secret Kung Fu (1981)

• Hands of Death (1974)

• The Head Hunter (1982)

• Heroes of Shaolin Part 1 (1979)

• Heroes of Shaolin Part 2 (1979)

• Heroes Tears (1979)

• Image of Bruce Lee (1978)

• The Impossible Kid (1982)

• Infernal Street (1973)

• Jive Turkey (1974)

• Karate Kids USA (1980)

• Kingfisher the Killer (1981)

• Kung Fu Arts (1978)

• Kung Fu Genius (1980)

• Kung Fu Kids Break Away (1980)

• Kung Fu Warrior (1980)

• The Magnificent (1979)

• Mantis Under Falcon s Claws (1983)

• Marvelous Stunts of Kung Fu (1979)

• The Master: Max (1978)

• The Master: Out of Time Step (1978)

• Mighty 4 (1980)

• Mission for the Dragon (1981)

• Ninja Avenger (1982)

• Ninja Champion (1985)

• Ninja Death I (1987)

• Ninja Death II (1987)

• Ninja Death III (1987)

• Nine Deaths of the Ninja (1985)

• Ninja Empire (1990)

• Ninja Fists Of Fire (1974)

• Ninja Heat (1988)

• Ninja: The Protector (1986)

• Phantom Kung Fu (1979)

• Rage of Wind (1973)

• The Real Bruce Lee (1973)

• Rebel Of Shaolin (1977)

• Return of the Kung Fu Dragon (1976)

• Return of the Red Tiger (1978)

• Return of the Street Fighter (1975)

• Ring of Death (1980)

• Scorpion (1986)

• 7 Steps Of Kung Fu (1979)

• Shadow Ninja (1983)

• Shaolin Brothers (1977)

• Shaolin Deadly Kicks (1977)

• Shaolin Death Squad (1977)

• Shaolin Invincible Guys (1978)

• Shaolin Kung Fu (1974)

• Shaolin Super Dragon (1982)

• Shaolin Temple (1976)

• Showdown at the Equator (1978)

• Snake Fist Dynamo (1974)

• The Snake, The Tiger, The Crane (1975)

• Spirits of Bruce Lee (1973)

• Stranger from Shaolin (1981)

• The Street Fighter (1974)

• Tai Chi Shadow Boxing (1979)

• Tiger At The Top (1975)

• Tiger Love (1977)

• TNT Jackson (1974)

• Triple Impact (1992)

• Weapons of Death (1981)

• Woman Avenger (1980)

• Wu Tang Magic Kick (1977)

First mentioned here.

thankyouforfu

The Great Impersonators - 12 Movie Collection on Amazon.

683904533821.jpg

Number of discs: 3

DVD Release Date: June 17, 2014

Run Time: 1042 minutes

CONTENTS:

• Big Boss 2 (1978)
    Dragon Lee stars in his greatest film role. Joining him are Bolo Yeung and Philip Ko in this no-holds-barred martial arts classic!

• Bruce: King of Kung Fu (1982)
    A semi-biography of the young Bruce Lee striving to perfect his power, ability and agility all while being threatened by his jealous peers.

• Bruce vs. Iron Hand (1979)
    Inspector Bruce is stationed in Hong Kong, his mission is to track down the thieves who stole the missing Bhudda pendant.

• Crazy Couple (1979)
    Joe is on his way to White Cloud Hill to learn kung-fu from Mun the Invincible. After his arrival he is assigned to take care of his Chiao s lunatic daughter.

• Enter the Game of Death (1978)
    It's approaching World War 2 and China is suspecting invasion from Germany and Japan. Mr. Ang is hired by a Chinese group who are after a secret document.

• Great Hunter (1975)
    The leader of a local town militia is killed just before his militia is about to be adopted into the government force. Fortunately, Wu Ching and his assistant Chu Chin, catch the leader of the hit squad.

• Kung Fu Genius (1980)
    Cliff Lok is the kung fu genius, a master of all styles of martial arts. On the suggestion of his friend Chen Kang Yip he decides to open a school, but runs into conflict with Chan Lung's Spiritual Boxing gym.

• Kung Fu Warrior (1980)
    When a kung fu warrior is besieged on all sides by mortal enemies looking to hasten his death, he must place his faith in the Golden Monkey King Fu style to live to see another day.

• Marvelous Stunts of Kung Fu (1979)
    The stars are cast as a gorgeous woman, a mystic and a kung-fu expert. They team up to form a united front when an insidious empire threatens the wellbeing of the land they love.

• Mission for the Dragon (1981)
    Dragon Lee is a student training in the Strike Rock Fist style of Kung Fu when he learns that his father has disappeared and goes to look for him. What he finds is cold-blooded murder.

