On the road, looking for the "Heroes Two" Blu-ray!

Fang Shih-yu

Fang Shih-yu

With the Manchus busy watching World Cup competition, Brother Fang can concentrate on looking for Media Blasters' Blu-ray Disc of Heroes Two!... Well, the release date was today, and for those of us who go to Amazon first thing, I saw when I went there was that it would ship in about "one to three weeks"!:sad: If it is yet another delay of MB product, let's use this thread in order to check on the status of this BD! If the waiting for The Deadly Duo BD means anything, it's that the delay will result in quality product getting shipped out!:bigsmile: A quick look over at FYE has the release date moved ahead to August 31!:cry: Let the the continued waiting begin....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A quick look over at FYE has the release date moved ahead to August 31!:cry: Let the the continued waiting begin....

A Media Blasters title had been delayed? *GASP* Who ever would've expected such a thing?

:wink:

Seriously though, I guess we can expect Iron Bodyguard to be shoved back as well to, say, October. Seriously, whoever allows all of these delays at Media Blasters should be smacked. It's just a running joke now.

Fang Shih-yu

So says Best Buy and Barnes & Noble; HK Flix still says "pre-order".... So far, I'm inclined to feel FYE's listing [end of Aug.] might be the gospel. We're definitely waiting a while more, so if there's anyone wants to start reading War and Peace --and finish it-- now's the time!:tongue:

Just got home from my Suncoast/FYE....not luck :khi1a: I shoulda expected it though...

I wish Media Blasters would give us a in the ballpark release date listing like between June 29- July 27...instead of saying a date and never updating there listing until 3 weeks later if at all..

Oh well at least I was able to get Return of the One-Armed Swordsman an Warlords...

Fang Shih-yu
seems you will have to wait longer Athena.
DragonSword.... Athena hasn't forgotten you, either! She told me (in an email) she read your recent posting, and she asked me to say that she sends you her "most vixen (!) villainess regards"!... It is nice to be remembered, especially in a direct quote!:angel:

any new news on this release? I saw on amazon they had the release date for Aug. 3rd.. but I went there today and it's back to "title out of stock" ......

Fang Shih-yu

The release date got pushed up to August 31, BigDruDogg! As of tomorrow (8/3), the wait will only be four more weeks--knock on wood!:tongue: Anyone else who has an update about if this BD is keeping on schedule or not, post your note in this thread! Thank you!

so Media Blasters is planning to drop Heroes Two (bluray) and Iron Bodyguards the same day??

Wow that would be a pleasant surprise, and a complete shock if it comes to pass.. pardon my pessimism..

Thanks for the Info though!! :xd:

Iron Bodyguard release has been pushed back to September 28th.

Damn that's crappy....Sadly I guess it was to be expected though

Fang Shih-yu

Here is a random sampling of the believed availability of the Heroes Two Blu-ray.... Indeed, Amazon says it's temporarily out of stock with "8/2" as a release date. FYE took the listing off its site. HK Flix still says "pre-order". It's not listed on Best Buy or Deep Discount. Tower says it's "in stock"! (That's DVD and BD, by the way.) YesAsia still has the pre-order listed for an 8/31 release.... Based on the news about the hold-up for the Iron Bodyguard DVD, evidence suggests the HT BD is caught in another delay! More updates to follow as they come along. Now, if you'll excuse me....:khi1h:

Fang Shih-yu

@ Betty Pei Ti: Go to page 13 of the Kid with the Golden Arm - Media Blasters thread (in the Shaw section) and read comment #129 from Richard York to find out about what the BD for Heroes Two will include. You may like what you read!:bigsmile:

Fang Shih-yu

I went to Amazon this morning to look around, and as I checked my "cart" of saved items, I noticed the Heroes Two BD was marked down a fraction [from retail] and was said to be in stock. I saw that with one-day shipping, they said it would arrive Friday (the 13th), so I decided to order.... Well, I just got an email saying it will arrive at my house TOMORROW! Needless to say, I feel a little excited!:yociexp75:

I went to Amazon this morning to look around, and as I checked my "cart" of saved items, I noticed the Heroes Two BD was marked down a fraction [from retail] and was said to be in stock. I saw that with one-day shipping, they said it would arrive Friday (the 13th), so I decided to order.... Well, I just got an email saying it will arrive at my house TOMORROW! Needless to say, I feel a little excited!:yociexp75:

You are the Man Brother Fang! I just ordered it from my it saved cart also! It's now pending :xd:

Fang Shih-yu

Well, for anyone who's waited for this BD, it's fortunate that this second delay appears to have been a short one!... Someone pass along to saltysam to make sure that his screen captures for BnB aren't all Chu Mu!:tongue:

Fang Shih-yu

I've been through this BD from Media Blasters, and the main events that are the "Hung fist" featurette and the movie itself do not disappoint in the Blu-ray format! (Any limitations in the picture are due to the photographic equipment the cameramen had to use at the time; it's a little flaw evident on all Shaw films available on BD or DVD.) However, let it be known that more than a few of the "special features" (not counting the Chen Kuan Tai interview) are NOT anamorphic! Even so, this BD is worth your time and money, though plenty of you may want to wait and buy this once the price drops, as well as hold on to your MB DVD of HT!:wink:

Man...I've bee waiting forever! I ordered Heroes Two BLU from Deepdiscount.com for $10, in early June. I have gotten a few emails saying that it is back-ordered, but got another one this morning, saying that I would have it within a week.

Thanks! Could you add a paragraph or two for the next review:tongue:?

A bit disappointing they didn't fix the ratio (or interlacing?) for the extras (not likely to be from Celestial, BTW) - it's odd they're not anamorphically-flagged either. Plus, I felt the subtitles were a bit sub-standard on the DVD if they're the same here.

However, the improvements in other areas are appreciated.:smile2:

So, there's at least three versions featuring 'Three Styles'?:

1) Film (seamlessly branched - is there a Celestial ident between them that could ruin the flow a bit?) in English and Mandarin/subs.

2) Unremastered original in English and Mandarin/subs.

3) Celestial version in English and Mandarin/subs.

What is the Chinese one you describe? Is it the first of the three?

Personally, I wouldn't have wanted the unremastered original version to be seamlessly branched (non-anamorphic VHS upscaled to 1080p). Plus, the film's credits are altered too, so...

Archived