New Jackie Chan Movie?..(Sort of)

David Rees

Just got a review disc of a film called Jackie Chan and the Kung Fu Kid released by Kaleidoscope.

It says "a 15 year old boy spends his days dreaming of what it would be like to meet his idol Jackie Chan. Unable to concentrate at school he heads to his grandparents in the city and devotes himself to tracking down the kung fu legend."

Watched the first five minutes which has Jackie and a female fighting a group of heavies on what is a movie set (not bad choregraphy).Has anyone heard of this film?

Looks like mainland China production and starring someone called Yishan Zhang.

Will report back when i have watched it.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingofkungfu2002

Yeah, I've seen this. The original title is 'Looking For Jackie' :smile:

Improvisation

That's "Looking for Jackie," a cheesy Mainland production trying to get kids to study harder in school so that they can apparently meet Jackie Chan. It came out last year.

Probably three minutes of action total, the rest of it is completely uninteresting story centering around a bad teen actor. Learn from my mistake - it's not worth a watch.

The only notable thing I recall from that film is that a lot of Jackie's opera school brothers and sisters are involved.

if anyone is interested ,in thailand it has been released with english subtitles.

i watched the trailer long time ago and i was supposed to buy it.. then i realise it's just a waste of money :angel:

David Rees

Hey, lucky stars, you can have my review copy if you want, pm me your address....

I saw the film today under the name JACKIE CHAN: KUNG FU MASTER. I kind of liked it. It reminded me of a Chinese version of the Hollywood film Sidekicks, where a teen longs to meet his hero and does anything to get the chance. Yuen Bo and San Chou were the action directors and aside from Chan's on-set fights, there were a few nice fights involving a police officer and the head of a gang of kidnappers who kidnap the teen because he thought he was one of Jackie Chan's disciples.

Plus nice appearances by Yuen Qiu, Yuen Wah, Ng Ming-Tsai, and of course, Jackie himself.

I saw the film today under the name JACKIE CHAN: KUNG FU MASTER. I kind of liked it. It reminded me of a Chinese version of the Hollywood film Sidekicks, where a teen longs to meet his hero and does anything to get the chance.

Wow thats the same exact thing i thought lol!

found this in k marts 5 dollar bin, wish it had its original title searching for jackie, and not jackie chan kung fu master though, it matches it more lol JCKFM and the cover makes it look like a big action film which it isnt. and the og title makes more sence.

Archived