• Return of the Red Tiger (1978)
    Arch-enemy fighter gangs clash when they're both after the same goods. To the rescue comes hero-fighter Bruce Le, whose mastery of the martial-arts fighting style called "The Tiger" is employed.

• Showdown at the Equator (1978)
    An undercover detective uses a restaurant targeted for harassment by a criminal gang to infiltrate the gang and arrest its members.

First mentioned here.

thankyouforfu

Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike - 12 Movie Collection on Amazon.

6544711.JPG

Run Time: 1039 minutes

CONTENTS:

• Blind Warrior (1987)
    A psychopathic and brutal Indonesian despot terrorizes and exploits the rural population. The cruel warlord demands sacrifices from the villagers, slaughtering them when they don t meet his demands.

• The Bravest Fist (1974)
    After intimidating numerous towns and bulling the residents, Chan Wai Man goes on a fierce attack against the Martial thugs responsible.

• The Challenger (1980)
    The mysterious fighter Kam Ching Hung turns up at several martial arts schools and challenges leaders to duels, apparently with no discernible motive.

• Five Kung Fu Daredevil Heroes (1977)
    The heroes pose as gun dealers and acrobats in order to get close to the bad guys so they can avenge the death of one of their brothers. In the end, they lock the bad guys in a warehouse for a final battle to the death!

• A Hero's Tears (1979)
    Fu Sheng plays the son of a man who is destined to die at the hands of a man carrying a sword with a teardrop design forged into its blade. He believes that if he carries the sword then his father won't die.

• Kingfisher the Killer (1981)
    A violent nightclub owner wants his partner disposed of, in order to have complete control of the club. Willing to fight for power, the two engage in a series of action packed arguments.

• The Mighty Four (1980)
    Casanova is the son of a murdered warrior who has been groomed as a killing machine from birth and now is the time to unleash the beast!

• Ninja Avenger (1982)
    Authentic and unseen techniques are revealed for the first time as a Lady Ninja trained to seduce and kill her prey takes on a personal mission of revenge in the blood-spattered epic

• The Rage of Wind (1973)
    Japanese occupation of China breeds an ill wind which stirs the wrath of China's greatest Kung-Fu killers.

• Ring of Death (1980) (aka Bastard of Kung Fu)
    A tale of an underdog mistreated by his family is given kung-fu instruction from an unlikely source and takes on foreign champions.

• Triple Impact (1992)
    This adventure takes you from the backstreets of America where brutal, full-contact blood-matches are staged by illegal gambling syndicates from the jungles of Asia.

• Woman Avenger (1980)
    An abused woman's journey from near-death to kung fu expert, helped along the way by a merciful Abbess and a crippled orphan.

First mentioned here.

thankyouforfu

I believe these were mentioned at some point earlier in this thread, but I'll add them here as well just for simplicity's sake, as the sister sets are listed above.

Kickin' It Shaolin Style - 12 Movie Set at Amazon.

Aspect Ratio: 1.77:1

DVD Release Date: July 16, 2013

Run Time: 1100 minutes

CONTENTS:

• Dynamite Shaolin Heroes (1977) Fullscreen

• Shaolin Invincible Guys (1978) Fullscreen

• The Cavalier (1978) Fullscreen

• 18 Shaolin Riders (1980)

• Stranger from Shaolin(1981) Widescreen

• Shaolin Kung Fu (1974) Widescreen

• Fist From Shaolin (1993) Fullscreen

• Shaolin Brothers (1977) Fullscreen

• Rebel Of Shaolin (1977) Fullscreen

• Shaolin Death Squad (1977) Widescreen

• Shaolin Super Dragon (1982) Fullscreen

• The Magnificent (1979) Fullscreen

sets.png

Flying Fists of Kung Fu - 12 Movie Set on Amazon.

Aspect Ratio: 1.77:1

DVD Release Date: July 16, 2013

Run Time: 1100 minutes

INCLUDES:

• 7 Steps Of Kung Fu (1979) WIDESCREEN

• Ninja Fists Of Fire (1974) FULLSCREEN

• 18 Fatal Strikes (1978) FULLSCREEN

• 5 Pattern Dragon Claws (1983) FULLSCREEN

• Crane Fighter (1979) FULLSCREEN

• Wu Tang Magic Kick (1977) WIDESCREEN (horrible audio track)

• Tiger At The Top (1975) WIDESCREEN

• Tai Chi Shadow Boxing (1979) FULLSCREEN

• Drunken Tai Chi (1984) WIDESCREEN (best image quality of the set maybe)

