What is your favorite television show you like to watch reruns of?

Guest Canning

Guest Canning

Out of the many different television shows on television that are reruns, which television show is your favorite to watch and why?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That question is little bit hard, but i would say that for me it`s Married With Children, why? Hm that question is even harder, i like all characters and i think that Ed O`Neil perfectly done Al Bundy Character, also all other actors are amazing.

ReverendYah

Always watch The Avengers when The Beeb see fit too re-run them (though not a big New Avengers fan) and Batman's always good for a laugh.

Fang Shih-yu
hmm

Shazam!

Which Captain Marvel do you watch more of, Jackson Bostwick or John Davey?

Always watch The Avengers when The Beeb see fit too re-run them (though not a big New Avengers fan) and Batman's always good for a laugh.

ReverendYah,

Please forgive me if we are not talking about the same Avengers !

( There are so many TV things with the same name sometime...Hehe ).

But my ULTIMATE choice is the ULTRA COOL STYLISH BRITISH TV series !

My favorite partner for Mr Steed were the awesome Kathy Gale !! Honour Blackman ;) !

I have every available episode on DVD so I don't have to wait for reruns but I am still hoping for the "lost episodes " to show up !

I don't care for the New Avengers either...

Xiexie Athena ;)

Fang Shih-yu

Reruns of a lot that I like seem to have slipped off either into limbo or DVDs (legit and bootleg)! Still, some shows I like are currently being shown again and again!:bigsmile: I look forward to watching Rocko's Modern Life, [original] Twilight Zone, Leave It to Beaver, All in the Family (before Gloria gave birth to Joey), Married...with Children (prefer "Steve" episodes:smile: over "Jefferson" ones:sad:), Have Gun, will Travel and Maverick! That's merely a sampling of what interests me, of course!:nerd:

ooooooh I haven't seen Rocko's Modern Life in EONS! Great show!! Big influence I think ,when you look at Sponge-bob and what's popular now.

Fang Shih-yu

SpongeBob Squarepants creator Stephen Hillenberg used to write for Rocko's Modern Life, and some of the voice talent on Rocko ended up on SpongeBob as a result! There are slight similarities between the two shows, but there's a special loopiness to Rocko that lingers in my head after seeing it when it originally aired; thank goodness it still pops up as reruns!:bigsmile: So help me, there are times I feel like the outsider Rocko is in all the situations he gets caught up in!:tongue:

That question is little bit hard, but i would say that for me it`s Married With Children, why? Hm that question is even harder, i like all characters and i think that Ed O`Neil perfectly done Al Bundy Character, also all other actors are amazing.

I'm with you on Married with Children. Of all the sitcoms I grew up watching this show and Martin are the only two I can watch and always laugh. The reason that I give this show the nod, ahead of Martin, is that it was on for 11 years.

Morgoth Bauglir

I'm a TV junkie. So many shows that I watch over and over again. Dr Katz, Newsradio and Taxi to name a few.

Fang Shih-yu

Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist was so "under the radar", it's amazing it ran as long as it did on Comedy Central! Thanks to that show, I got introduced to the comedy of Ray Romano and Dave Chapelle! Jonathan Katz seemed more laidback than Bob Hartley (Bob Newhart) on his worst day!:tongue: Happily, Dr. Katz is on DVD, last I saw at my local FYE!:bigsmile:

ReverendYah
ReverendYah,

Please forgive me if we are not talking about the same Avengers !

( There are so many TV things with the same name sometime...Hehe ).

But my ULTIMATE choice is the ULTRA COOL STYLISH BRITISH TV series !

My favorite partner for Mr Steed were the awesome Kathy Gale !! Honour Blackman ;) !

Xiexie Athena ;)

Yeah we are on the same page :bigsmile:

Steed was/still is The King Of Cool and as for his side-kicks,always had a soft spot for Diana Rigg.

Yeah we are on the same page :bigsmile:

Steed was/still is The King Of Cool and as for his side-kicks,always had a soft spot for Diana Rigg.

ReverendYah ,

Indeed Mr Steed is ultra cool !!

