Last great basher you have seen?

odioustrident

odioustrident

Just saw Twister Kicker and have to say I really enjoyed it, despite some negative reviews I have seen around. Loved how all the big styles of the basher era (muay thai, karate, judo...not much else) came out in the finale in one go.

Haven't seen much of this type of film and I have a feeling some other fans here are the same. So, last great basher you had the pleasure of watching?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just saw Twister Kicker and have to say I really enjoyed it, despite some negative reviews I have seen around. Loved how all the big styles of the basher era (muay thai, karate, judo...not much else) came out in the finale in one go.

Haven't seen much of this type of film and I have a feeling some other fans here are the same. So, last great basher you had the pleasure of watching?

85% of Bashers are great check this thread.http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4200

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I tend to revisit Killer's Game -the green jade statuette, Delightful Forest, The Duel, Vengeance, Hot The Cool And The Vicious, and Challenge Of Death on an almost monthly routine.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Green Jade Statuette, Hot, Cool, Vicious and Challenge Of Death would be shapes in my book.

presicion25

Good basher? Ive seen recently:

Fists of the Double K

The Bloody Fists (Chen Sing)

The Black Panther (Chen Sing)

Seaman No. 7 (Wang Yu)

Crystal Fists (Billy Chong)

Return of the Tiger (Ho Chung Tao)(Bruce Li)

Gambling For Head!

Great idea, James Nam at his best, bloody wonderful end fight with inventive weaponry and balls out basher action!

presicion25
Crystal Fist is what they call "shapes"

ur probably right. nevermind about Crystal Fists :bigsmile:

Morgoth Bauglir

Just watched Kung Fu Headcrusher aka Tough Guy. One of the best bashers I’ve seen. Decent enough story, good music taken from Once Upon a Time in the West, and nonstop action. Chen Sing, Henry Yu Yung, Nick Cheung, San Kuai, Fong Yeh and Wong Ching all have big fighting roles, and they go at it hard.

This is actually the first kung fu movie I ever saw. In a thread titled something like "first kf movie you ever saw", I talked about how I didn't know the name, but all I remember was that 2 guys were in a fight to the death at the end, and were covered in mud. Thank you so much whoever gave me the name of this movie. PM me so I can send you a free movie as a reward. I can't fully describe how happy I am to finally find this movie!!

Morgoth Bauglir

I have the DVD called Revenge of the Dragon. On the back of the DVD it says Entertainment Programs and Gotham City Entertainment. It's part of The Golden Dragon Collection. It has a picture from My 12 Kung Fu Kicks (I think) on the cover:squigglemouth: From the same company that put out the movie Bolo. Full screen and English dubbed and the pic quality is pretty good (at least going by my low standards). I think flkcinema.com has a wide print, but beware that a lot of times they squeeze the image to make it wide. So I would ask about it before buying.

Well last night I watched FREEDOM STRIKES A BLOW aka CHINESE HERCULES so this isn't a hard question lol one of my favourite films.

I think the last one I watched was Heroes Two starring Fu Sheng and Kuan Tai Chen. That one must count as a "basher", right?

Morgoth Bauglir
I think the last one I watched was Heroes Two starring Fu Sheng and Kuan Tai Chen. That one must count as a "basher", right?

Close, but it's actually one of the first shapes movies of the 70's.

Close, but it's actually one of the first shapes movies of the 70's.

Could we consider it somewhat of a hybrid so I don't come across as a total ignorant? :wink:

In that case I'd say the last one was King Boxer. Superb flick!

Could we consider it somewhat of a hybrid so I don't come across as a total ignorant? :wink:

In that case I'd say the last one was King Boxer. Superb flick!

It does show movements of 'bashers' but leans more towards 'shapes.'

Just watched Kung Fu Headcrusher aka Tough Guy. One of the best bashers I’ve seen. Decent enough story, good music taken from Once Upon a Time in the West, and nonstop action. Chen Sing, Henry Yu Yung, Nick Cheung, San Kuai, Fong Yeh and Wong Ching all have big fighting roles, and they go at it hard.

This is actually the first kung fu movie I ever saw. In a thread titled something like "first kf movie you ever saw", I talked about how I didn't know the name, but all I remember was that 2 guys were in a fight to the death at the end, and were covered in mud. Thank you so much whoever gave me the name of this movie. PM me so I can send you a free movie as a reward. I can't fully describe how happy I am to finally find this movie!!

This is my favorite "basher" of all time. Morgoth, I remember posting a reply to someone on this forum regarding this flick. Might have been me! :bigsmile:

Morgoth Bauglir

When I was looking for that "first kf movie you saw" thread, I did happen to run into a thread where someone was also looking for Tough Guy, and you helped them out. You may have helped me out also. If you can find the "first kf movie you saw" thread that I'm talking about, let me know. I looked for it forever!

Karado, the Hong Kong Cat (aka Superior Youngster, aka Super Kung Fu Kid). I got a letterboxed, english dubbed print (sourced from a German copy I think). The dubbing used was the same one from the Ocean Shores Super Kung Fu Kid print. I had heard there was a much better english dub when it first played in U.S. theaters under the Karado title. Anybody know if this is true?

Archived