• Crazy Horse, Intelligent Monkey (1982) WIDESCREEN cropped at top and bottom

• Phantom Kung Fu (1979) FULLSCREEN

• Mantis Under Falcon s Claws (1983) FULLSCREEN

thankyouforfu

I'll probably pick up the 100 Greatest Martial Arts Classics Collection, as it contains almost all the films from the box sets Kickin' It Shaolin Style, Flying Fists of Kung Fu, The Great Impersonators, and Way of the 5 Finger Death Strike (and of course all the films from Iron Fist Frenzy). A hundred films for about $25 ain't bad.

thankyouforfu

Martial Arts Movie Marathon on Amazon.

cover.jpg

Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1

Number of discs: 2

Studio: Shout! Factory

DVD Release Date: May 20, 2014

Run Time: 360 minutes

"This 2 DVD set contains 4 films from the famed Golden Harvest studio. All are remastered (by Fortune Star) & widescreen (2.35:1), with original Mandarin language OR English dubs. 3 of the 4 movies feature early choreography and appearances by the magnificent Sammo Hung. Carter Wong stars in 2 of them and has a particularly interesting cameo in a 3rd."

INCLUDES:

• The Skyhawk
  • The Manchu Boxer (aka: Bonecrushers; Masters of Martial Arts)
  • The Dragon Tamers
  • The Association (aka: Operation Ironman)

&

Martial Arts Movie Marathon, Vol. 2 on Amazon.

Jacket.aspx?&userID=NYPL49807&password=CC68707&Value=826663151541&content=L&Return=1&Type=L

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1

DVD Release Date: August 19, 2014

INCLUDES:

• The Fate Of Lee Khan
  • Shaolin Boxers
  • The Young Dragons
  • The Shaolin Plot

thankyouforfu

The Angela Mao Ying Collection on Amazon.

cover.jpg

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1

Run Time: 600 minutes

INCLUDES:

• WHEN TAEKWONDO STRIKES (1973)
  • THE TOURNAMENT (1974)
  • STONER (1974)
  • THE HIMALAYAN (1976)
  • A QUEEN S RANSOM (1976)
  • BROKEN OATH (1977)

thankyouforfu

To be released on November 18, 2014:

The Jimmy Wang Yu Collection on Amazon.

51ac9bL9gJL.jpg

Format: Multiple Formats, NTSC, Widescreen

DVD Release Date: November 18, 2014

INCLUDES:

• ONE-ARMED BOXER (1972)

• THE TATTOOED DRAGON (1973)

• BEACH OF THE WAR GODS (1973)

• MAN CALLED TIGER (1973)

thankyouforfu

I was browsing Amazon and stumbled upon a box set I hadn't seen before, and looking through the titles on the first page I don't think it's listed here.

Kung Fu Collection (2009 4-disc DVD Set)

81Hxgp6LMsL._SL400_.jpg91NKg3C5XzL._SL400_.jpg

Disc 1: Fists of Fury; The Chinese Connection (Bruce Lee)

Disc 2: The Tattoo Connection (Jim Kelly); Jackie Chan & the 36 Crazy Fists; The Crippled Masters (Frankie Shum)

Disc 3: The Punch of Death (Meng Fei); Image Of Bruce Lee (Bruce Li); Dragon Lee vs Five Brothers

Disc 4: The Street Fighter; Return of the Street Fighter (Sonny Chiba)

Tacitus Jones

I picked these up at Walmart. I haven't seen them anyplace else, so I'm guessing they're an exclusive Well Go has with Walmart? They are the individual movies wrapped in a thin cardboard/paper sleeve. They were $12.88 a piece, and I didn't have any of the titles, so I thought they were a bargain

53363-0081249101544.jpg

Warrior Pack 1: Triple Feature - The Assassins / The Assassin's Blade / The Guillotines

DVD Special Features: "The Assassins" and "The Guillotines" are Presented in the Original Mandarin Audio with English Subtitles and Dubbed English Audio; "The Assassin's Blade" is Presented in Cantonese Audio Only, with English Subtitles

Other Special Features: Languages: Mandarin, Cantonese and English; Subtitles: English

53363-0081249101545.jpg

Warrior Pack 2: Triple Feature - Tai Chi Zero / Tai Chi Hero / Muay Thai Warrior

DVD Special Features: "Tai Chi Zero" and "Tai Chi Hero" are Presented in the Original Mandarin Audio with English Subtitles and Dubbed English Audio; "Muay Thai Warrior" is Presented in Thai and Japanese with English Subtitles

Other Special Features: Languages: Mandarin, Japanese, Thai and English; Subtitles: English

thankyouforfu
61NM2JMCQQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ten Brothers of Shaolin (1979) - Fullscreen, dubbed