& Diana Rigg is an actress supreme ! But I just like the toughness of Katy Gale, but off course Ms Peel is very sleek and sexy !

What is your favorite episodes ?

Best Athena ;)

Guest WuxiaFan

M*A*S*H - I never get tired of watching those reruns - I always laugh!

ALL IN THE FAMILY - it is so politically incorrect that I'm amazed it was even on the air.

:yociexp104:

Morgoth Bauglir
Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist was so "under the radar", it's amazing it ran as long as it did on Comedy Central! Thanks to that show, I got introduced to the comedy of Ray Romano and Dave Chapelle! Jonathan Katz seemed more laidback than Bob Hartley (Bob Newhart) on his worst day!:tongue: Happily, Dr. Katz is on DVD, last I saw at my local FYE!:bigsmile:

I'm not a fan Everybody Loves Raymond, but I loved him on Dr Katz. It's weird that this show isn't shown on reruns. It would be the PERFECT show to play before or after Home Movies on Cartoon Network. If it wasn't for reruns of Newsradio and Taxi I never would have known about those shows. I wonder why Dr. Katz doesn't get any love.

Fang Shih-yu
I'm not a fan Everybody Loves Raymond, but I loved him on Dr Katz.
I agree! In short, ELR ran for too many years!... It's scary when you stop to think about how many hit shows that have been on TV or cable over the past ten years (to focus a point of thought) not so much "jumped the shark" as they did "overstayed their welcome"! Why? Because of the need to "stockpile" enough episodes for syndication!:yociexp33: So help me, this load of nonsense seems to have had its basis in origin in the "lingering death" that was The Facts of Life!:yociexpress06:

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah that's true. 2 of my favorite shows, Married with Children and King of Queens overstayed their welcome a bit. Another obvious one is The Simpsons. I quit watching that many years ago. Then there's shows that didn't go on nearly long enough. One of my favs as a kid was Salute your shorts. Only 2 seasons. Another one is the recent Eastbound and Down with Danny Mcbride. Only 6 episodes:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Fang Shih-yu

I recall seeing more than a few Salute Your Shorts.... With some exceptions (not counting educational shows), many shows geared to younger viewers do not have the long runs of many Primetime TV and cable shows. Nickelodeon and Disney go through shows with pre-teens/'tweens/teens like boxes of Kleenex! (Before Hannah Montana, a.k.a. Miley Cyrus, there was Lizzie McGuire, a.k.a. Hilary Duff: anyone remember her?):khi3f: Again, money is a key factor in if a show returns as much as ratings are!... Circumstances were slightly different in the case of the '70s-'80s cartoon Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids; the account goes that if the animation studio which produced it (the super-cheap Filmation Studios) had their way, the show would've run only ONE season on CBS ('72-'73)! Good ratings alone couldn't persuade Filmation to do more episodes, so people at CBS had to go overtime to convince them that kids wanted to see more new episodes of Fat Albert! (They certainly didn't give Filmation more money for their work, judging by how these later shows played out; yes, they got cheaper!:tongue: At the time, Filmation was years away from having the animation done by overseas animators: the pre-cursor to using computers!)

I have been watching the classic TV series of "Mission Impossible" for its time this show was awesome and even better today. Also you can never get enough of the Original "Twilight Zone"

off the top of my head, X-Files,Seinfield,Full Frontal,Shadow Warriors, StarWars Clone Wars,Twilight Zone,Tales from the Crypt and masters of horror

I don't know if I have one favorite but some that are currently playing reruns on tv:

King of the Hill

Three's Company

Sanford and Son

The Simpsons

All in the Family

Martin

George Lopez

Roseanne

Futurama

In Living Color

Freddy's Nightmares

and as of this weekend I've been starting to watch Dukes of Hazzard for some reason.

I don't know how I could not mention RAISING DAMP !!

I think I love it most of all !! It is far above just been a classic ...

Mr Rigsby is the Essence of insanity ! The purest dry Humor around...

It is fantastic !!

Any UK members remember it ?? Do you ReverendYan ??

Xiexie ,Athena ..♥

Archived