Don "The Dragon" Wilson

Jeru the Damaja

kingofkungfu2002

Don Wilson, Matt Mullins & Patrick Tang :wink:

Tang's the action coordinator on the movie, so I expect the action to kick ass.

• Like 1

Niice,,keep the info and pics coming!

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

Oh! Man, I did not recognize MM. So Tang's the AC? Cool. I really like him as a screen fighter. He ought to get in front of the camera more. But I think it's good he's doing choreography work. It'll help him in the long run and hopefully give him some ideas to showcase himself at some point.

Hope Don can keep up with the new kids; unless the action is scaled down to accommodate him. That's not intended as a diss, mind you. He just cut his teeth in a different era. As long as the choreography's good, I'll have no complaints.

• Like 1

Jeru the Damaja
Cynthia arrived in Thailand yesterday to join the rest of the cast :smile:

43126610150522647881417.jpg

Good stuff! Don and Cynthia still look like they are in great fighting shape. Oh and Cynthia officially now has certified milf status.:xd:

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

LOL indeed. It's probably someone on here that wrote that header, oh wait the internet didn't exist back then, how stupid of me, hahahahahahhah! Whoever you are that wrote that header, please come forward and continue to review more movies. Oh man, I love it,hahahahh!

• Like 1

Believe it or not, BLOODFIST celebrates its 25th anniversary today. I wrote up a little post about the film here:

http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.com/2014/09/newsploitation-bloodfist-makes-list.html

And the greatest BLOODFIST poster ever:

bloodfistPAK.jpg

Great write up....it is also worth noting that not only was it the most sequelized, but also the most copied in which Corman and his Concorde Pictures did for the following:

Full Contact (1993) - same premise, set in the alleys of Los Angeles with Jerry Trimble in the Wilson role.

Angel Fist (1993) - same premise, except it was an all-female tournament starring the late Catya Sassoon in the Wilson role.

Dragon Fire (1993) - same premise, set in Los Angeles 2050 with New York-based actor and martial artist Dominic LaBanca in the Wilson role.

All three even say "based on a story by Robert King" King wrote the original screenplay for Bloodfist :)

Then came of course, Bloodfist 2050 with Matt Mullins. :)

• Like 1

The only movie I have seen with Don "The Dragon" Wilson is Batman Forever. I never really came across any of his movies back in the day, & I have to admit anything I have seen since then to me looks like z-movie quality.

Don't watch his later films. You'll only be disappointed. His early stuff is pretty good.

Bloodfist 1-4; Future Kick; & Black Belt. Try checking those out, especially the last one.

• Like 1

Don also made cameos as himself in two of T.J. Roberts' films: Magic Kid (where he fights alongside Roberts in the final fight) and The Power Within (which he gives Roberts' character a pep talk in respecting martial arts and opponents)

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

Been thinking it over and I'm considering checking out that guy. What movies are recommended ? Seems like everybody agrees on the Bloodfist franchise, but what else is there in his filmography that's worth a look ?

• Like 1

Been thinking it over and I'm considering checking out that guy. What movies are recommended ? Seems like everybody agrees on the Bloodfist franchise, but what else is there in his filmography that's worth a look ?

I don't know if you've gotten a chance to check it out yet GHW, but Ring of Fire is a good one. Don't expect Don to fight until the end, but the film has other pretty good fights in the film. This is the film that introduced me to Gary Daniels and Ron Yuan; great seeing Dale Jacoby from No Retreat No Surrender again and Vince Murdocco (who I first saw in Kickboxer 2) fighting again. Wilson choreographed the fights along with I believe it was Eric Lee, who plays drunken fighter Kwong.

Ring of Fire II was okay but could have been better. I enjoyed Ring of Fire III though, especially when he and Bobbie Phillips take on some thugs outside of a grocery store and Don's son Jonathan proceeds to beat up the bag of groceries.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
Been thinking it over and I'm considering checking out that guy.

If the kungfucinema forums were to have an award for bravery, GHW just got it.

• Like 1

Secret Executioner
If the kungfucinema forums were to have an award for bravery, GHW just got it.

Huh... Why'd you say that ? A lot of crap to push away before getting a good one ? :squigglemouth:

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
Huh... Why'd you say that ? A lot of crap to push away before getting a good one ? :squigglemouth:

The problem with crap is, even if you push it all away, at best all you'll be left with is an ass.

I don't think I've ever seen a single watchable Don 'The Dragon' Wilson movie. I respect him as a martial artist...as a screenfighter, not so much.

Go to around 2:25 of this clip...Don "The Dragon" Wilson about to meet Dick Grayson...a little trivia: one of thugs who looks like he is wearing a grass skirt and throws a crescent kick at 3:41 before getting hit by Dick Grayson was the man who just narrowly lost the role to Chris O'Donnell...Michael Worth!

And Chris O'Donnell's double was gymnast Mitch Gaylord (who played his brother in the movie) 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

On Saturday, Don "The Dragon" Wilson received a sign at the Welcome to Cocoa Beach sign located on the corner of State Road 520 and Banana River Boulevard. He joins the likes of surfing legend Kelly Slater, former Miss Florida Melissa Witek, and a local basketball team. The sign recognizes famous names from the city and Wilson hailed from there during his days as a kickboxer before moving to Los Angeles. 

http://spacecoastdaily.com/2015/10/don-the-dragon-wilson-to-be-honored-by-city-of-cocoa-beach-saturday/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

On Sunday, "The Dragon" received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Melbourne Independent Filmmakers' Festival in central Florida and The Martial Arts Kid won three awards. He actually messaged me as I was heading to the screening on Tuesday, hoping I will like the film and I did. He has two fights in the film and they are both a hoot IMO, but he is more of a mentor in the film overall. 

• Like 1