Trailer for RZA's new kung fu flick...

mpm74

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:bigsmile: Just one of the many distractions keeping him from releasing "The Cure". This looks pretty good though.

Who is Robert Li? What was he the sensation of?

Improvisation

From Todd Brown:

Good lord, I hope the promo reel he shot is the best damn thing ever or this surely counts as one of the worst decisions ever made in film. Hyperbole? I don't thinks so.

Universal have handed over twenty million dollars to back The Man With The Iron Fists. What is it? A martial arts movie to be directed by and star the Wu Tang Clan's RZA with Hostel's Eli Roth on board as producer and co-writer.

Yes, twenty million dollars to a man with marginal acting experience and has never directed before. To direct a movie in which he will play a martial arts master. Who is also a blacksmith in a feudal era Chinese village. Because RZA screams feudal China to me. RZA, it's nice that you're a fan and all, but really? Really?

Memo to whoever at Universal approved this: Pray that it works because if it doesn't you're getting fired.

sifu iron perm
:bigsmile: Just one of the many distractions keeping him from releasing "The Cure". This looks pretty good though.

Who is Robert Li? What was he the sensation of?

have you read the last book by the RZA?

yes sir, i was amped like 10000 x's for the cure.

sifu iron perm
From Todd Brown:

hating ass devil.. (brown)..

If Rza can market this, and relaunch the kung-fu fever shit..mania back again , then its on..If those cats who made that wack ass, trash, non-scary shit, Paranormal Activity made a mint and noise..you know?

Remember when Lung Fu fever made a noise in the 90's..well it did in the UK..it was going quite good for a short while. RZA needs to concentrate on this for a minute!

Drunken Monk

Word is, this film will be going straight to DVD via a Grindhouse label. I don't think this will be the mainstream kung fu hit people may want it to be.

As for "The Man with the Iron Fist?" If Rza can balance things carefully, it could be a very solid movie. He needs to add his nod to kung fu fandom but he also needs to make it an excellent stand alone film.

I just hope his films are better than his solo albums.

I have not, but I'm pretty sure "The Cure" will never come out. It seems like he knows it would never be able to live up to the hype, so he just put it on permanent hiatus.

sifu iron perm
I have not, but I'm pretty sure "The Cure" will never come out. It seems like he knows it would never be able to live up to the hype, so he just put it on permanent hiatus.

take this from what any angle of belief..

i bumped heads with the Abott in Egypt few yrs ago..in Cairo..

He was a cool brother, him few other heads and a off shoot member of the killa beez, cilvarings..i built with him for a min..asked him about those projects, he told me has like Hmmmm..20-30 joints for that, but didin't feel the urge to push ..thats what it is..!!

Me and him talked about Islam, philosophy, and hip hop in like 37-39 degs..it was cool though, lol.

yes sir, i was amped like 10000 x's for the cure.

What book?

sifu iron perm
What book?

the tao of the wu..

don't expect some alex hayley..but it has some jewels there & here.

I felt like i was reading about myself in places..

peace

Archived