Matching Escort (1982) [Fury of the Silver Fox] - Fullscreen, dubbed

The Revenger (1980) [shaolin Revenger] - Fullscreen, dubbed

Shaolin Monk Fights Back (1980) [The Wandering Monk] - Fullscreen, dubbed

247513.jpg

Dreaming Fists with Slender Hands (1979) - Fullscreen, dubbed

Duel with the Devils (1977) - Fullscreen, dubbed

The Fast Sword (1971) - there is a FS dubbed and WS subbed version... not sure which this is

Fatal Needles Vs. Fatal Fists (1978) - Fullscreen, dubbed

Actually not sure if this was ever released... lots of references but none for actual sale. All 4 films were released individually though. If someone actually owns this please let me know.

Man, I really wanted to buy the Red Mantis Collection, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I searched everywhere and then found out that it was cancelled (i.e. never released), as was the Silver Sword Collection.

Here's the link. The website seems like it could be a valuable tool for finding out what ended up not making it to shelves. I'll have to dig further through the list at some later point, as I'm pretty sure I've been searching for a couple cancelled items all this time...

thankyouforfu

Drive-In Cult Cinema Collection box set from Mill Creek Entertainment.

683904111616-2.jpg

Format: Multiple Formats, Box set, Black & White, Color, NTSC

Language: English

Region: Region 1

Number of discs: 50

Rated: R (Restricted)

