Most difficult fight move to make believable.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I was watching Mission Kiss & Kill last night. Li Yi Min at his finest.

This movie has fantastic fight scenes. Everything, nearly perfect, "EXCEPT".

I don't know if you all have noticed, that no matter how hard they try, they cannot make this move in a fight sequence seem REAL,,,,,,,,,,,,, that is:

When someone rolls over someones back.

You can always see their timing calibrated because of the difficulties involved. So it always, in my eyes, comes out as looking "FAKE".

That little instance, when they do the contact, to set up the move, always seems too calculated and thus for that brief moment lets you fall back into reality.

I know this is a picky point...

Just wondering if you all have observed the same thing.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

It all looks fake! It's kung fu choreography! I think the question is about not disrupting the rhythm of the fight. And that move you mention, plus some others, often slows the flow, or breaks the rhythm. I love long fast shapes exchanges. But every now and again, they use that one move, that just kills the momentum. It is very much nitpicking, as you said, but nonetheless noticable.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
It all looks fake! It's kung fu choreography! I think the question is about not disrupting the rhythm of the fight. And that move you mention, plus some others, often slows the flow, or breaks the rhythm. I love long fast shapes exchanges. But every now and again, they use that one move, that just kills the momentum. It is very much nitpicking, as you said, but nonetheless noticable.

OF course its FAKE hahahahaha! I like that take bro. Mind that..........your RIGHT..........................................................

it interrupts the flow.

Well said my man.

GD Y-Y

You can always see their timing calibrated because of the difficulties involved. So it always, in my eyes, comes out as looking "FAKE".

GD Y-Y

Acting is,acting like you are acting, but, not like you are acting :wink:

In other words make belief.

Archived