Don "The Dragon" Wilson

Jeru the Damaja

13 hours ago, BiggWill1988 said:

Who is that Don is fighting in that pic

I'm not sure, its a long time since I watched this movie. Albert might know the answer to this one?.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2016 at 11:31 AM, DragonClaws said:

I'm not sure, its a long time since I watched this movie. Albert might know the answer to this one?.

His name is Chris Aguilar, a Filipino martial artist and stuntman. He's been in a lot of the Corman Filipino shot action films and fought Evan Lurie in American Kickboxer 2.

Today, he works as head of security for Manny Pacquiao.

Chris0101.jpg

http://m.spin.ph/sports/boxing/special-reports/movie-goon-turned-preacher-chris-aguilar-savors-twin-roles-in-pacquiaos-life-v02

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Some old kickboxing matches with Wilson from back in the day

Wilson vs. Dennis Alexio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZC8eARdcCI

Wilson vs. Maurice Smith (before their on-screen fight in Bloodfist II)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5vmp77elFQ

• Like 3

Ring Of Fire 1 and 2 were a couple of my first DVDs but I wasn't too impressed. I think as a real life fighter, he was very good, but his action scenes were not of much interest. This wasn't entirely his fault, at that time (and in some cases still to this day) US directors and action choreographers just didn't know how to film martial arts in an exciting way.

• Like 2

I like his movies. They are basically trash, but some of them are at least highly entertaining trash. The Bloodfist series is 
a good start. Blackbelt is probably his best. Red Sun Rising is good too. But I still need to check out the Ring of Fire movies.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, chonk said:

I like his movies. They are basically trash, but some of them are at least highly entertaining trash. The Bloodfist series is 
a good start. Blackbelt is probably his best. Red Sun Rising is good too. But I still need to check out the Ring of Fire movies.

Ring Of Fire is very low level Rocky meets Romeo and Juliet, it's ok for a US martial arts movie, it's also Gary Daniels' USA debut.

ROF2 is a direct sequel with many of the main cast members but is batshit crazy, it's worth a watch if you want a good dose of early 90s nostalgia.

ROF3 I'm not sure if it even is a direct sequel, if it is it must be very loose, as I remember no connections to the original movie, I think it features Don's real son too.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dredderick_Tatum said:

ROF3 I'm not sure if it even is a direct sequel, if it is it must be very loose, as I remember no connections to the original movie, I think it features Don's real son too.

It's a very loose sequel, he's the only character from the previous two films to appear in the movie. It was released in the U.K on VHS, titled Lion Strike.

• Like 3