DVD Release Date: December 3, 2013

Run Time: 17432 minutes

Absolution (1978) Richard Burton – African Safari (1968) Ron Shanin – Alien Contamination (1981) Ian McCulloch – Alien Species (1996) Charles Napier – Alien Zone (1978) John Ericson – All the Kind Strangers (1974) Stacy Keach – Almost Hollywood (1994) India Allen – The Alpha Incident (1977) Ralph Meeker – Atomic Rulers of the World (1964) Ken Utsui – The Babysitter (1969) Patricia Wymer – The Beach Girls (1982) Debra Blee – Beast from Haunted Cave (1959) Michael Forrest – Best Friends (1975) Richard Hatch – The Big Fight (1972) Roc Tien – Black Cobra (1987) Fred Williamson – Black Cobra 2 (1988) Fred Williamson – Black Cobra 3 (1990) Fred Williamson – Black Fist (1975) Richard Lawson – The Black Godfather (1974) Rod Perry – Black Hooker (1974) Sandra Alexander – Blood Mania (1970) Peter Carpenter – Blood of Dracula's Castle (1969) John Carradine – Bloodlust (1959) Robert Reed – Blue Money (1972) Alain Patrick – Brain Twisters (1991) Terry Londeree – The Brave Lion (1978) Wei Tzi Yung – Breakout from Oppression (1978) Lona Chang – Burnout (1979) Mark Schneider – Carnival of Crime (1962) Jean-Pierre Aumont – Cave Girl (1985) Daniel Roebuck – Chain Gang Women (1972) Barbara Mills – Chase Step by Step (1982) Chee Kung – Cindy and Donna (1971) Debbie Osborne – City Ninja (1986) Michael Chan – Click: The Calendar Girl Killer (1990) Troy Donahue – Coach (1978) Cathy Lee Crosby – Count Dracula and His Vampire Bride (1974) Christopher Lee – Counterblast (1948) Robert Beatty – Country Blue (1973) Dub Taylor – The Crater Lake Monster (1977) Richard Cardella – Craze (1974) Jack Palance – The Creeping Terror (1964) Vic Savage – Dangerous Charter (1962) Chris Warfield – Day of the Panther (1988) Edward John Stazak – The Day the Sky Exploded (1958) Paul Huschmid – Deadly Duo (1971) David Chiang – Death Machines (1976) Ron Marchini – Death Rage (1976) Yul Brynner – Death Riders (1976) Bud Boerma – Death Warmed Up (1984) Michael Hurst – Deathrow Gameshow (1987) John McCafferty – The Devil's Hand (1962) Robert Alda – The Disappearance of Flight 412 (1974) Glenn Ford – Don't Look in the Basement (1973) Rosie Holotik – Doomsday Machine (1972) Grant Williams – Embryo (1976) Rock Hudson – End of the World (1977) Christopher Lee – Escape From Hell Island (1963) Mark Stevens – Eternal Evil (1985) Winston Rekert – Evil Brain From Outer Space (1956) Ken Utsui – Fighting Mad (1978) Leon Isaac Kennedy – The Firing Line (1991) Reb Brown – Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe (1940) Buster Crabbe – Fleshburn (1984) Steve Kanaly – Four Robbers (1987) Shek Hon – The Four Shaolin Challengers (1977) Bruce Leung – French Quarter (1978) Virginia Mayo – The Fury of the Wolf Man (1972) Paul Naschy – Galaxina (1980) Dorothy Stratten – Going Steady (1979) Yftach Katzur – Good Against Evil (1977) Dack Rambo – The Guy from Harlem (1977) Loye Hawkins – The Guy with the Secret Kung Fu (1981) Meng Fei – Hands of Death (1987) Roc Tien – The Head Hunter (1983) Chow Yun Fat – The Hearse (1980) Trish Van Devere – Hell on Wheels (1967) Marty Robbins – The Hellcats (1967) Ross Hagen – Horror High (1974) Pat Cardi – Horror of the Zombies (1974) Maria Perschy – The Hostage (1967) Harry Dean Stanton – Hot Target (1985) Simone Griffeth – House of the Living Dead (1973) Mark Burns – Hunk (1987) John Allen Nelson – Hustler Squad (1976) Lynda Sinclaire – I Eat Your Skin (1964) William Joyce – I Wonder Who's Killing Her Now? (1976) Bob Dishy – Idaho Transfer (1973) Keith Carradine – Image of Bruce Lee (1978) Bruce Li – The Impossible Kid (1982) Weng-Weng – In Hot Pursuit (1977) Bob Watson – Indian Paint (1965) Johnny Crawford – Infernal Street (1973) Yiu Tin-Lung – Invasion of the Bee Girls (1973) William Smith – Iron Angel (1964) Jim Davis – The Island Monster (1954) Boris Karloff – Jive Turkey (1974) Paul Harris – Jocks (1986) Scott Strader – Karate Kids USA (1980) Charles Lane – Katie's Passion (1975) Rutger Hauer – The Kidnapping of the President (1980) William Shatner – Killpoint (1984) Richard Roundtree – Kung Fu Arts (1980) Carter Wong – Kung Fu Kids Break Away (1980) Wang Ye Leung – Land of the Minotaur (1976) Donald Pleasence – Las Vegas Lady (1975) Stella Stevens – Lena's Holiday (1991) Felicity Waterman – Liar's Moon (1982) Matt Dillon – Little Laura and Big John (1973) Karen Black – Low Blow (1986) Cameron Mitchell – Lurkers (1988) Christine Moore – Mad Dog (1977) Helmut Berger – Madmen of Mandoras (1963) Walter Stocker – Malibu Beach (1978) Kim Lankford – Manhunt in Space (1954) Richard Crane – The Manipulator (1971) Mickey Rooney – Medusa (1973) George Hamilton – The Mistress of Atlantis (1932) Brigitte Helm – Moon of the Wolf (1972) David Janssen – The Murder Mansion (1972) Evelyn Stewart – My Chauffeur (1986) Deborah Foreman – My Mom's A Werewolf (1989) Susan Blakely – My Tutor (1983) Caren Kaye – Nabonga (1944) Buster Crabbe – Night Club (1989) Nicholas Hoppe – Night Fright (1968) John Agar – Nightmare in Wax (1969) Cameron Mitchell – The Nightmare Never Ends (1980) Cameron Mitchell – Nine Deaths of the Ninja (1985) Sho Kosugi – Ninja Champion (1985) Bruce Baron – Ninja Death I (1987) Lo Yiu – Ninja Death II (1987) Lo Yiu – Ninja Death III (1987) Lo Yiu – Ninja Empire (1990) Mike Abbott – Ninja Heat (1988) Chan Sheng – The Patriot (1986) Gregg Henry – Pick-up (1975) Jill Senter – The Pink Angels (1971) John Alderman – Policewomen (1974) Sondra Currie – The Pom Pom Girls (1976) Robert Carradine – Prehistoric Women (1950) Laurette Luez – Prime Evil (1988) William Beckwith – Prisoners of the Lost Universe (1984) Richard Hatch – Radio Ranch (1940) Gene Autry – Rattlers (1976) Sam Chew – The Real Bruce Lee (1973) Bruce Lee – Return of the Kung Fu Dragon (1976) Sing Chen – Road to Nashville (1967) Marty Robbins – Santee (1973) Glenn Ford – Satan's Slave (1976) Michael Gough – Savage Journey (1983) Richard Moll – Savage Weekend (1976) Christopher Allport – Scorpion (1986) Tony Tulleners – Secret File: Hollywood (1962) Robert Clarke – Separate Ways (1981) Karen Black – The Severed Arm (1973) Deborah Walley – Sextette (1978) Mae West – Shadow Ninja (1983) Steve Tung Wai – Shadow of Chinatown (1936) Bela Lugosi – Shaolin Deadly Kicks (1977) Dorian Tan – Shaolin Temple (1976) Shu Feng – Shock (1946) Vincent Price – The Sidehackers (1969) Ross Hagen – The Silencer (1992) Lynette Walden – Single Room Furnished (1968) Jayne Mansfield – The Sister-in-Law (1974) John Savage – The Skydivers (1963) Kevin Casey – The Snake, The Tiger, The Crane (1975) Carter Wong – Snowbeast (1977) Bo Svenson – Spare Parts (1979) Jutta Speidel – The Specialist (1975) Adam West – Spirits of Bruce Lee (1980) Michael Chan – Stanley (1972) Chris Robinson – Star Odyssey (1979) Yanti Somer – The Stepmother (1972) Catherine Justice – Superchick (1973) Joyce Jillson – The Teacher (1974) Jay North – Terrified (1963) Rod Lauren – Terror (1978) John Nolan – Terror at the Red Wolf Inn (1972) Linda Gillen – Terror in the Jungle (1968) Robert Burns – Throw Out the Anchor (1974) Richard Egan – Tiger Love (1977) Hu Chin – TNT Jackson (1974) Jeanne Bell – Tomboy (1985) Betsy Russell – Top Cop (1990) Stephen P. Sides – Trauma (1978) Fabio Testi – Treasure of Tayopa (1974) Rena Winters – Trip With the Teacher (1975) Zalman King – The Van (1977) Danny De Vito – Van Nuys Blvd. (1979) Bill Adler – The Virgin Queen of St. Francis High (1987) Joseph R. Straface – Voodoo Black Exorcist (1973) Fernando Sancho – Weapons of Death (1981) Eric Lee – Weekend Pass (1984) Chip McAllister – Weekend With the Babysitter (1971) George E. Carey – The Wild Rebels (1967) Steve Alaimo – Wild Riders (1971) Alex Rocco – The Wild Women of Wongo (1958) Jean Hawkshaw – Yellow Hair and the Fortress of Gold (1984) Laurene Landon – The Young Graduates (1971) Tom Stewart

