Wu Xia (2011) (aka 武俠, Dragon)

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered it from Yes Asia last week. Hopefully it come soon i've been dieing to see that movie for quite sometime.

The Amazing Psycho Per

As weird as it sounds, I loved the movie until the fighting started :ooh:... The fights are just meh and suffers the now typical problems that plague martial arts movie nowadays (editing, framing, ackward wirework). Too bad, had the last part of the movie had been more carefully put together story and action wise, this would've been a instant classic for me.

How is JImmy Wang Yu in it?

Jimmy Wang Yu appears very late in the movie. He owns every seconds of screen time he is given though and is a very menacing presence... Of course, all the tricks of the trade are used to try to make him look good in the fight.

This movie is very good. Even my lady loved it... asking if there will be a sequel?! Lol. Jimmy Wang Yu stole the show, and displayed far more presence here than any of his films in his heyday.

hello all,

donnie yen was awesome again using leapard / panther style kung fu!!

how old is jimmy wang yu?

68. According to Wikipedia.

Just got the HK bluray, and loved it! The plot was a good bit of Avenging Eagle, One-armed Swordsman, and a little bit of Clan of the White Lotus thrown in for good measure, and with Hui Ying Hung and Jimmy Wang Yu with kick-ass fight scenes---awesome! Really great acting and cinematography, I thought. Could have used a bit more fight scenes--I was kind of expecting and hoping for one more large-scale fight scene that didn't happen...but overall, I loved this one.

Jimmy Wang Yu stole the show, and displayed far more presence here than any of his films in his heyday.

That's what I was thinking, too. :bigsmile:

Is this getting an American release?

Is it wrong if I ask if anyone knows of a good, subtitled, downloadable version or will the FBI put me in Guantanamo Bay?

Is it wrong if I ask if anyone knows of a good, subtitled, downloadable version or will the FBI put me in Guantanamo Bay?

you may be asking on the wrong site. lol

you may be asking on the wrong site. lol

Oh, I know. I generally frown upon piracy myself, but when it comes to kung fu films, I usually await American releases to pick up films.

When movies like "14 Blades" and "Wuxia" don't get those American releases I'm left to dabble in other means of obtaining said films.

Last I heard was that the Weinsteins obtained world rights (except China/HK) to the film. They will supposedly also make their own cut of the film.

This movie's 10/10.

I want to own it REAL bad, but I don't want to pay $30 (pre-shipping). Come on Weinsteins, hurry up.

• Administrator

I sent you a PM. :wink:

Congratulations to Tang Wei, Jimmy Wang Yu & Kara Hui for their respective nominations in the HK Film Awards for their roles in WU XIA.

Love this flik.....think it's Donnie's best movie since Flashpoint (not to mention the best period actioner for years), beats the bejesus out of both Ip Man movies...watched it again the other day and had to rewind that first flurry of shapes, Donnie pulls when Kanesiro is mentally reconstructing how the two bandits died, when Donnie blatantly pulls 20 odd moves in one take....that's what it's all about!!!

Nice to see some Hung Gar being used too...

• Administrator
Congratulations to Tang Wei, Jimmy Wang Yu & Kara Hui for their respective nominations in the HK Film Awards for their roles in WU XIA.

All well-deserved noms too!

Metrodome has it in the UK, so it should come out untouched.

I'd much rather pay extra to buy this version from overseas than worry about a Weinstein edited version.

Love this flik.....think it's Donnie's best movie since Flashpoint (not to mention the best period actioner for years), beats the bejesus out of both Ip Man movies...watched it again the other day and had to rewind that first flurry of shapes, Donnie pulls when Kanesiro is mentally reconstructing how the two bandits died, when Donnie blatantly pulls 20 odd moves in one take....that's what it's all about!!!

Nice to see some Hung Gar being used too...

You said it. I'm shocked at some of the middling reactions to this film. I thought it was outstanding! I can't wait to get my hands on a decent BD of this.

I have the FanAsia blu from here in oz, the only other version I saw was HK release off the net & they are identical

I really enjoyed the film & those Ive recommended/lent it to have also, including those non KFC types

Just wish there'd been more Kara Hui action :)

Good to hear the Aussie bluray is identical. I picked up the HK one when it came out. Saw it at the cinemas here in Sydney and knew I had to get it when it came out.

Glad that non fu film fans can enjoy it. It's a far reaching sort of film.

Archived