Black Mask - Jet Li - UNCUT?

wigsplitta

wigsplitta

Hi all,

Sorry if there has already been a post about this before. Wondering if anybody owns, or anybody has seen an 'uncut' version of Black Mask.

I ask with particular reference to:

i - The 'uncut' Taiwanese version

ii - The version that was screened at Jet Lee's first UK public appearance (see pic below)

I was unfortuinatley not able to make that day, but a friend of mine did. When I got a dvd of Black Mask a few years later, he said to me that the version i had (standard HK release) was cut, as he distinctly remembers Jet Li pulling off a dudes arms!!! I then bought the 'uncut' Taiwanese version, but this was still missing that scene :sad:

Anybody willing to back up my friend, or has he got a beard longer than Pai Mai and Tutankhamun combined? :tongue:

Also, was anybody lucky enough to have made it to that day back in 1996? (lucky c**t if you did!) :wink:

jetlee.jpg

(if anyone wants a better scan of this flyer, or indeed, the other side, let me know)

eazy

I remember getting the flyer (whish I lost along the way) but couldn't go - to the Jet one or the Jackie one - as I was on the dole at the time.

I remember thinking, ah well, they'll be back! :cry:

I've got the Taiwanese DVD - haven't seen it in a while, the only differences I recall were some bits of bloddletting at the very beginning (think someone posted some clips on YouTube from it?)

Dude, PLEASE post the back of the flyer!! The memories it'll bring back!! :tongue:

wigsplitta
I remember getting the flyer (whish I lost along the way) but couldn't go - to the Jet one or the Jackie one - as I was on the dole at the time.

I remember thinking, ah well, they'll be back! :cry:

I've got the Taiwanese DVD - haven't seen it in a while, the only differences I recall were some bits of bloddletting at the very beginning (think someone posted some clips on YouTube from it?)

Dude, PLEASE post the back of the flyer!! The memories it'll bring back!! :tongue:

Cheers for the info Karlos. I think the scene my mate was referring to was the hospital fight. Damn shame to hear that you couldn't make it either. I was lucky enough to make it to a Jackie Chan appearance at Planet hollywood back in the 90's. And I totally agree with your thoughts at the time....yeah, they'll be back to do a few more, surely! Ouch!

Here's the back scan, as ya asked so nicely :xd:

jetlee2.jpg

Awesome, bro, thanks!

That sure does bring back some happy memories!

The Jackie one, IIRC, was organised shortly after? And was on, off, then on again - at real short notice!

Again, if only I'd realised how lucky I was to get an invite, I would have surely begged/stole/borrowed to get my bad self there!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Hey Guys, I probably have the same Taiwanese cut as you. But I'll check out that hospital fight scene just to be sure. Worst case scenario- you can always splice in the scene of arm ripping from THE BODYGUARD. :xd:

Hey Guys, I probably have the same Taiwanese cut as you. But I'll check out that hospital fight scene just to be sure. Worst case scenario- you can always splice in the scene of arm ripping from THE BODYGUARD. :xd:

Throw in the nut-ripping scene from THE STREETFIGHTER and you got yourself a deal! :tongue:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Throw in the nut-ripping scene from THE STREETFIGHTER and you got yourself a deal! :tongue:

You know, this is a bit off topic, but... I always imagined in that famous THE STREETFIGHTER scene, that he tore off the "frank" and the "beans". It's what a rapist really deserves! :xd:

The hospital 'victim' breaks two guys arms, Shek glass cuts a guy's arm off, whilst a villain has his arm lasered off. Don't recall any other scene involving an arm. The language could be a good indicator.

Wikipedia has details on versions.

You know, this is a bit off topic, but... I always imagined in that famous THE STREETFIGHTER scene, that he tore off the "frank" and the "beans". It's what a rapist really deserves! :xd:

Right on!!

Couldn't agree more!!

• Administrator

Dear @wigsplitta, I realize this reply is coming over a decade after you asked :coveredlaugh but German company TVP- The Vengeance Pack released an excellent Blu-ray edition of this with multiple versions of the film including an uncut print. It's English-friendly too. Well, the initial, long out-of-print deluxe edition was. You'll have to double-check to see if their later re-issue of it is also English friendly.

• Like 1