THE BLACK HOOD - WAKAYAMA Tomisaburo

bearpower

Has anybody watch THE BLACK HOOD made in 1981 ? Starring: WAKAYAMA Tomisaburo, NINOMIYA Sayoko, ISHIBASHI Renji, NISHIMURA Ko,KISHIDA Shin,KATO Yoshi. SAmurai films featuring this hero date back to before the second world war. Along came a masked champion for justice; anextraordinary swordsman called "Kurozukin" (Black Hood) who vowed to support the Shogun against all enemies. Starring the great Wakayama Tomisaburo this action packed made for television movie is superb. On his favorite horse "Hakuhatsu" (White

Hair), our dashing hero contends with upheavals during the final days of the Tokugawa

Shogunate. "Black Hood" uses his tremendous sword skills to defeat the the Choshu

and Satsuma clans as they attempt to steal a map of Edo Castle in order to attack the

castle. Wakayama Tomisaburo plays 3 separate roles to hide his secret identity as he

cuts down brutal enemies, one after another!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Bearpower !!

I like the movie ,got it a while back from Samurai ( good price too !).

It is in a way typical for the prevalent Japanese style of movies in the early eighties.

So it will remind you of several other good Japanese movies. The LOOK is crisp & stylish.

The storyline is somewhat predictable, without being neither boring or repetitive .

The action is good without being totally unique.

Maybe not up there with my favorite Toshiro Mifune movies LOL !

But a good movie worth getting ! However if one is not used to /into the Japanese style of this time period it will probably seem SLOW ...

Hope this helps,Athena

There seem to be copies for sale on eBay, plus sites like Kurotokagi.com and japanesesamuraidvd.com

Where can you get this one?

I am sorry vengeanceofhumanlanterns !

That was very unclear of me , Samurai is my own " mental shorthand " for japanesesamuraidvd.com !

Did not mean for you to be a MINDREADER hehe, my mistake !

Best from" non psychic" Athena ;)

daisho2004

Cory over at Kurotokagi.com has subtitled this movie himself, and he is very reliable. I buy from him all the time.

Cory over at Kurotokagi.com has subtitled this movie himself, and he is very reliable. I buy from him all the time.

That's great daisho2004 !

I am embarrassed to admit I have not placed any orders there yet ..

( Know how you get in habit of ordering from the same places you know ,

over & over ?). So it is a good place then ?

& How do you like the movie ?? BTW Great to talk to you again !

Xiexie Athena ;)

I've ordered from Cory many times sometimes his customer service is a little slow to respond to you if you got a question but other times he is quick to get back to you. But his quality is awesome. Merlin over at SamuraiDVD.com is the best no question about that. And there good friends also. Alot of other sites rip/steal there hard work and try to pass it off as there own and sell it at times for a lot less. Granted sometimes Merlin's prices are high but he does give discounts. And without them we wouldn't have half of these rare and hard to find Japanese Samurai/Ninja films out there that will never see a legit release. So if you want to get those movies you got to support them.

And Athena glad your back as well. :wink:

Archived