The following 14 films are the only releases that aren't in other Mill Creek box sets:

Alien Contamination; Alien Species; All the Kind Strangers; Atomic Rulers of the World; Counterblast; The Day the Sky Exploded; The Disappearance of Flight 412; The Doomsday; Machine; Embryo; Eternal Evil; Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe; Idaho Transfer; Manhunt in Space; The Mistress of Atlantis

The other 186 films are available in other Mill Creek box sets, such as the 50 Film Martial Arts set.

thankyouforfu

Friday Nite Special Vol. 2 Martial Madness

$_35.JPG$_35.JPG

Format: Multiple Formats, Box set, Collector's Edition, Subtitled, NTSC

Studio: Phoenix / Black Lotus

DVD Release Date: November 7, 2006

Run Time: 240 minutes

Includes:

- The Chivalry, The Gunman, & The Killer

- Fists of Dragons

- Avenging Boxer

- Imprudent Iron Phoenix

Secret Executioner
Drive-In Cult Cinema Collection box set from Mill Creek Entertainment.

683904111616-2.jpg

Format: Multiple Formats, Box set, Black & White, Color, NTSC

Language: English

Region: Region 1

Number of discs: 50

Rated: R (Restricted)

DVD Release Date: December 3, 2013

Run Time: 17432 minutes

Absolution (1978) Richard Burton – African Safari (1968) Ron Shanin – Alien Contamination (1981) Ian McCulloch – Alien Species (1996) Charles Napier – Alien Zone (1978) John Ericson – All the Kind Strangers (1974) Stacy Keach – Almost Hollywood (1994) India Allen – The Alpha Incident (1977) Ralph Meeker – Atomic Rulers of the World (1964) Ken Utsui – The Babysitter (1969) Patricia Wymer – The Beach Girls (1982) Debra Blee – Beast from Haunted Cave (1959) Michael Forrest – Best Friends (1975) Richard Hatch – The Big Fight (1972) Roc Tien – Black Cobra (1987) Fred Williamson – Black Cobra 2 (1988) Fred Williamson – Black Cobra 3 (1990) Fred Williamson – Black Fist (1975) Richard Lawson – The Black Godfather (1974) Rod Perry – Black Hooker (1974) Sandra Alexander – Blood Mania (1970) Peter Carpenter – Blood of Dracula's Castle (1969) John Carradine – Bloodlust (1959) Robert Reed – Blue Money (1972) Alain Patrick – Brain Twisters (1991) Terry Londeree – The Brave Lion (1978) Wei Tzi Yung – Breakout from Oppression (1978) Lona Chang – Burnout (1979) Mark Schneider – Carnival of Crime (1962) Jean-Pierre Aumont – Cave Girl (1985) Daniel Roebuck – Chain Gang Women (1972) Barbara Mills – Chase Step by Step (1982) Chee Kung – Cindy and Donna (1971) Debbie Osborne – City Ninja (1986) Michael Chan – Click: The Calendar Girl Killer (1990) Troy Donahue – Coach (1978) Cathy Lee Crosby – Count Dracula and His Vampire Bride (1974) Christopher Lee – Counterblast (1948) Robert Beatty – Country Blue (1973) Dub Taylor – The Crater Lake Monster (1977) Richard Cardella – Craze (1974) Jack Palance – The Creeping Terror (1964) Vic Savage – Dangerous Charter (1962) Chris Warfield – Day of the Panther (1988) Edward John Stazak – The Day the Sky Exploded (1958) Paul Huschmid – Deadly Duo (1971) David Chiang – Death Machines (1976) Ron Marchini – Death Rage (1976) Yul Brynner – Death Riders (1976) Bud Boerma – Death Warmed Up (1984) Michael Hurst – Deathrow Gameshow (1987) John McCafferty – The Devil's Hand (1962) Robert Alda – The Disappearance of Flight 412 (1974) Glenn Ford – Don't Look in the Basement (1973) Rosie Holotik – Doomsday Machine (1972) Grant Williams – Embryo (1976) Rock Hudson – End of the World (1977) Christopher Lee – Escape From Hell Island (1963) Mark Stevens – Eternal Evil (1985) Winston Rekert – Evil Brain From Outer Space (1956) Ken Utsui – Fighting Mad (1978) Leon Isaac Kennedy – The Firing Line (1991) Reb Brown – Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe (1940) Buster Crabbe – Fleshburn (1984) Steve Kanaly – Four Robbers (1987) Shek Hon – The Four Shaolin Challengers (1977) Bruce Leung – French Quarter (1978) Virginia Mayo – The Fury of the Wolf Man (1972) Paul Naschy – Galaxina (1980) Dorothy Stratten – Going Steady (1979) Yftach Katzur – Good Against Evil (1977) Dack Rambo – The Guy from Harlem (1977) Loye Hawkins – The Guy with the Secret Kung Fu (1981) Meng Fei – Hands of Death (1987) Roc Tien – The Head Hunter (1983) Chow Yun Fat – The Hearse (1980) Trish Van Devere – Hell on Wheels (1967) Marty Robbins – The Hellcats (1967) Ross Hagen – Horror High (1974) Pat Cardi – Horror of the Zombies (1974) Maria Perschy – The Hostage (1967) Harry Dean Stanton – Hot Target (1985) Simone Griffeth – House of the Living Dead (1973) Mark Burns – Hunk (1987) John Allen Nelson – Hustler Squad (1976) Lynda Sinclaire – I Eat Your Skin (1964) William Joyce – I Wonder Who's Killing Her Now? (1976) Bob Dishy – Idaho Transfer (1973) Keith Carradine – Image of Bruce Lee (1978) Bruce Li – The Impossible Kid (1982) Weng-Weng – In Hot Pursuit (1977) Bob Watson – Indian Paint (1965) Johnny Crawford – Infernal Street (1973) Yiu