Lionsgate: Legend of Bruce Lee: 9/21/10

mpm74

Starring Hong Kong Film Awards Best Supporting Actor nominee Kwok-Kwan Chan (KUNG FU HUSTLE, SHAOLIN SOCCER) as the legendary Bruce Lee.

Detailed Synopsis:

The story of the legendary martial arts icon Bruce Lee, following him from Hong Kong to America and back again, leading up to his tragic death at the age of 32.

Cast: Kwok-Kwan Chan, Michelle Lang, Michael Jai White, Mark Dacascos, Gary Daniels, Luoyong Wang, Traci Ann Wolfe, Ray Park

Key Selling Points:

• Starring Hong Kong Film Awards Best Supporting Actor nominee Kwok-Kwan Chan (KUNG FU HUSTLE, SHAOLIN SOCCER) as the legendary Bruce Lee

• Executive produced by Shannon Lee (Bruce Lee’s daughter)

• An all-star cast that includes Michael Jai White, Mark Dacascos, Gary Daniels, Michelle Lang and Ray Park

• Street date set close to the home video release of the remake of THE KARATE KID, starring Jackie Chan.

• DVD Premiere

• Online and publicity support on Twitter, MySpace, Facebook, YouTube

Special Features:

• Trailer Gallery

No. of Discs: 1

Screen Format: Widescreen

Language/Subtitles: English, English Subtitles, Spanish Subtitles, Mandarin

Audio: 5.1 DOLBY DIGITAL

Rating: PG-13

Run Time: 183

CC: Yes

Color: Color

Copyright: © 2010 China International TV Corporation, Inc. and China Radio, Film & Television Programs Exchanging Center, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

031398125396.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yi-Long

This is just the laughably shite TV-series that they have now 'cut into' a movie, right!?

Yeah, not worth it.

HD 1080p version is being rerun (for the second time) on Central TV in China.

Poorly made TV series especially the part when Bruce goes to America.

There's cellphone in the 60's !

A: So how many HOURS is this cut by?

B: Whoever they've got cooking up the shitty covers for Lionsgate's martial arts releases needs to find a new line of work, such as panhandling.

sifu iron perm

The thing is here, i have watched so many 70's exploits on the Legend..so how can this be as bad??

sifu iron perm
I wanted to see the whole series not a cut up version of highlights! :ooh::cry:

another Ninja the final duel..

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
A: So how many HOURS is this cut by?

Well, it was originally 50 episodes, around 45 minutes each. So they've cut 2,067 minutes (34 3/4 hours) from the series. Roughly 46 out of the 50 episodes are missing! Which really sucks.

But... speaking of "sucks"... there's the series itself. :squigglemouth: Despite the warnings of friends who had seen it already to "not waste my time" I really wanted to see this. These were fellow fans, including Winfred who's opinions were always spot on, yet I wanted to see Bruce-like action, nunchaku battles, ect. I knew going in that the reviews were bad, so I had low expectations, figuring- it'll be less than spectacular, but still enjoyable. Plus the lead was great in SHAOLIN SOCCER and looked terrific as a Bruce-alike. Even with the low expectations though, this series was extremely lame. There's so much wrong with it that it's distracting. And it's not "so bad it's good" either. It's just bad. After suffering through several subtitleless full episodes I started skipping ahead to the action scenes only. But even this... eh. Nothing worth raving about IMO.

B: Whoever they've got cooking up the shitty covers for Lionsgate's martial arts releases needs to find a new line of work, such as panhandling.

I think this cover looks fine. I'm just curious what you don't like about it. Can you share your gripes in more detail bro?

Agree.

Judging from the few minutes I saw of the screener (I couldn't watch any more), we should be proud that nobody is shoving the entire, uncut series in our faces. They should actually edit it more... to the point of being nothing a blank DVD!

Did you guys listen to that wack ass song at the end of the movie? Is that shannon Lee singing? ugh.

But then again, it was better than Avatar.

Shannon...Linda.... you guys are wack. No wonder Bruce ran to Betty Ting Pei when he needed comfort.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Agree.

Judging from the few minutes I saw of the screener (I couldn't watch any more), we should be proud that nobody is shoving the entire, uncut series in our faces. They should actually edit it more... to the point of being nothing a blank DVD!

"It is like a finger pointing to the moon. If the finger goes in your eye, you will miss all of this Hellishly, and lamely told series."

I'd like a finger for each eye please. :xd:

Did you guys listen to that wack ass song at the end of the movie? Is that shannon Lee singing? ugh.

Shannon...Linda.... you guys are wack.

Who says we're wack? Did you say we're wack?

OK I finally got to watch this cut-up TV series today, and I'll say what everyone already has this movie sucked big time! I don't know how much BS they put into the entire series but I seen enough in this condensed 183min. version to know it was really bad! I did like some of the fight scenes, I didn't think they were all that bad, I've seen worse. I had to switch back & forth between English & Chinese Audio it made more sense that way, when he was in America. But on a whole I did fast forward a lot of the movie to get to the fight scenes. I would much rather have seen this movie with just the fight scenes and nothing else. I think if I watched this entire series I would've went MAD!

:khi3c::yociexp57:

Archived