Flash Future Kung Fu and other Bizarre Films

IronNeckLi

IronNeckLi

Of the various kung fu movies I have seen, "Flash Future Kung Fu" is easily the strangest. Zombies resurrected from the dead with better fighting skills, weird drug use, and a group of female Asian Nazi (?!) assassins taking dance classes at the local mall.

Compared to that, things like "Mr. Vampire" are downright tame. However, I have only seen a fraction of the movies that other members have, (I used to post/read this board in 2002-2003) so I'm curious what other oddities out there.

Focus-

Discuss really weird classic kung fu films.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venomsfreak

Toaism Drunkard

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Nine Demons

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Drunken Dragon

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afaV1m5ddgk&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afaV1m5ddgk&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Silver Fox

One that I picked up recently that was pretty wacked was Bruce Li The Invincible. It had fighting apes(well,guys in ape suits) and some sort of Indian tribe in short shorts(uggh). Overall it was a good flick, with some really solid fights.

Jade Dagger Ninja. The The 'Incredible Hulk' transformation/end fight is worth the price of admision. Wuxia mayhem as only Taiwan can produce.The dub is a s ridiculous as they come.

Mantis Fist and Tiger Claws of Shaolin- Now where else can you get a praying mantis monster,tons of great fights,and an implied act of beastiality with an insect(!) A couple of unsavoury rape scenes take the flick down a couple of notches, but overall a very weird and enjoyable flick.

BlackLamaFaction

Some movies are bizarre because their strange, some are bizarre in a silly way, and then some are both. I wouldn't want to recommend any to you that I didn't personally like, so here are a few that were bizarre, but i also thought were pretty good or great in some cases.

Invincible Kung Fu Trio

Jade Dagger Ninja

Bastard Swordsman

Return of Bastard Swordsmen

Human Lanterns

Bloody Parrot

Phantom Kung Fu

7 Men of Kung Fu

72 Desperate Rebels

Archived