Tin-Lung – Invasion of the Bee Girls (1973) William Smith – Iron Angel (1964) Jim Davis – The Island Monster (1954) Boris Karloff – Jive Turkey (1974) Paul Harris – Jocks (1986) Scott Strader – Karate Kids USA (1980) Charles Lane – Katie's Passion (1975) Rutger Hauer – The Kidnapping of the President (1980) William Shatner – Killpoint (1984) Richard Roundtree – Kung Fu Arts (1980) Carter Wong – Kung Fu Kids Break Away (1980) Wang Ye Leung – Land of the Minotaur (1976) Donald Pleasence – Las Vegas Lady (1975) Stella Stevens – Lena's Holiday (1991) Felicity Waterman – Liar's Moon (1982) Matt Dillon – Little Laura and Big John (1973) Karen Black – Low Blow (1986) Cameron Mitchell – Lurkers (1988) Christine Moore – Mad Dog (1977) Helmut Berger – Madmen of Mandoras (1963) Walter Stocker – Malibu Beach (1978) Kim Lankford – Manhunt in Space (1954) Richard Crane – The Manipulator (1971) Mickey Rooney – Medusa (1973) George Hamilton – The Mistress of Atlantis (1932) Brigitte Helm – Moon of the Wolf (1972) David Janssen – The Murder Mansion (1972) Evelyn Stewart – My Chauffeur (1986) Deborah Foreman – My Mom's A Werewolf (1989) Susan Blakely – My Tutor (1983) Caren Kaye – Nabonga (1944) Buster Crabbe – Night Club (1989) Nicholas Hoppe – Night Fright (1968) John Agar – Nightmare in Wax (1969) Cameron Mitchell – The Nightmare Never Ends (1980) Cameron Mitchell – Nine Deaths of the Ninja (1985) Sho Kosugi – Ninja Champion (1985) Bruce Baron – Ninja Death I (1987) Lo Yiu – Ninja Death II (1987) Lo Yiu – Ninja Death III (1987) Lo Yiu – Ninja Empire (1990) Mike Abbott – Ninja Heat (1988) Chan Sheng – The Patriot (1986) Gregg Henry – Pick-up (1975) Jill Senter – The Pink Angels (1971) John Alderman – Policewomen (1974) Sondra Currie – The Pom Pom Girls (1976) Robert Carradine – Prehistoric Women (1950) Laurette Luez – Prime Evil (1988) William Beckwith – Prisoners of the Lost Universe (1984) Richard Hatch – Radio Ranch (1940) Gene Autry – Rattlers (1976) Sam Chew – The Real Bruce Lee (1973) Bruce Lee – Return of the Kung Fu Dragon (1976) Sing Chen – Road to Nashville (1967) Marty Robbins – Santee (1973) Glenn Ford – Satan's Slave (1976) Michael Gough – Savage Journey (1983) Richard Moll – Savage Weekend (1976) Christopher Allport – Scorpion (1986) Tony Tulleners – Secret File: Hollywood (1962) Robert Clarke – Separate Ways (1981) Karen Black – The Severed Arm (1973) Deborah Walley – Sextette (1978) Mae West – Shadow Ninja (1983) Steve Tung Wai – Shadow of Chinatown (1936) Bela Lugosi – Shaolin Deadly Kicks (1977) Dorian Tan – Shaolin Temple (1976) Shu Feng – Shock (1946) Vincent Price – The Sidehackers (1969) Ross Hagen – The Silencer (1992) Lynette Walden – Single Room Furnished (1968) Jayne Mansfield – The Sister-in-Law (1974) John Savage – The Skydivers (1963) Kevin Casey – The Snake, The Tiger, The Crane (1975) Carter Wong – Snowbeast (1977) Bo Svenson – Spare Parts (1979) Jutta Speidel – The Specialist (1975) Adam West – Spirits of Bruce Lee (1980) Michael Chan – Stanley (1972) Chris Robinson – Star Odyssey (1979) Yanti Somer – The Stepmother (1972) Catherine Justice – Superchick (1973) Joyce Jillson – The Teacher (1974) Jay North – Terrified (1963) Rod Lauren – Terror (1978) John Nolan – Terror at the Red Wolf Inn (1972) Linda Gillen – Terror in the Jungle (1968) Robert Burns – Throw Out the Anchor (1974) Richard Egan – Tiger Love (1977) Hu Chin – TNT Jackson (1974) Jeanne Bell – Tomboy (1985) Betsy Russell – Top Cop (1990) Stephen P. Sides – Trauma (1978) Fabio Testi – Treasure of Tayopa (1974) Rena Winters – Trip With the Teacher (1975) Zalman King – The Van (1977) Danny De Vito – Van Nuys Blvd. (1979) Bill Adler – The Virgin Queen of St. Francis High (1987) Joseph R. Straface – Voodoo Black Exorcist (1973) Fernando Sancho – Weapons of Death (1981) Eric Lee – Weekend Pass (1984) Chip McAllister – Weekend With the Babysitter (1971) George E. Carey – The Wild Rebels (1967) Steve Alaimo – Wild Riders (1971) Alex Rocco – The Wild Women of Wongo (1958) Jean Hawkshaw – Yellow Hair and the Fortress of Gold (1984) Laurene Landon – The Young Graduates (1971) Tom Stewart

The following 14 films are the only releases that aren't in other Mill Creek box sets:

Alien Contamination; Alien Species; All the Kind Strangers; Atomic Rulers of the World; Counterblast; The Day the Sky Exploded; The Disappearance of Flight 412; The Doomsday; Machine; Embryo; Eternal Evil; Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe; Idaho Transfer; Manhunt in Space; The Mistress of Atlantis

The other 186 films are available in other Mill Creek box sets, such as the 50 Film Martial Arts set.

Some nice titles in there, and I'm curious whether Flash Gordon Conquers The Universe is the full serial. Could be a nice bargain, 200 movies including a full 12-episode serial (over 3 hours of footage). :smile:

Archived