Jet Li to be in "New Dragon Inn" Remake

TWITCH has reported that Jet Li will feature in a remake of "New Dragon Inn" again produced by Tsui Hark

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/06/jet-li-joins-tsui-harks-new-dragon-inn-remake.php

"Jet Li joins Tsui Hark's NEW DRAGON INN Remake

...Crienglish is reporting that following his dramatic stint in Ocean Heaven, Jet will once again enter the world of swordplay in Tsui Hark's New Dragon Gate Inn for a huge salary of US $12 million. Their latest collaboration is a remake to the 1992 wuxia film Dragon Inn which Tsui served as the producer but this time around, it will get the 3D treatment. The plot deals with Ming Dynasty General Chow Wai-On who battles the power-crazed eunuch Tsao Siu-Yan at a deserted inn called Dragon Gate. Jet will play Chow Wai-On while Zhou Xun has already been cast as the inn's owner Jade. The role of Tsao Siu-Yan remains unknown as of yet."

Principal photography is scheduled to begin in September."

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lillippa328

A remake of a remake lol....hope the fight scenes will be better than his last Dragon Inn....i honestly couldnt get into it because of the terribly quick editing....

Improvisation

Jet Li's career is so baffling to me.

Fearless - "Jet Li's last martial arts movie!"

People start asking questions, and he's all like, "no, it's my last martial arts EPIC!"

Oh, that makes so much more sense.

So then coming out with War (hardcore action), Warlords (armor epic), Forbidden Kingdom (family friendly fu), Mummy 3 (blockbuster), Ocean's Eleven (drama) and The Expendables (hardcore action)...

And now a remake of Dragon Inn? Props for being diverse but...a martial artist that talented sure has funny ways of using his skills. At least he's not a Buddhist monk....yet.

blue_skies

I couldn't agree more improv.

Personally I thought that the Donnie Yen version was absolutely awful, so I can't say I am looking forward to this.

I also hope that we will see the star of old delivering

a sensational martial-arts performance.

hmm, This could go two ways, but ill hold judgment for some more info/trailer/photos..

Jet Li is a good sign and Im all for a good Dragon Inn, 3D tho sounds bit lame and feels tacked on but ill bite for now.

I thought the '92 version was OK, hopefully Jet Li can fight the eunuch's skeleton in the desert in this new one!

:wink:

3D :squigglemouth:

It's the new gimmick again, what else to say.

I think it's OK for CGI movies, but otherwise, eh...

Personally, the idea of 3D does nothing for me, as what they call "3D" hardly looks three dimensional IMO. But...I will watch it for Jet. I am not much into his action films (a la U.S. action), but will gladly watch him, and welcome him back into wushu/swordplay roles. Even a more straight up period film like Warlords is welcome in my book. he may be getting on in years, but his technical skills are still very good, and I just like the guy.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I for one was totally disappointed in the New Dragon Inn. I hated the fast blurred fight scenes.

The first Dragon Inn is a classic.

In... 3d... boo and BS with that gimmick.

Why a second time for Tsui Hark on a film he ruined with his campy Ashes in Time choreography.

Oh well :(:tinysmile_angry2_t:

The first Dragon Inn is a classic.

So true ! Killer movie !!

Hope you are well GD Y-Y !

Blessings Athena ;)

You can see the first footage for this in this Bona Entertainment reel. It appears at the 55 second mark.

kKa1g_ncPnA

ShaOW!linDude

"Treasure Inn" looks like it might be funny and have some wild f/x.

Archived