The Deadly Silver Spear (dissapponiting)

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I bought Jimmy Wang Yu's

Deadly Silver Spear

at a kiosk at the Mall of America that sells nothing but king fu movies. This was a rare find. All king fu movie at $15.00 a shot, quite pricey.

I had hopes for this film unfortunately it was VERY disappointing.

I have seen most of Wang Yu's film and thought this was about the worst one of his I ever saw.

Bonzia Media Corporation claims it was digitally restored and mastered. BS it wasn't even full screen and definite print off a VHS all faded etc.

Stay away from this one.

:tinysmile_angry2_t:.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You bought a bootleg from Stiller (pan media); no wonder the quality was bad. I actually quite enjoyed it myself.

Guest Markgway

Film was average for Wang's 70s output as I recall. He made a lot worse. $15 for a Pan Media boot. Yikes. You were pwned, mate. Those things aren't worth 15 cents. If you can't find a legit edition better download it for free so that Stiller gets jack.

BlackLamaFaction

I Love the opening scene in the dubbed version, where the assassins ask Jimmy Wang Yu "Who are You", when he tells them how dangerous he is and how they should have gotten more money for killing him. Then there's this big dramatic build up with the music as he takes off his hat to reveal himself, then the assassins say, "Well, who are you"? It was one of the funniest examples of bad dubbing I've seen.

thedirtytiger

There used to be a DVD from Eastern Heroes, the disc wasn't great but probably than them boots. The film itself I actually quite liked.

Archived